Anyone Want My Dog?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Heatherj81
Cherry Berry

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by Heatherj81 »

Because I'm *this* close to giving him the boot.  It snowed outside.  Which means he can't go outside because he might get his delicate little paws wet.  So instead, let's pace in front of the door non stop.  Pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace. If you open the door, he'll take one step outside and scamper back in.  Then he'll pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace. He's a dalmatian so he has lots of energy.  He will keep this up all day.  This isn't our first winter together!  LOL!
grandma12
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 5

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by grandma12 »

boots???
Northern Brat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 253

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by Northern Brat »

Just boot him out and make him go! 
Wendy-Gale
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 183

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by Wendy-Gale »

does this mean he will pee and poo on your floor?
Heatherj81
Cherry Berry

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by Heatherj81 »

No, he won't pee and poo on the floor.  He's my good doggy...even if he is driving me up the flippin' wall right now.We live out in the boonies, and he's got plenty of room to run.  One of his favorite activities is to run the fence line with the neighbor's doggy.  We just laugh at them because it's a great way for both doggies to get rid of their energy. But he's stuck inside so instead he'll pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace.  And I will go to bed tonight hearing the clicking of his toenails on the hardwood floor.
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by AnnOminous »

maybe some dog boots would help.  The kind sled dogs wear.Trim his toenails.
Heatherj81
Cherry Berry

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by Heatherj81 »

His toenails are trimmed as close as I can get them.  They still click.  I've never seen dog booties IRL before and I used to work in a pet store.  I've seen them in catalogs though.  I wonder if he would leave them on...hmmm....
Leeanna
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 128

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by Leeanna »

LOL, one of mine is the same!  She will eventually go after about 24 hours though, then dart back inside as quickly as possible.  I've thought about getting the boots too, I doubt she would leave them on, but at least she could wear them to go do her thing then I could take them off when she comes back in the house.
Flapdoodle
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 3

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by Flapdoodle »

How 'bout putting a rug in front of the door where he paces?
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by AnnOminous »

It's hard to tell with dogs.  Some just love getting dressed up and others act like you are torturing them!
campangel
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 4

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by campangel »

Mine lays around starring at the ceiling
Northern Brat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 253

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by Northern Brat »

Lu Ann, that is a cute pic!My dog didn't like the snow at first, but he didn't have the option...out the door, and he figured it out.  Now, he loves it!
Gypsymonkey
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 441

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by Gypsymonkey »

Sounds like our Jack Russell.  If we leave the door open, she runs right back in during cold weather.  If we close it, then she will go do her duty and wait to be let in.
"May you always have memories to scrap!" ~ Diana
asset
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 156

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by asset »

Mine rolls in really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really stinky stuff.  She likes it. She says it's like very expensive perfume.
Kymbo
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 7

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by Kymbo »

We have a JR also but she LOVES the snow.   She literally jumps in the drifts and rolls around like an igit~  and to think I was worried about her not having an under coat.   Whatever she is having more fun in her kennel outside than I could have imagined.Oh and dd got her (Shadow the puppy) a sweater!
Kymberlee~
butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by butterfly843 »

My dog has booties, because she loves playing in the snow, but whines when her paws get cold.
Judes
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by Judes »

I hear ya.  My Basenji doesn't like the cold wind and hasn't wanted to go for walks, not that I blame her.  She has so much energy pent up.  I can't wait for the weather to warm up.
TiffyGirl
Cherry Blossom

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by TiffyGirl »

Girl, I knew I liked you for some good reason!! I have a dalmatian too!! (We had 2 until our sweet girl, Maggie, passed away a year & a half ago :-( ) He is actually at the vet today. He got super sick yesterday & they have him on an IV at the moment. He had a good night & might be coming home this afternoon. Okay, well now my post is getting depressing. Beau does the same thing about pace pace pace, but he does in the dining room so he can look out the windows while pace pace pacing. Then he'll bark, bark, bark & then pace some more. :-p lol He has a dog door, but only has access to the back yard, so if something is going on out front he goes straight to the dining room. lol
Heatherj81
Cherry Berry

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by Heatherj81 »

Awwww...When Lucky (my dal) was still a puppy, he got into the trash and ate a combination of scoopable cat litter and old, old chili (he knocked the trash can over in the garage).  He got super sick and had to have IV fluid too.  He bounced back pretty quickly though.  He's a senior citizen now...12 years old.  He's been such a really good dog.  Even with all the pacing...and the farting. And just because I'm always looking for a chance to share a picture, here he is:          And my other doggie:
Flapdoodle
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 3

Anyone Want My Dog?

Post by Flapdoodle »

Aaaawww! Cute pics!  *LMAO* at the "pacing AND farting" comment!!And I have a JRT too----LOVE THEM.  They're better than kids any day!  *ducking*

Return to “General Talk”