Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

What makes Target better then Walmart?
Heck, even Target's shopping bags are better. 

Flasher

Cherry Crush

LOL, Flapdoodle!  That is true!

Flasher

Cherry Crush

I will say this one positive thing about my Walmart.  Despite the fact that Walmart is apparently keeping the entire country of China in business, my Walmart does sell more household plastics that are "Made in the USA" than my Target.  (Think storage containers, kids plastics plates, travel cups, ice cube trays, etc.)Even though I detest the Walmart shopping experience, I will go there if I know I can purchase items that are "Made in USA".

Janet

Cherry Jubilee

I like the Wal-Mart, I have to admit.  I live 3 miles away from SuperWalmart...so that's where I do my grocery shopping.  I save so much money there.  However, I also like Target....I buy different things there and they are never as crowded as Wal-Mart. 

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

We have Starbucks and Pizza Hut in our Targets which I love.Around our area, the prices are very close to Walmart.  For the items I buy regularly, they are usually almost the same.Here in our area, the Walmarts are usually not as clean, way busier, and you have to wait in line much longer.  Targets have better, nicer clothes selections, holiday merchandise and seasonal stuff.  It also seems like you can find great deals in their markdowns.I love Target but if I am near a Walmart, I go there, too.

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I prefer target. Our walmarts are dirty and unpleasant. I am at target weekly and never have a problem there.

CamsMomma

Sweet Cherry Pie

we have a super target but its more than 20 min from me and with a super wal mart about 5 i just dont feel the need to drive longer for groceries, but  i dont buy my meat or fresh produce from walmart, so to me canned/dried/frozen stuff is the same quality almost everywhere.  our super target has a picture studio that i would use ANY day over walmart, and over even other nice department studios.  our pictures are always gorgeous, the photographer is quick and good, and the packages are great for the prices and always have coupons in the mail or paper.   we took pictures at a walmart once, because my mom wanted to.  my dad was soooooo angry he paid so much for such horrible pictures.  iiiii could have done a better job.target does charge a little more but their quality is so much better.  but it seems to me most things are only a few cents more or the same price and they always have sales.  i know i get ds t-shirts for $3 all the time, and pants for $6 and they last til he cant fit in them.  the store is cleaner and brighter, the aisles are bigger and better organized, and the employees are most definatly more knowledgeable and helpful.  during halloween at walmart i asked someone where the treat bags were, she didnt seem to know what i was talking about so i told her they were "cellophane bags for cookies or candy" and she took me to the cookie aisle and said all our cookies are here.  ???i dont hate walmart, i go there often but i  target---plus both of ours have starbucks another thing i .

Janet

Cherry Jubilee

Hmmm....I haven't been to our Target for some time...wonder if we now have Starbucks there!!! 

berries

Cherry Tart

another Target fan here! The Wal-Mart's I have been too, in multiple states, have been dirty, the employees unfriendly, etc. For a while I lived in a town that only had Wal-Mart so it's where I had to shop. I could never find anything in that store. They rotate the stock a LOT by moving it from one aisle to another constantly. My cousin worked there and she told me they did that so that people would have to walk around to look for stuff, hoping they would find something else they wanted and therefore spend more. Well, opposite effect on me. It just ticked me off that I could never find what I was looking for so when a Target opened up I was outta there. And now I go into a WalMart maybe twice a year.I think Target's stores are cleaner, better stocked, and the toilet paper is always in the same place everytime I go. There are always neat new things there and I get sucked into the dollar spot everytime I go. I don't have a super Target so I don't buy my groceries there, I just go to Kroger for that.

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Target has cuter clothes and bags.
Leslie

Gypsymonkey

Bowl Full of Cherries

The closest Target to me is 35 miles.  The closest WalMart to me is 100 miles.  I've been to both stores in different states and always been more over-all impressed with Target.  Other than that, just wanted to bring out the 
"May you always have memories to scrap!" ~ Diana

katarria

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I actually like to shop in Target.  They have cheap merchandise that mimics the latest hot trends.  Love their home decor section, books, and the clothes are actually cute!I dread shopping at WalMart.  It tends to be a lot louder, messier, and takes forever to get from one area of the store to another.  Usually there are pretty long lines at the checkout and it's pretty crowded.  I don't think I've even gone to WalMart within the last year even though there is one about 15 minutes from here.
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee