Save at least 20% on all Fall and Halloween products, no promo code needed! Shop Now

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

handheld GPS systems
so, I *think* I might try and get one for dh for Christmas.  (Once he gets off the naughty list )Any idea on good ones?  Bad ones?I want one for geo-caching.  The one we have is old.

pjw

A Cherry on Top

handheld GPS systems
Dh just got a Garmin this weekend, but he hasn't tried it out yet.  We had a rental car in TX and he loved that it said the street names, too. 

nene

Cherry Delight

handheld GPS systems
I say let him get lost and stay lost.

megamay

Cherry Cola

handheld GPS systems
well we have a garmin nuvi 350 and we love it for driving directions, but I dont think it would work for geocaching. It isnt that accurate especially in the city. It is great for navigating though - has got us out of a tight spot tons of times!

sweetpeas_mom

Chocolate Covered Cherry

handheld GPS systems
Dh had talked about Garmin ones being pretty good, but that's all I know about them.
~Marcy~

New Consultant with AC Bailey Designs!

http://www.mypersonalpage.shoppingcarts ... arcyM.html

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

handheld GPS systems
We get Consumer Reports here at work and I just got GPS for dh for Christmas, on the advise of CR....They rated the Tom Tom One, 3rd edition a "CR best buy", good enough for me, esp since Staples had them on sale on Black friday for $124.99 (1/2 price) plus they gave you a $20 gift card! SCHWEEEEET!

AmyTeets

Digital Designers

handheld GPS systems
DH got me one for my car, it recharges through the cigarette lighter so I guess it could be hand held :D  It was a little over 200 with tax and is super easy to use. I think it's a Garman or Gorman something like that anyways. 
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

handheld GPS systems
lol, Renee...maybe I can just program our coordinates wrong I saw the TomTom one at Target, too.  I might try Cabela's tomorrow.

misty5

Cherry Cola

handheld GPS systems
I had a Garmin two times in my California rent a car and love it!!!!

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

handheld GPS systems
I like the TomTom one--you can program it to guide you in an Australian accent...or Japanese. But I don't understand Japanese, and I DO LOVE an Australian accent!

Cambra

Cherry Tart

handheld GPS systems
My mother has a Garmin and it's great.We have a TomTom One (TVS on QVC) and love it.  Our TomTom is smaller than the Garmin which I like but the Garmin has an attachment for the dash board that I think is very handy.I would stay away from Magellen.
Joyce

ArmyWife95

Chocolate Covered Cherry

handheld GPS systems
Why stay away from Magellen?

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

handheld GPS systems
We have the GARMIN and LOVE IT!!!!! Even can change the voices. Right now I have an Australian accent talking to me. LOL
SUS ImageImageImage

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

handheld GPS systems
Is that your friend in the box?

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

handheld GPS systems
LMAO!!!!  Yeppers!!!
SUS ImageImageImage

mykidsmom

Cherry Jubilee

handheld GPS systems
Dh got a Garmin Quest to take along on snowmobile trips.  It is pretty compact and waterproof (or watertight, I don't remember which!) and completely portable.  I have used it to get to different hockey rinks and we've used it alot when traveling.  It is so worth it!  I would definitely recommend this model :)

scrapn4me

Cherry Tart

handheld GPS systems
Garmin is the best!

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

handheld GPS systems
Dh has a garmin in his car and I have a tom tom. We love both never had any problems with them. Just make sure you have one that has text to speech. Because that way instead of saying right turn ahead, it will say right turn on smith street ahead. Makes it much easier when street names are given.

nene

Cherry Delight

handheld GPS systems
Sus likes to pretend its Keith talking to her.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee