Save at least 20% on all Fall and Halloween products, no promo code needed! Shop Now

amtmhj

Cherry Cola

Being poor
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... -news-hedI wanted to share this because I know it gave me a lot to think about.Jr

tscrappin

Cherry Blossom

Being poor
It definately makes you think!!
Theresa
Love To Scrap!!

Kara

Cherry Jubilee

Being poor
Wow Amy--sure does make you think. I wish that I cold help everyone. Makes you wonder why we are spending so much money abroad...
Image \ ImageImage

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Being poor
Don't eeeee-ven get me started on that subject.WHY do the celebs, our government and and other peeps give so much to other countrieswhen we have people needing help in our own country?I don't understand this.

moodyonceamth

Cherry Addict

Being poor
That was very sobering. 

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Being poor
Does make you stop and think...and we do know that thereare alot of people actually out there saying those things...very sad...I actually work with kids from alot of those families.. 

FairyMouseMom

Cherry Addict

Being poor
Sad, isn't it?

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

Being poor
reality check...and I can relate to alot these things from growing up this way, especiay the free lunch thing....sad to say my kids {and DH & I have good jobs} qulify for reduced lunch...so yes I can relate..TFS~
Image~Angie~

dianagirly

Cherry Cropper

Being poor
My dh cried reading this because he knows I understand most of those things first hand from my childhood.

moodyonceamth

Cherry Addict

Being poor
Me too, Diana. 

bumblebby

Cherry Garcia

Being poor
I too can relate first hand to many of the points in that article. I wish I could forget some of it.I felt my eyes well up with tears when I read the one point about the soles of the shoes being held on with glue. None of the glue at school worked well for that and believe me I tried. It was especially hard with Canadian winters when the snow would seep in the bottom of my shoe.Well, I am a Debbie Downer, aren't I? On a good note, my life is great now! I have a great family, good health, good education, and a great career! No complaints!!I never forget living like that and I do my part to give back.

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Being poor
Sadly, the people that need to read this the most, never will.

dianagirly

Cherry Cropper

Being poor
Moody, you would like the book I am writing. It is called " This is NOT a Cinderella story "

KayEm

Cherry Blossom

Being poor
So many kids in my elementary school had free or reduced lunch that I felt left out.  I didn't understand it.  We didn't have much with 4 kids and my parents recovering from previous financial difficulty.I get SO angry when DH says we're poor.  Not even close.

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

Being poor
So sad that in this country, people have to be poor............there is a ton of money to go around, but its distribution is so unfairly spread.
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Being poor
Been there, lived it.

Some of my family is still there.   Some got out.   

Some want handouts.      (the ones who are still there) 

Some worked to get out - and it took a long time.   Some just feel that "Someone" needs to help us.   

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee