Save at least 20% on all Fall and Halloween products, no promo code needed! Shop Now

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

I need to vent **language**
As horrible as this sounds... Yes, Yes I do want someone to make them cry. Just like they made me cry yesterday.I really don't get this. It's to their advantage to have this taken care of soon too. Less money for them to pay out in rehab and lost work. I'm so worried they're gonna F this up like they did my dad's arm when he broke it at work 3 years ago. He did the same thing you did Merilyn, he kept telling them his shoulder hurt too, but they were so fixated on the damn arm that they never looked at it. When he finally got them to look months and months later, they found he had broken it too and now it's set funny and to fix it would require re-breaking it. So he just deals with the pain, and his arm still has limited use after all this time.Bob's the breadwinner. I can't work. We're screwed if they mess this up.
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Are you in a big enough city to have a tv station?  If so, then get a hold of whatever they call their consumer action group and see if they will take your case and give you some publicity that just might light a fuse under some butts.If no TV station, try the newspaper.If all else fails, make a big sign saying "Grinch Doctor sent my injured husband back to work" and picket in front of the WC doctor's office.

scrapaholic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

You should consider seeing a workers comp atty, that is ridiculous.
Have a coke and a smile!Image

twinsmom1

Cherry Cola

tracy, being in the medical field, please seek the advice of an attorney or go to the insurance commission.  If not, then you will have a good malpractice suit on your hands.  If the WC doctor does not send him to have his arm fixed in a timely manner and it is found that he has problems because nothing was done sooner, you can sue that doctor.  If your hubby cannot do the same line of work because of that, you can also ask that he be sent back to school or training to get him to where he can hold a job with comparable pay.  Please look into every opportunity and avenue to resolve this.  Also, plase make a complaint to the state medical board and to the state medical society in your state.  Doctors do NOT like it when they get letters and people snooping around from these places.  Also, please see if you can request another physician.  See if you can find one who will take WC insurance.  And, if all else fails, plase go see your own doctors and use the insurance without using WC.  It may be the only alternative you have to getting him back to normal in a timely manner.  Trust me, if it was me, then my female stick would be out everywhere I go.  A lot of these places treat people like they are dumb, until they run into someone who works in the healthcare field and knows what goes on.  Trust me, it has worked for me with my children's doctors.  One mention of needing a referral to go to the ER during business hours and they somehow find an open spot--works every time!!!

meri-lyn

Cherry Blossom

You're in O-town aren't you?  I think the company we used at the time was in Maitland.  Talk about getting the complete run around.  Oh, and the ortho doc still sends me bills, (they say zero), because they are waiting for WC to send them a $48 check.  Did I mention this was Christmas 2004!!!!
meri-lyn
the pea known as "can_i_pea_2"

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

Naw Merilyn, I'm near Ft. Lauderdale.I just got off the phone with him, he seems fine. He's having a good time watching the other guy cover for him.And I sat here worrying. Hmpf!!!

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Does this mean you're gonna stop weilding the big bad skeery female stick for now?

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

I think I'm not female enough to wield that stick, huh?

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Naw, you just know when to stop, thankfully.Although I think some of our customers at work may have gotten wind of yours and got some of their own. Yeesh.

doglady

Cherry Berry

You have the right to request another doctor!!  You can also show them where t is medically contraindicated.  I had to fight numerous times when I blew a lumbar disc and they gave me a bad time.  Fight back!  The squeeky wheel gets the oil and the care.  The adjusters will try to get you to fold and if you fight back they will stop.  Most of them are bullies who love to play Kingdom Games!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee