Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

diannakris

Sweet Cherry Pie

80s Dance Ideas--UPDATE
My 5 yr old dd is going to an 80s dance tonight (yes, tonight) and we need some good, simple ideas for what she could wear. Any ideas for me?? I DID grow up in the 80s but my mind is blank! Help!UPDATE:  Thanks girls for all your ideas!! She went with a pink neon tshirt that I cut a little bit so it fell off her shoulder (think "flashdance"), black leggings with two colors of layered socks scrunched down (thanks flapdoodle!). Then she wore about 20 different colored hair ties around her wrist that looked like those plastic bracelets we used to wear! She wore purple eyeshadow (we didn't have blue...but close enough) and a side ponytail. Oh yeah, and a couple of layered long beaded necklaces. I think we did a good job considering we went with what was in the house! It's a daddy and me 80s dance for all the girl scouts in our town (and ahhh...a quiet night here for mom! My littlest one is sound asleep now!) Will have to post some pics when they come home (had to send daddy with the camera!)Thanks for your ideas! Dianna

zanettac

Cherry Jubilee

80s Dance Ideas--UPDATE
leg warmers!!

Carol

moodyonceamth

Cherry Addict

80s Dance Ideas--UPDATE
Can you crimp her hair (wet and braid it and then when it dries unbraid it) and put it in a sideways pony tail?   Put some blue eyeshadow on her and curl her bangs!

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

80s Dance Ideas--UPDATE
Short skirt and colored tights with leg warmers, and layered polo shirts/t-shirts.  Bangle bracelets on the arms and some cute flat shoes or tennisshoes and ankle socks.

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

80s Dance Ideas--UPDATE
Don't forget MALL BANGS. Two different colored pairs of socks scrunched along with some leggings and a big tee shirt tied in a knot at the side, if you don't have one of those buckle-thingies.Jelly shoes or tennies.  

MLee

Cherry Cola

80s Dance Ideas--UPDATE
Dare i  mention... the scrunchie in her hair?

rebajane

Sweet Cherry Pie

80s Dance Ideas--UPDATE
 dont forget the Madonna glove, a lace tank and a nice big wide belt. The western belt tied in the front with the silver tip.

Henu_Nea

Cherry Cola

80s Dance Ideas--UPDATE
lots and lots of neon layering!!!! And a sideways ponytail! I'd love to go to an 80's dance!I'm totally having 16 Candles flashbacks!

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

80s Dance Ideas--UPDATE
yep...everything those girls said!!!
Image~Angie~

JeanG

Cherry Cola

80s Dance Ideas--UPDATE
Now if you wanted to know about the 50's and 60's, I could help.....but in the 80's I already had kids and never got to go out dancing!  LOL

lkylaurenkay

Cherry Tart

80s Dance Ideas--UPDATE
neon, high teased sprayed hair, bubble skirts, leggings, big plastic-y dangly earrings/jewelry.

No1Mommy

Cherry Cola

80s Dance Ideas--UPDATE
Those hair thingys with a bow on top like Cyndi Lauper

scrappinchic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

80s Dance Ideas--UPDATE
The easiest thing is to get a piece of black stretch lace and cut it for a headband, fingerless gloves and sash and wear a black mini and tank top.

beachlover

Cherry Addict

80s Dance Ideas--UPDATE
oh, definitely try to get your hands on a leather mini skirt (I may still have one - I jut found that picture too)
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

ArmyWife95

Chocolate Covered Cherry

80s Dance Ideas--UPDATE
It's probably too late, but be sure she has big hair!

diannakris

Sweet Cherry Pie

80s Dance Ideas--UPDATE
Thanks girls for all your ideas!! She went with a pink neon tshirt that I cut a little bit so it fell off her shoulder (think "flashdance"), black leggings with two colors of layered socks scrunched down (thanks flapdoodle!). Then she wore about 20 different colored hair ties around her wrist that looked like those plastic bracelets we used to wear! She wore purple eyeshadow (we didn't have blue...but close enough) and a side ponytail. Oh yeah, and a couple of layered long beaded necklaces. I think we did a good job considering we went with what was in the house! It's a daddy and me 80s dance for all the girl scouts in our town (and ahhh...a quiet night here for mom! My littlest one is sound asleep now!) Will have to post some pics when they come home (had to send daddy with the camera!)Thanks for your ideas!Dianna 

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

80s Dance Ideas--UPDATE
Can't wait to read all about it and see the pics!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee