Save at least 20% on all Fall and Halloween products, no promo code needed! Shop Now

TheFiberLady

Chatty Cherry

this sucks
i want the old board back. it is so slow that i wanted to reply to the light bulb thread and i click on reply and i waited 3 min for it to load so i could type and finally gave up, i did that 3 times. sniff sniff, now i'm not going to be able to talk during the week when i have dial up...and forget about opening any threads with pictures. I want to get ahead with homework but i'd still like to talk to my friends. sniff sniff. i really hate change. the old board ran faster with dial up.

which by the way i use phillips and i get the real light bulb looking bulbs with the coil inside, i think they have better light. they are coming down in price at walmart as well. they are dim for the first min. that they are on but i'll live with that because of all the money i'm saving. i switched all of my lightbulbs out at one time, even my flood lights outside. my bill went from $220 down to $80 the first month and my bill has stayed between $80-$85 since and it's been since last summer/early fall. my bill has never gone below $140 and $140 was only because the kids weren't living with us and we weren't home most of the time that month.

anywho going to whine in my own little corner now.
Wendy.....love my puppies!!!!!
I made the President's list..wahooo!!!!

scrapaholic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: this sucks
I so agree, I don't like this board at all.
Have a coke and a smile!Image

lizziej

Bowl Full of Cherries

I tried to reply to that thread, too, and seemed to take that long, and I'm on the fastest connection possible!! What I did was copy what I wrote, got out of the thread, went back in, pasted my reply, and then click submit. Then it took fairly quickly. I sure hope that's not what I have to do for every reply!!!
Liz - HOOK 'EM HORNS!!
The only good addict is an alpha addict!

Jenn Kellams

Cherry Garcia

I like the new board! I think it look really nice. I like the new features and options as well. I just can't find anything!! lol Mine seems to be going fast too. I haven't tried to send anything yet, so I will see... Image Image
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog

Mommybruno

Cherry Cola

I wasn't too keen on it at first, either, but after using it all weekend, it's growing on me. I haven't been having any trouble.
Cassandra
"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there." --Herb Caen
ImageImageImage

JeanG

Cherry Cola

I don't like this board at all. I can't find what I need and it annoys the hell out of me.
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

Jenn Kellams

Cherry Garcia

All weekend?!?!? This morning I was on the old and this afternoon I am just now seeing it! I am so lost and confused too! lol Image Image Image Image Image
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog

moodyonceamth

Cherry Addict

Remember when Stephen changed the old board around? I was right on the bandwagon, complaining and griping about stuff.

I don't know what it is this time, because I DEFINITELY still have my complaining gene, but I feel a lot more complacent about this new board. Wendy and anyone else who isn't loving the new board, please know I am not judging or trying to hand slap you.

Here's my logic: This isn't MY board. I don't own it or pay for the costs associated with running it. Also, I get a lot more from ACOT (in terms of entertainment, education, and a place to post my work) than I GIVE to ACOT (in terms of spending money in the Shoppe).

If ACOT wants to change the board around, that's their perogative. I can deal, or I can choose not to clicky the linky, so to speak.

I am not 100% in love with the new board, but I'll deal with it and learn it. It has a lot of cool features we didn't have before.
If you dare condemn my life, it will come after you with a sharpened rake. Steven Jesse Bernstein

Mommybruno

Cherry Cola

You got it goin' on, Moody!! Woo!
Cassandra
"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there." --Herb Caen
ImageImageImage

Leeanna

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I ditto Amy, again.
Image Image

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I got DSL a month ago, but I can imagine what this board would be like on dialup - slow as a bunch of other boards I abandoned when they changed to a format like this!

It's even been a bit slow on DSL. A couple of times it has hung and I've had to do cntl-alt-del and kill IE.

beachlover

Cherry Addict

I was trying to navigate the new board over the weekend, but had too much trouble, so I went back to the old. All of a sudden today, I have no choice. Image I'm scared! Maybe it was cause I'm a (semi) newbie, but I really am having trouble. And I have a background in web design, a degree in programming. Maybe its cause there is so much more squeezed in, it will take more time. The Reply is definitely difficult to find for me. We will survive ladies. If we can learn all these new techniques and tools for scrapping, WE CAN DO ANYTHING! Image

I DO like all the new smileys now! I can really express myself! oh, maybe thats not so good? Image
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

CraftnStuff

Sweet Cherry Pie

This reminds me of another message board (that will remain nameless)!! I guess we'll have to get used to it.

"I have a case of the Mondays" LOLImage
Scrapbooking is cheaper than a therapist!~author unknown
C * A * T * H Y

Midge

Cherry Cropper

Amy, you said that well.
Dawn

April layouts: 0/10

March cards: 4/4
March layouts: 10/10

On a no-buy - 19/100 layouts completed before I can buy. Don't show me the goodies!

TheFiberLady

Chatty Cherry

i like the smileys. see i can say something positive

before i got laid off from work moreso than now i used to spend a pretty penny here all the time. It's cheaper for me to pay the shipping than it is to drive to the store. so i did contribute, but i realize it is their board, i'm just whining because now i can't play as much or like earlier, not at all. i'm sad because we don't have the split screen and i'm not really into hitting the back button all of the time. I guess i'll just have to see if it gets any better. I figured we'd have another week or so of the old board still, i didn't realize it was going to be this week
Wendy.....love my puppies!!!!!
I made the President's list..wahooo!!!!

scrapmomma02

Sweet Cherry Pie

Once i figured out how to work it I haven't really had any problems. I kind of like it better. There are a few diffences but I can get use to it. I never post alot anyways.
TIA

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Not 100% in love with it either - but like Moody said - it's their board.... but where are my saved topics?? I'm in desperate need of a chicken recipe that I had saved....
Rebecca

Renee

Chocolate Covered Cherry

It's growing on me...I like it better now, than I did before. It's just new...

evilqueen

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I've been on the new board all weekend and I am starting to get used to it.
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

I agree that it is startling at first but once you figure out your way around it really is pretty cool! I got used to it pretty quickly and I am giving it Image .

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee