So much for the big bad storm....

Moderator: ACOT Employee

moodyonceamth
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 653

Post by moodyonceamth »

Up here in Erie, close to the lake, we got nothin'!   Seriously...it never snowed enough to cover the grass, and they say we may get some freezing rain today but right now it's just rain.  I see there are a few church cancellations to the south of us.   Anyone get slammed like they were predicting?   On Thursday they were saying we could get anywhere from 12-20 inches of snow. 
Kara
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 69

Post by Kara »

no, thankfully no ice storm BUT the fricking rain is causing issues for the construction plans today :(
Image \ ImageImage
bumblebby
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 5

Post by bumblebby »

Supposed to happen here. Mind you, what they are forecasting is normal where Ilive in.My hometown Toronto is going to be paralyzed if they get hit bad. Snow Fairies, I tell ya!
moodyonceamth
Cherry Addict

Post by moodyonceamth »

We went to  Toronto for our honeymoon....great city!  You'd think they'd be used to snow...no?
bumblebby
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 5

Post by bumblebby »

They don't get much snow in Toronto, compared to the rest of the province. I truly was shocked when I moved away, how much snow other areas get.Toronto is a great city, I miss it so much. I do go back a lot though.Dh would never dream of living there so here we live in the boondocks. I guess he has some good points though. So much nicer to raise kids where we are now and so much cheaper to buy a nice house.Several years ago Toronto called in the military when they were expecting a big snow storm. My friends in other parts of Canada would not let me live that down.
sweetpeas_mom
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 271

Post by sweetpeas_mom »

I hope it's still just rain up there, Moody. My Mom has to go in to work this morning and traveling 90 wouldn't be much fun it it was all ice. It's kind of like sleet here, I can hear it on the windows. We got about an inch of snow last night by 11, and that looks like all we got. I'm not really looking forward to taking the girls to Sunday school in a half hour - that wind looks raw out there.
~Marcy~

New Consultant with AC Bailey Designs!

http://www.mypersonalpage.shoppingcarts ... arcyM.html
moodyonceamth
Cherry Addict

Post by moodyonceamth »

Marcy, now that it's light out I can see that the street looks icy.  Not sure how the main roads are at all. 
simmons87
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 32

Post by simmons87 »

Slammed here in Indiana.
4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 816

Post by 4peasinourpod »

we were supposed to get a dusting and got 5 inches.Dorks.
Emsdancemom
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 223

Post by Emsdancemom »

It has rained here since about noon yesterday. It is supposed to turn to ice and then to snow later toady.
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2369

Post by Art_Teacher »

We had about 5 inches yesterday, then sleet on top of it.  Then, this morning it is lightly snowing again and they are predicting 1 to 3 more inches, before it warms up....so it will get all slushy and melty, then freeze tonight.  Yuck!
torysmom
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 17

Post by torysmom »

we are getting it right now..i tink we have 3-4 inches in areas on top of the 10 we got on Thursday so it seems like more.
Flapdoodle
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 3

Post by Flapdoodle »

Just rain here. Which we need DESPERATELY.
Kathy
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 165

Post by Kathy »

Well, Amy.......south and east of you here in the Allentown/north of Reading area we're a sheet of ice.  It took DH twice as long to get to work as usual, but when he got to Reading, there was no ice.  But our home, about 15 miles north of Reading, is one large block of ice! 
Cheryle-L
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 4

Post by Cheryle-L »

We got blasted!!!  Over a foot and still coming down and starting to turn to sleet.  Church was canceled as was everything else.  We just had an unexpected storm on thursday and got a foot and now this!!  But have to say it's awesome out there..although I don't have to go out!
Cheryle
Light the Way
katarria
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 457

Post by katarria »

Wait...you don't have a storm?!  We do - all day we've had crazy amounts of - oh wait - it's just rain.  Boo Hoo.
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

Ours petered out too.   But before it did it was coming down with a fury.   At 8am Bud and I went out for breakfast and over to Walmart (I wanted a new blender)    The stores and roads were so EMPTY!

We drove over to get some groceries and drove through a snow pile.   What a blast!But more snow is supposed to be on the way.   BLECH
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 331

Post by Flasher »

We're getting hammered.
CarolLynn
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 43

Post by CarolLynn »

Everyone stay safe today!  If you have to get out, be careful!
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams... live the life you have imagined. -Thoreau
deerewife
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 483

Post by deerewife »

We got between 3-5 inches.  We weren't supposed to get anything other than a dusting. No real impact here though.Jenna

Return to “General Talk”