Get a free ephemera pack with your $19 purchase with code FREEBIE
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products, no promo code needed!

TurtlePond

Cherry Tart

Jon and Kate Plus 8--anyone else thing she is a RAVING witch
I'm watching this show for the 2nd time ever. The first time she came off as such an amazing witch I said I'd never watch again, but decided to give it another go tonight.Well she's even more of a witch tonight--something I didn't think possible from the last viewing.  She is SUCH an unsupportive broom rider to her husband. She rags on him about what he eats, flat out tells him she doesn't trust his judgement IN FRONT OF THEIR KIDS and tugged so hard on the rope contraption their kids have to hold when they are out walking the kids are crying because they are on the edge of being dragged around vs. walking.She is just such a harsh, bitter hag, IMO.  Does anyone else think she is the least bit kind or maternal or even slightly interested in her husband?

Flasher

Cherry Crush

No, i don't think that about her.  I've seen all the episodes and yes, at times she's harsh, but so is he.I can only imagine the stress level with 8 kids is through the roof.  I imagine it would be very hard to be loving all the time.

bensmom

Cherry Blossom

Tell us how you really feel!  I think that this is a tv show that is put into an editing room where all of the events that have her yelling are pieced together.  As a mom I know that I can be short with my dh as well.  I have seen every episode and she has apologized to him, he has said that the tv makes it look 10x as bad, and she has said that she knows that she gets short with him.  I don't think that she is a raving witch.  I think that she has 3 year old sextuplets and is doing the best that she can with them and their older sisters. 

MelissaM

Cherry Bing

Controlling and compulsive...yes but not a witch.  Personally, I like that the family seems real...mom and dad yelling, kids hitting and crying.  I can't stand the shows that feature large families all living in perfect harmony...PLEASE!
Melissa
formally known as mkyanne

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

I think she is more "real" than Mrs. Dugger.    That woman seems to have confused her valium with her birth control pills.   Either that or she has some major drugs during delivery that keeps her serene (read that "OUT OF TOUCH")  

Flasher

Cherry Crush

I completely agree with Queen Mum about Mrs. Dugger.  That woman has absolutely no credibility to me and is totally unbelievable in everything she says.  The very first time I saw one of their specials I told my hubby that she looks like she got into the Joker's make-up (Batman reference) and her forced smile is just stuck there.  And her whispy, speaking voice . . . she always seems totally high to me.Give me "real life" with Jon and Kate any day!

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

I had two kids that were 356 days apart. 

My patience was very thin most days.     

I cannot imagine handling 6 two year olds!    And the twins are still pretty young too. 

And I do believe they edit those shows to give the slant they want.   With the Duggars they make it sound like everything is clockwork with no glitches.    What is in the water they drink? ??????    They are like Stepford children!!!!!  

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Seriously, Mrs. Dugger can "happily" raise 17 children because in actuality, she's not "raising" 17 children.  She tends to the babies and the older children are each responsible for a younger child.  Now, perhaps that's the editing "slant", but she even brags about her "mentoring" program. 

bumblebby

Cherry Garcia

As for Mrs Duggar, I'd be high if I had 17 kids! I stopped watching cause her hair was driving me nuts. What is up with her lid? Ya, I'm shallow like that, I stop watching a show cause of hair. lol.

Flasher

Cherry Crush

*What is up with her lid?*  That made me cackle!Yeah, and she's making sure all the girls have the exact same hair.

Emsdancemom

A Cherry on Top

Yeah I don't care for Kate either. It could be the way the show is edited but ... I feel sorry for Jon and the kids.

corriekate

Cherry Bomb

I really like Jon and Kate Plus 8...I think that she is that way because in her world if she isn't in control then that means 8 tiny children are...Mrs. Dugger...well she has a gift...bless her lil' heart she can have that many kids AND keep her sanity.

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Mrs. Dugger...well she has a gift...bless her lil' heart she can have that many kids AND keep her sanity. 
Do you honestly think any woman who willingly has that many kids is sane? 

If you want 'blessings' why not adopt a few that really need a decent home? 

I was the eldest grandchild and as the eldest I was in charge of not only siblings but cousins.    I was held responsible for them.    IT was NOT a fun experience.    

I think we had a discussion (debate) about the Duggers before and I still haven't changed my mind about that. 

All too often, the older kids have way too much responsibility for decisions their parents made.  

twinsmom1

Cherry Cola

that reminds me of an old "nursery rhyme" I heard one time:There was an old woman who lived in a shoe.  She had so many children her uterus fell out. That is all I know of that one.  But, I do know that someone who can have that many kids, seem so calm, and still be married has to be on something to keep her that calm.  I have my times with my kids and I just have 2 year old twins and a 10 year old son.  Go figure!

TurtlePond

Cherry Tart

That woman seems to have confused her valium with her birth control pills.  Okay--I had to say that cracked me up--BIG TIME! 

Pegster

Sweet Cherry Pie

I like the show and I don't think she is that bad really. I too think the show is pretty much real life action and I enjoy it.
Peggy

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I've only seen the trailers for this show.Ain't NO FREAKING WAY I could do it.What a nightmare!!!!

Return to “General Debate”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee