I did, but not anymore because...
4%

Total votes: 110

corvettecarey
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 103

Housecleaning?

Post by corvettecarey »

Do you use a house cleaning service or have a house keeper?
Flapdoodle
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 3

Housecleaning?

Post by Flapdoodle »

I have a teensy widdle house (1,100 SF) so if I can't keep it clean, I should be ashamed.And it's just me, DH and the 2 pussies and Petey The Wonder Dog.Plus, even if I did have a bigger home, I wouldn't feel good about strangers being in my house.I don't know what I'd do, really!
4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 816

Housecleaning?

Post by 4peasinourpod »

that's cats, right?
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 450

Housecleaning?

Post by DN in MN »

lol, 4peas!  I would clean before the cleaners came as I wouldn't want them to see my mess! 
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Housecleaning?

Post by Queen Mum »

We had someone come in for one major clean up and twice after- but it was getting too pricey .

The other problem was that she'd say she was coming early in the day and then didn't come until late in teh day.   I wanted her GONE before I got home from work.    once she was there until after 7pm - and I get home at 445p. 

Didn't work out
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Housecleaning?

Post by Laura Fiore »

I seriously need one...or at least someone to come in and encourage me to get rid of stuff and organize better!
davsar
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 631

Housecleaning?

Post by davsar »

I am so picky about my house being clean that I don't think I would ever hire a house cleaner.
Indy Scrapper
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 47

Housecleaning?

Post by Indy Scrapper »

I have someone that comes in a couple of times a year to help me.  I can't move furniture by myself because of my back problems.  This works great for me.  I can monitor the work that is being done as well as do the little things I like done that a cleaning service generally won't do.  Tear the stove apart and clean it or the refrigerator, things like that.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.
Renee
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 353

Housecleaning?

Post by Renee »

I am the housecleaner...I clean my mother in laws house and my own. I would LOVE to have someone come do my house though.
Scrap Goddess
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 5

Housecleaning?

Post by Scrap Goddess »

Mine seem to run off...   far, far off.   I hate cleaning the house. We call dust natural patina.
-Mo-
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 18

Housecleaning?

Post by -Mo- »

I have someone to come in about every 3 weeks!!  LOVE her!!  I hate to clean! 
Michelle (formerly bigsissy73)
There's a special place in the world for all us alpha addicts!
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Housecleaning?

Post by baltoscrapper »

add me to the "I wish" list. I actually had found someone that was WAY reasonable, but dh vetoed that.  He had his apartment robbed when he was first on his own and now he is way freaky about strangers in the home.
SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Housecleaning?

Post by SBcrazee »

I did, but don't anymore because I can't afford it now I enjoyed it while it lasted. On the positive side dh is helping with a lot of the cleaning now
ImageImage
Midge
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 213

Housecleaning?

Post by Midge »

I wish!
katarria
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 457

Housecleaning?

Post by katarria »

My real answer would be "I WISH!!!!!!!"
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Housecleaning?

Post by butterfly843 »

I have someone who comes in once a week. He does a great job and we have referred him to a bunch of people so we get a break on price. Also I have some allergies to certain cleaners so it works out better to have him come in.
-Shannon-
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 148

Housecleaning?

Post by -Shannon- »

Nope, I am the house keeper. I don't mind it that way. We don't live in a very large place. Plus, I'm very particular about how I want things cleaned and where I want things put away.
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

scrappinchic
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 149

Housecleaning?

Post by scrappinchic »

I have someone every other week do all the main rooms and bathrooms.  I was miserable with my back problems trying to do the floors and carry the stuff up and down 2 sets of stairs.Laura
SharonMN
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 5

Housecleaning?

Post by SharonMN »

We did for a while when we owned our old house.  I was getting worn out toward the end of my 2nd pregnancy (DD#1 was a 2 year old!)  Then we put our house on the market, and it was easier to keep it ready to be shown with the cleaners coming.  I've never had anyone come and clean our new house.  (other than the professional carpet cleaners once a year)
Sharon, AKA organist37
"Embrace your inner freak" -Zach, Heroes, Season 1
Northern Brat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 253

Housecleaning?

Post by Northern Brat »

I put "I wish".. I was going to get a service to come, but then I would clean before they got here...That's why I decided to have fridays off instead.  It's my cleaning day, and have the whole weekend with the family.
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

Return to “General Talk”