We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

moodyonceamth

Cherry Addict

97 Peanut Butter Balls--check!
Ok...well actually, they are made and in the fridge.  I still have to dip them in the chocolate after they set up.  I think while they are chilling, I will make 2 batches of fudge.  After I dip my balls () I'll only have the chocolate covered pretzels and another batch of cashew brittle to make....I think.Here's the recipe for the peanut butter balls if you would like:Peanut Butter BallsIngredients:1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter          1/2 cup butter, softened1 tsp vanilla             4 cups powdered sugar    2 1/2 cups chocolate chips       2 tbsp shorteningIn medium bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and confectioners sugar.  Shape into balls and place on wax paper in the fridge for about 45 minutes.   When chilled, melt chocolate chips and shortening in double boiler or microwave.  Dip balls into chocolate and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled.YUMMY!

mykidsmom

Cherry Jubilee

They sound yummy...of course anything with peanut butter and chocolate would!You're just humming along there.  Nice to get it all done in one night, huh?

Scrap Goddess

Cherry Addict

WOW, you are on a roll...Are you taking requests?

AppleJaxx

Wild Cherry

I made pb balls... aka buckeyes the other day... too many to count because dh's buddies buy them from me... wanna know what is easier than the chips and shortening??  I buy almond bark (melting/dipping chocolate)... no tempering (which is what the shortening is for).  I break it up and pop it a microwavable dish and melt it.  I also, have found that if you freeze the buckeyes, prior to dipping the chocolate will set up almost instantly!Also... try dipping some in white chocolate!!  Yummy!!
Amanda
I wouldn\'t be broke if the voices in my head paid rent!

Emsdancemom

A Cherry on Top

I wish I could cook!

sweetpeas_mom

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Geez! I think I'm just coming over there with a box and filling it up! But with all these EASY recipes on the board lately, I guess I could manage to do some myself....if only I could get 2 more days added to the calendar before Christmas!!! Amanda- That white chocolate sounds WONDERFUL!!!!! I'm not a big chocolate fan, but I could eat White Chocolate forever!
~Marcy~

New Consultant with AC Bailey Designs!

http://www.mypersonalpage.shoppingcarts ... arcyM.html

AppleJaxx

Wild Cherry

Marcy... another thing to do, if you like white chocolate... get some of the same stuff.. the almond bark, melt it in the micro and then crush candy canes or starlite mints up and mix into the white chocolate.  Then pour the mixture onto a foil lined pan and let set until hard... when hard break it up into bite size pieces.. I love it!!
Amanda

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I love those, have them on my list to make tuesday.

sweetpeas_mom

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I think I better start making a grocery list...
~Marcy~

New Consultant with AC Bailey Designs!

http://www.mypersonalpage.shoppingcarts ... arcyM.html

moodyonceamth

Cherry Addict

Amanda, great suggestions!  Thank you!I did get some of the candy melts in the candy molding aisle at AC Moore...I was going to use them for the choco dipped pretzels...I have white, green, and red and I'm dipping in white and then drizzling them with the other colors.Amy

Texscrapper

Cherry Delight

You people are making me HUNGRY!!!!!   I might have to make some of those peanut balls!! 
Sharon
I'm sweeter after dark.

AppleJaxx

Wild Cherry

Amy, I am thinking that you probably got the Wilton's candy melts then, right??  The stuff I am talking about is cheaper and just as good... I get it at WalMart for $1.50 for a 1.5 lb block... you can get white or chocolate and I just break it up into a piece of gladware/tupperware/whatever and put the lid on it when I am not using it.. I have actually put it w/ my baking stuff and pulled it back out a couple of months later and it is just like new after a quick melt in the micro!!Have fun and if you ever wanna talk candy making drop me a pm... I make a lot of different stuff!!
Amanda

nene

Cherry Delight

BTT for anyone looking for good candy recipes

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

omg, i just made these yesterday and am dipping them today.  Go figure.

Scrap Goddess

Cherry Addict

Is it bad I remembered what I edited?These balls are REALLY good. Especially frozen.

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Y'all said balls.   *snicker*

1LuckyMom

Sweet Cherry Pie

Can I come over???

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Was reading this and thinking hmmmmm.....those sound like Buckeyes!  LOL!  You mean only people in Ohio call them that?

TheFiberLady

Chatty Cherry

moods can i have the recipes for the fudge and the cashew brittle also? i'm in the mood for some of the good stuff

Emsdancemom

A Cherry on Top

Sounds like my idea of heaven!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee