About Mom's you may need a tissue

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1504

Post by Charleneanne »

this came in my e-mail today.  I lost my mother last year and my beloved MIL last month.  I cried quite a bit when I read this.  Thought I might share with you all. I believe I'll have to use the underlined part at the end in a layout if I can see through my tears.For those who are lucky to still be blessed with your Mom, this isbeautiful. For those who aren't, this is even more beautiful.          The young mother set her foot on the path of life.  "Is this thelong way?" she asked.        And the guide said "Yes, and the way is hard, and you will be oldbefore you reach the end of it.  But the end will be better than thebeginning."        But the young mother was happy, and she would not believe thatanything could be better than these years.  So she played with herchildren, she fed them and bathed them, taught them how to tie their shoesand ride a bike, and reminded them to feed the dog and do their homeworkand brush their teeth.  The sun shone on them and the young Mother cried,"Nothing will ever be lovelier than this."        Then the nights came, and the storms and the path was sometimesdark, and the children shook with fear and cold, and the mother drew themclose and covered them with her arms and the children said, "Mother, weare not afraid, for you are near, and no harm can come."        And the morning came, and there was a hill ahead, and the childrenclimbed and grew weary, and the mother was weary.  But at all times shesaid to the children, a little patience and we are there."  So the children climbed and as they climbed they learned to weather thestorms.  And with this, she gave them strength to face the world.  Yearafter year she showed them compassion, understanding, hope, but most ofall......unconditional love.        And when they reached the top they said, "Mother, we would not havedone it without you."        The days went on, and the weeks and the months and the years, andthe mother grew old and she became little and bent.  But her children weretall and strong, and walked with courage.  And the mother, when she laydown at night, looked up at the stars and said, "This is a better day thanthe last, for my children have learned so much and are now passing thesetraits on to their children."        And when the way became rough for her, they lifted her, and gave hertheir strength, just as she had given them hers.  One day they came to ahill, and beyond the hill they could see a shining road and golden gatesflung wide.        And Mother said: "I have reached the end of my journey.  And now Iknow the end is better than the beginning, for my children can walk withdignity and pride, with their heads held high, and so can their childrenafter them."        And the children said, "You will always walk with us, Mother, evenwhen you have gone through the gates."        And they stood and watched her as she went on alone, and the gatesclosed after her.        And they said:  "We cannot see her, but she is with us still.  AMother is more than a memory.  She is a living presence.  Your Mother is  always with you.  She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the  street, she's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick  and perfume that she wore, she's the cool hand on your brow when you're  not feeling well, she's your breath in the air on a cold winters day.  She  is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep, the colors of a rainbow,  she is your birthday morning.  Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And  she's crystallized in every tear drop.  A mother shows every  emotion........ happiness, sadness, fear, jealousy, love, hate, anger,  helplessness, excitement, joy, sorrow..... and all the while hoping and  praying you will only know the good feelings in life.  She's the place you  came from, your first home, and she's the map you follow with every step  you take.  She's your first love, your first friend, and nothing on earth  can separate you. Not time, not space....... not even death!
CarolLynn
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 43

Post by CarolLynn »

This is beautiful.  Thanks for sharing.
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams... live the life you have imagined. -Thoreau
wrpn3
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 145

Post by wrpn3 »

Pass a tissue please......Very nice.
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2368

Post by Art_Teacher »

OMG!  Charlene, I wish I'd listened to you and gotten a tissue!  That is beautiful and so perfect!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
pnutsmum
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 227

Post by pnutsmum »

This is beautiful!
Deirdra
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 228

Post by Deirdra »

No way, missy, you're not sucking me into this one.  Just the words "mom" and "tissue" and I know better than to even read it!
Wendy-Gale
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 183

Post by Wendy-Gale »

That is awesome
Marie D
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 193

Post by Marie D »

Tears trickeling down my cheeks now. Lost my mom 5 yrs ago..... Have made an LO as an homage to her - will upoad it later this week - with another wonderful opem. WIll make a new topic.
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.
John Ruskin

Proud DT member at

Image Image Image Image Image
No1Mommy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 21

Post by No1Mommy »

Breath-taking!  Thanks for sharing!
Christina
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 12

Post by Christina »

TFS very nice.I am at a  loss for words.
Tina
Helectic
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 5

Post by Helectic »

I'm going to have to send this to my mother! It made me all teary eyed.
Suzanne_FL
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 82

Post by Suzanne_FL »

tfs
Scrap Goddess
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 5

Post by Scrap Goddess »

Sadly I didn't have one of those kinds of moms. I'm still bitter...Now, change that to my dad and I'd be crying an ocean.
Dineydoodle
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 13

Post by Dineydoodle »

Thank you for putting this on the MB. I am balling like a baby...and I love my Mommy!
Diney
luvbubbles2
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 172

Post by luvbubbles2 »

....wow....that was so sweet of you to share....now wehre uis that adarn box if kleeenex? ( boo hoo !)
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice"
~Frank Sinatra
Charwinson
Cherry Tart

Post by Charwinson »

very nice... i lost my mom last year too...and my name is the same as yours too. what a small world: I could almost envision a small story book created out of this poem...imagine breaking it down and inserting photos with happy times and move onto the journeys and the hills and the gates:What a wonderful thought..... charlene
Dineydoodle
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 13

Post by Dineydoodle »

I cry like a baby every time I read this.
Diney
nun69
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1549

Post by nun69 »

I sent this in an email to my mom becuase it reminds me of my Grandmother who just passed away back in July...TFS....
Image~Angie~
Janell
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 588

Post by Janell »

TFS even if it did make me cry!
sweetjanette
Cherry Berry

Post by sweetjanette »

How moving and touching.  Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Quotes and Journaling”