Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

bumblebby

Cherry Garcia

What makes Target better then Walmart?
Keep in mind this is coming from a Canadian who has never been in a Target.It seems like a lot of people thinkWalmart = BadTarget = GoodIs Target a discount store like Walmart? Do they have more to offer? Do their employees get better wages/benefits?

Leeanna

Chocolate Covered Cherry

For me it's that Targets are always much cleaner that Wal-Marts.  That goes a long way with me. And Wal-Mart brings back bad memories....a few of you know what I mean. 

koala1966

Cherry Delight

From a consumer's standpoint, Target is cleaner, has wider aisles, and offers better clothing lines.  BUT they are more expensive and their hours suck, 8 am - 9 pm, I think ours is, which totally doesn't fit my late night shopping schedule.  Target does have better Special Edition DVDs, too.

nene

Cherry Delight

OMG! Here we go:LOL

Flasher

Cherry Crush

In my area, the Target stores are much, much cleaner.  The employees are much nicer and they don't hang on to merchandise very long.  You can be in the store and find a "new" item, and three weeks later it will be half off.  They are much better at rotating their inventory.  Around here, Walmart is cheaper, but the low prices come at a price -- filthy stores, rude employees, always, always, always crowded.  I'd rather pay a higher price for a less stressed shopping experience any time.

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

To me, Wal*Mart is just icky. Period.

bumblebby

Cherry Garcia

LMAO! nene.So Target is more expensive. That is what I thought. Next time I am in the US I am going to make a point to go to one.Everything around here has sucky hours, including Walmart! The Walmarts around here are all clean and organized and the employees are friendly. I notice there are a lot of seniors or people nearing that phase of life working there.One time I was in a particular Walmart I had never been to and it was freakin nasty! I no sooner walked in, then turned around and walked out. I figured it was bad management.

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

The WalMart here in Thompson is dirty, and things are all over the place.  Customer service is b*&%hy...there are 6 tills on either end and usually 2, maybe 3 people working on them.  They close the self check at "coffee breaks".  It's a dump, but it's the only place here...

CatwoMN

Cherry Picker

I'm a Target-girl. I live in Minneapolis, home of Target headquarters, and we don't have very many Wal-Marts when you compare it to WM. The WMs that we have around here seem run down and way out in the far 'burbs (except for the relatively new SuperWM in Maple Grove). I actually hadn't been to a WM until I was on a trip in high school because Target was closest to my hometown and that was 20 minutes away. In general, I find Target cleaner and more organized with friendlier employees. And since I have 6 within 15 minutes of my house it's also easier to get to. I don't have a problem with their hours - here they're open until 10pm - but I have been known to hit WM when I've needed something in the middle of the night. I do like WM's $5 DVD bin though - it's fun to dig through it in search of a good movie that I haven't seen in awhile.

Emsdancemom

A Cherry on Top

Here we have a lot more WalMarts than Targets. The few Targets we do have don't have the selection that WalMart does. There prices are much higher. Our WalMarts are always clean and most of the employees are friendly. If I could only have one I would choose WalMart.

Wendy-Gale

Bowl Full of Cherries

I like walmarts prices better...our targets dont sell grocerys like walmart does just a few things..Leeanna what are you saying?

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

The Wal-Mart Super Centers here are very nice.  The old Wal-Mart was like others have been saying, dirty and dingy.  But then so was the old K-Mart.  No more K-Marts around me.The Target is nice, but it is pricey and it is also almost deserted.  Not that many employees either.From what I understand, Wal-Mart got some heat when they tried to expand into California.  California has some state laws that are very nice to the workers.  Wal-Mart has taken some flak for keeping employees with just a little bit too few of hours to qualify for certain benefits.  But heck, a very major American bank chain did the same thing and even worse - outright lied and denied benefits to my nephew when he was working there as a teller in California.There was also some bad press that Wal-Mart might of had some illegals working there.  The one case that I remember hearing the specifics about Wal-Mart had contracted out some of their store cleaning to a cleaning company and that cleaning company had hired illegals to clean the stores.

Leeanna

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Gee, I don't know Wendy-Gale....let's just say I still have the occasional dream about one of the fifty different "strange" things that occurred at Mrs. White's Wal-Mart one particular evening. 

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

Super Targets are amazing! I love being able to get everything under one roof. While super Walmarts have the same stuff albeit cheaper...you get what you pay for. The meat and the produce at any walmart I have gotten is definetly not up to the standards that I want when I buy those products.Target always opens up lines if people are waiting. At least in ALL of the Targets I have been too. Just my 0.2cents
SUS ImageImageImage

Wendy-Gale

Bowl Full of Cherries

Leeanna

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Stop it woman!    I'm not re-entering this thread! 

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

Leanna....why did you need PrepH????
SUS ImageImageImage

Leeanna

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Oh my goodness gracious, now look what you have done Wendy!!!  Sus, I did not need PreparationH....but Wendy thought it would be funny to pretend as though some of us did need it.  Long story short, there were five or six of us who really did pee in our pants a bit that night thanks to her...then there was one of us (me), who was a bit traumatized....

ArmyWife95

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Without looking at how the others responded, I would say that Target is way cleaner and the employees actually care to help you!

Wendy-Gale

Bowl Full of Cherries

how would these look on me?

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee