there ARE a lot of nice people here :-)

Moderator: ACOT Employee

moodyonceamth
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 653

Post by moodyonceamth »

SO.I was a little miffed last night, but now that I've cooled down, I thought I'd explain.   My post to the other thread (http://www.acherryontop.com/message.php ... 27888&id=1) was yanked for two reasons:1. I used the Lord's name in vain.   Specifically, I used the name of the son of the Christian God as an exclamation.   Fortunately, it's still okay to use the names of the lords of other religions in vain, so that's clarified.2. I addressed someone directly instead of being backhanded about it.  This one's tough for me....if you've known me for five minutes, you know that I am the kind of person who would rather deal directly than underhandedly.   I suppose I'll have to abide by the wishes of others in this case and let the chips fall where they may, however.All this being said, let me just say:Vishnu!  I sure was frustrated.  Thank Buddah it's all better now, though.  
If you dare condemn my life, it will come after you with a sharpened rake. Steven Jesse Bernstein
Layla
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 156

Post by Layla »

Its all good in the hood Moodster!  We love you!
Deirdra
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 228

Post by Deirdra »

OMB!  I heart you so much!  In the words of Green Day, "Can I get another Amen?  AMEN!"
wrpn3
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 145

Post by wrpn3 »

We all still love ya!!!!!
SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Post by SBcrazee »

Holy Shiva! Glad it's all settled then!!!
ImageImage
MaBuglet
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 382

Post by MaBuglet »

Peace be with you, my friend.
moodyonceamth
Cherry Addict

Post by moodyonceamth »

And also with you, Jamie.
If you dare condemn my life, it will come after you with a sharpened rake. Steven Jesse Bernstein
Deirdra
Cherry Crush

Post by Deirdra »

OK, Crazee, that's the second time you've cracked me up in like 5 minutes.  Don't tell me we have a new MGIT.
moodyonceamth
Cherry Addict

Post by moodyonceamth »

OMGoodness SBCrazee, you're a funny gal!! lol
SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Post by SBcrazee »

Would ya believe me if I told you I'm actually Indian too?(pahahahaa.........in the words of you know who!)
ImageImage
moodyonceamth
Cherry Addict

Post by moodyonceamth »

STFlipU!!No kidding?  Dots or Feathers?
Stephen
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 96

Post by Stephen »

We had a big debate over here concerning what we should categorize and not categorize as "profanity" and "obscene" speech.  It is apparent to us that definitions differ among groups of people.  That said ...Your post was pulled because I assumed that most would include taking the name "Jesus" and using it as an "exclamation" would be considered "profanity."  That was the only reason the post was pulled.We won't always police this issue (unless we find a "gross" or direct violation of our TOU) and tend to lean on the side of allowing the users to use the "Warn" feature when something is in the grey area.  Offend as many religions in private forums or private messages as you want as long as they are private.  But please try to be considerate in your public postings, no matter the religion or issue or person.Respectfully,Stephen
Deirdra
Cherry Crush

Post by Deirdra »

In southern cal you could only be one kind of indian.....american indian.  Whatever, I might have to take you under my wing so you, too, could be so evil that no one will know when or how you will strike (in the words of another you know who).
slicette
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 415

Post by slicette »

OY!
What Would Scooby Do?

Maggi
moodyonceamth
Cherry Addict

Post by moodyonceamth »

Thanks for the further clarification, Stephen! 
moodyonceamth
Cherry Addict

Post by moodyonceamth »

Oh....one more question, Stephen:  is it still okay to say OMG?  (and the G stands for God, instead of Goodness?)  I don't want to inadvertently cause any problems....
MaBuglet
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 382

Post by MaBuglet »

Moody...you're gonna make the demi-gods cry
Stephen
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 96

Post by Stephen »

Hehe ... OMG could be Oh My Goodness, Oh my God ... whatever you want it to be.  Grey area.  I doubt that's very offensive to anyone ... as I can choose to read it however I want to.  I would also point out that its neither blatant nor gross.  If you get warned for it, so be it ... if not ... we won't touch it either.Stephen
Deirdra
Cherry Crush

Post by Deirdra »

That's it, I'm warning you all!
Scrap Goddess
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 5

Post by Scrap Goddess »

Shhh, I wanna know about the dots or feathers...

Return to “General Talk”