Get an extra 10% off everything with code FALL10
PLUS get a free $5 gift card with a $50 purchase with code FREE5

clairbug

Cherry Bing

Re: Diecut Machines?
scrappinaway2day wrote:So Cricut or silhouette? I am trying to decide on this? Anyone have an opinion?

I have both....Silhouette all the way!!!

mhoover7

Cherry Tart

I just bought the Cricut Expression a couple of week ago. I LOVE IT! And I got it at WalMart for $289 -- not on sale! Since then I've been buying cartridges on Ebay. Michael's has all of their cartridges on sale this week for $39.99. They normally retail at $89.99. I looked around for about 3 months trying to decide if I really wanted to spend that much money or if I could buy something less expensive. I'm glad I bought the Cricut Expression. I can do so much with it from fonts and shapes in all kinds of sizes.

Kymbo

Cherry Bomb

I have the Sizzix and I love it. Yes it is bulky and somewhat a pain to carry with you to crops. However, I have learned to plan ahead better and precut all my dies before I leave. I have 4 different alpha sets and many other dies, that I bought at Michaels with my 40% coupon.
Kymberlee~

Janell

Cherry Cola

I have the quickcutz, but hardly ever use it now that I amostly digital, but it is great for cards and what not, best of luck finding one!
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!

Cherry Jubilee

I've had the sizzix for years and love it. I just last week got the Big Kick and that is my new favorite . . it does everything the sizzix does and more. I have use of a cricut too, but while I really like it, if I had to choose I'd pick the big kick.Image

stephfez

Cherry Bing

I have only used the cricut and I love it! I had the little one and now have the big one and both were worth every penny.
Stephanie

Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool Image

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

I have the original sizzix and the sidekick. I also have about 4-5 years worth or more of dies for them. I drool over the newer fancier computer ones but the original and sidekick work great. I have alphabets and all kind of dies for both and am very pleased with both.

genggay

Cherry Blossom

i certainly agree with clairbug...

not to mention it works well with the uber cute cuttlebug embossing folders...

sherry

Cherry Bing

Can you help me? I have no die cutting machine either and am anxious to get one. I like the look of the Cricut but I keep reading that there is a little one & a big one-- clarify? Also, how does it work? Do you have to cut down 12x12 paper to feed through or what? I have NO idea. I have read up on the Slice that is coming out soon and it looks great, very small, the only thing there is that you have to hold it while it cuts out one letter at a time, that could take 10-15 minutes for a caption and that seems like something I won't want to do. What cartridges come with a Cricut? And how many fonts are on one cartridge? Any help is appreciated.

Janet

Cherry Jubilee

I can sell you my sizzix and I have 3 alphabets too!!! Serious!

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

I have the original cricut and love it-- i have the sure cuts-alot download and love it-- I have had it for 18 months or so now.

motoxmom

Cherry Tart

I have the big sizzix, the sidekick, quickutz, cuttlebug and cricut - i love the cuttlebug and the cricut. I also have 2 of the big accu-cut machines for the wooden dies. The big sizzix is going to college with my daughter and the sidekick we gave to her boyfriend's sister. the quickutz i sold. the two big machines I use when I cut the wooden dies but ALL the other dies I cut with the cuttlebug - i just love this machine!!!! It cuts all the sizzix dies, boss kut, quickutz and I love the embossing folders you can get for it. And I like having the option of cutting different sizes on the cricut. Plus if you have kids in school - the cricut is awesome. My kids do lots of posters and display boards and they use it more than I do for scrappin'!

NJTheresa

Cherry Cola

I have a sizzix and sidekick. LOVE my sizzix. I also bought the little cricut. I LOVE the cricut also. I am hoping to get to MIcheals this week since the cart. are on sale for $39.99.
I kept my sizzix because I can cut foam and fabric for the kids and my gs troops. But I also still use my alphabet sets on it also. The cricut is great also, wish I would have waited a few months for the expression but I am very happy with the original
ImageImageImageImage

LoreenC

Cherry Garcia

I have a Xyron Personal Cutting System ! I really like it !! I had the Quickutz............sold it on E-Bay. It was hard to squeeze And I had problems getting the foam & dies in right and lined up ! I don't think my Xyron was any more $$ when looking to buy Quikutz dies. I have about 6 books for my Xyron. It's Great !!
BUt...............................I am waiting to get a MM Slice !!! I like the fact that is is smaller and battery operated. SO portable ! I want to take it RV'ing with me!

I think the Cricut is on sale here at ACOT!!!!! I have thought about it !! Not the Big(I guess that means , use it with PC) the small one (which I guess , stands on it's own)
ImageImageImageImageImage

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be getting the Cricut Expression shortly!

Didn't someone mention a software program that allows you to download fonts so you wouldn't have to purchase the cartridges??
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

sherry

Cherry Bing

Ok, regarding the Cricut-- the font cartridges just have a few fonts on them each? That's how I'm seeing it when I look at the details of them. For 90.00 that seems might expensive, you'd have to buy lots of cartridges to get a reasonable selection of fonts. Am I right on this?

dianagirly

Cherry Cropper

That is why I am getting the Craft Robo! No buying cartridges! Simply use fonts downloaded onto my computer!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee