Help with my scrapbook room

Moderator: ACOT Employee

dumplin
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 34

Post by dumplin »

We just built a house and upstairs is 1 big open room one side it going to be my scrapbook room and the other is going to be my daughters play room. I want to paint the walls something bright and colorful but I need some ideas. Can anyone show me there rooms or rooms that you love? Thanks
Kabrina
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

My walls are white with light green trim.    I like the light bright of it.   But I still need an Ott light.    This may be because my house is built into the hillside.
tinkermama
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 55

Post by tinkermama »

I don't have a room yet, but I always thought I would find some really pretty light pink and brown patterned paper with an easy simple pattern and copy it on the walls. That would especially work well for a little girl's playroom too. I have a little boy so it wouldn't work for me if I were doing what you were.
Leticia (aka Tink)
http://bookofme-leticia.blogspot.com - My blog
4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 816

Post by 4peasinourpod »

I'd love to help, but mine is earthtones.
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Post by baltoscrapper »

LOVE this retro turquise!!!!(my scrap room)
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
dianagirly
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 812

Post by dianagirly »

Baltoscrapper, I have paint envy!
MaBuglet
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 382

Post by MaBuglet »

Oh man....luuuuuuuuuuucky!  I'd be all about the red and black, but that's just me.  Can't wait to see what you come up with!
katarria
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 457

Post by katarria »

Mine is a light purple/gray.  Looking back I wish I had gone with a teal color, but oh well. I like the idea of butter yellow - that way it's not TOO girly but you can dress it up with some pink & it will look cute!
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

Smiley-Scrap8
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 889

Post by Smiley-Scrap8 »

I don't have a picture right now but mine is burgandy, lime green and lavender. Vertical strips of different widths. Very different but way fun.
Ronny
TeresaB
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 5

Post by TeresaB »

My previous scrap room was done in earth tone colors.  My current scraping space is a light tan and you would not believe the difference.  When I am scrapping the colors are soooooo much clearer. 
mamma2allboyz
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 303

Post by mamma2allboyz »

no scrapbooking room for me I have a desk and two rubbermaid containers with my supplies in them lol.  But if it were me, I would say something with pinks, lime greens, something cherry and bright.  Maybe some flowers as border.Hope it turns out just the way you hope it will.Hugs 
Jennifer Mom of Four Boys
samismomma
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 13

Post by samismomma »

Mine is in the process of being painted as I just moved a little while ago and it's going to be Embellished blue, lovely lavender and white by Behr.  The blue is more like turquoise.  The room is also where my dd will be as well and it's a good girlie colours...lol.
RobbinWood
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 257

Post by RobbinWood »

My colors would not work for you either...but I do have a suggestion that really worked for me.Find a paper line that you just love...and use that for your inspiration and even frame some of the pattern paper and do paper crafts with the same paper line to ebellish your walls and desk top. I love how I was able to pull my room together this way.  Only trouble is...I had to find more papers as I went along because I kept finding more things I wanted to cover and the paper line is just about completely sold out everywhere.I can think of several that would be bright and cheerful...for a mother-daughter space. But it is such a matter of personal taste.
Robbin
Formerly known as Wiseone or Bigbottom100
dumplin
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 34

Post by dumplin »

Thanks everyone!I love purple so there will be some purple up there somewhere and my daughter loves pink so I will probably have some pink too. Everytime I come up here I want to do something but I just don't have the right idea yet. Thanks for what yall have told me so far keep the ideas coming!
amtmhj
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 104

Post by amtmhj »

Mine is sherbert orange! I love it...Jr
nancyjones
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 6

Post by nancyjones »

OK NOT good photos I need to update them but anyway: you can see my colors welll I couldnt get hte photo to show up.... maybe this will work... we have done more to it since this photo... I have a wall of scrap n cubes under the stamp shelves. more of the cabinets for under the work island came in and YOU CAN actually SEE the top of it.  so thsi was while we were still in process of doing it.. which well. I dont think I will ever be finished. I want to redo the lighting in there and finish putting my stamped words and flowers on the stripes. I have one side done.. then got sick so .. anyway.. here is a partial view
nancyjones
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 6

Post by nancyjones »

I took a sheet of SEI winnies walls into LOWES and had them match the paint told him if he bent my paper I'd whoop him!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”