How did you get started scrapbooking?

Cherry Jubilee

Post by »

I went to a CM party that I think Rebajane hosted back when I was either pregnant with Bethany, or had just had her. . . got hooked immediately, although I didn't stick with the CM style for long. 
fromom
Cherry Blossom

Post by fromom »

Mothers day last year-pulled favorite photos for my mother-in-law and decided to try scrapbooking them-definitely have come a long way since then
Kymbo
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 7

Post by Kymbo »

I was working in a Dr. office and a gal came in with supplies for the Dr. I worked with.   I asked what it was and then the Dr had a in home clas from CM and I was hooked.   That was in 1997~
Kymberlee~
ljones2019
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 12

Post by ljones2019 »

my sis got me started on BBC.. and since then i have not stopped..
ncokely
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 601

Post by ncokely »

Afriend sold Creative Memories and gave me enough stuff to start an album.  I let it sit for 6 months and then felt guilty and I've been working every since.  That was over 8 years ago!
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

lisacris72
Cherry Tart

Post by lisacris72 »

Being pregnant with my 3rd child.  My husband actually found a local scraping store and told me to start going every friday night.  So he would get off work and come home at 6, by 7 I was out the door and at the scrap store.  I would come home around 1 or2am.  Ahhh the memories!!
CreativelyCarol
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 6

Post by CreativelyCarol »

My daughter and I went to a church event... and have been scrapping ever since!
Carol Gomes
Check out my blog : www.creativelycarol.blogspot.com
CreativelyCarol
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 6

Post by CreativelyCarol »

My daughter and I went to a church event... and have been scrapping ever since!
Carol Gomes
Check out my blog : www.creativelycarol.blogspot.com
jazzyscrapper
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 39

Post by jazzyscrapper »

I started after going to a CM party at a co-workers house.  I never looked back lol!
Terri
Kara
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 69

Post by Kara »

A freind invied me to a CM party and that was that!
Image \ ImageImage
chattyscrapper
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 85

Post by chattyscrapper »

I actually use to scrap before it was a big thing. I've always been into crafts. Sewing and cross-stitch. and went to J's a lot. I used textured scissors and stickers mostly. I matted by putting the picture on the cardstock and cutting around it with my scissors. It was really rustic by today's standard. I remember my first scrapbook was my engagement in 97. I probably put the book together in late 97, maybe 98. I can't remember.  Then, my friend needed a scrapbook for adopting and I helped with that... I remember getting paper at J's. I think what really turned it into a THING for me... is I was invited to a CM party in 2001. I bought an album and some of the circle cutters. It was all down hill after that. 
graces_mom_04
Cherry Blossom

Post by graces_mom_04 »

I bought some scrapbooking stuff for my ex in high school (he was in college) and we never did anything with it. When we broke up I ended up keeping it and threw some stuff to together with my cousin, about 5 or so years ago. I started getting more into it the past few years though. 
Kylie
Mommy to Grace&~Hope~
kathyt
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by kathyt »

I went to a CM party about 12 years ago and hated it, just didn't get it and thought I was not artistic enough to do it. About 2 years later a friend invited me to a CM crop and I guess the rep was better or something because I loved it. I bought pages, a trimmer, corner rounder and I guess a few pieces of paper. When I got home that night wanted to keep going and soon realized that I needed more things. The next day the consultant let me come back and dh was so excited that I had found something(besides raising 7, at the time, kids) that he told me to spend money getting stuff I needed. i am sure he regrets that sometimes now:-)
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

My college roommate and I both pledged a sorority.  I think it was her idea to start doing a scrapbook.
jbrannies2
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 36

Post by jbrannies2 »

A former co-worker who I actually couldn't stand got me hooked. Then we became best friends.. Hummmm.. Guess you could say I found a bff by scrapbooking. Awe....
betiloo
Cherry Blossom

Post by betiloo »

One of my friends got me started just before my daughter's senior year and the birth of my first grandbaby - It was at a CM crop!!!!!!  Over 10 years ago What a great hobby -
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

When I was getting married I discovered CM but didn't really get introduced to it for another 18 months when my DD was 2months old.  That was 6  years ago and I haven't stopped!  
jalh3
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 4

Post by jalh3 »

Three summers ago with my DD, took the Beginning Scrap class at lss, with the purpose to scrap exchange family trips of hers.  She was with a group of teen actors and families in Los Angeles and Vancouver did an exchange for the kids.  They performed in both countries, took work shops, and sight seeing too.  It was awesome.  Anyway, my DD didn't care too much for SB, but I LOVED it and was immediately addicted.I guess technically I started about 38 years ago when I was historian for my girl scout troop.  In fact, I just finished redoing the full of acid magnetic pages and the book.  For no one but myself.  No troop, no family, just for me.  It felt really good.JALH3
scrapsakes
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 451

Post by scrapsakes »

hmn, let's see...art & photography hobby, shopaholic, will hoard anything that gathers dust and i've 4 kids... it was only a matter of time!
Midge
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 213

Post by Midge »

I went to a CM party and realized that I didn't have to have kids to scrapbook...almost 5 years later and I'm scrapping everything from our vacations to our child! LOL

Return to “Winter Crop 2008”