Poll: Shopping Carts

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Leave the cart wherever
10%
Leave the cart in the cart corral
87%
Return the cart to the store
No votes
I have a van. I take the cart home with me.
3%

Total votes: 92

baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Post by baltoscrapper »

Seriously Renee, next time I go to the store, I'm going to ask where to pick up my pacycheck for doing all the work!I do return carts though, I think of it as "cart Karma", if I don't return the cart than likely, a cart will strike my car.  And I wouldn't like that, no not one bit..........
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Post by MamaK321 »

...I don't have a van, I have a truck 
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

One of the things that I always admire about Bud is that he always put the cart away - either in teh corral or back to the store

I'm a corral type person.    (Unless I am really close to the store - but I will only leave it outside the store door - not bring it inside)
LaurelJean
Cherry Tart

Post by LaurelJean »

"My kitten heels get dirty if I walk around in parking lots too much." 
TurtlePond
Cherry Tart

Post by TurtlePond »

We return it to the corral 90% of the time, but if we're right up front, we'll take it back in the store.
MamaDNC
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 60

Post by MamaDNC »

I always try to find a cart corral to put my cart in.  We live 3 blocks from a local grocery store, and recently, I saw one of our apt. neighbors wheeling a cart from that store right into our building!!!  Groceries where being 'home delivered' I guess.P.S.  The cart is still in our building, under a stairwell!!!!
JeanG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 5

Post by JeanG »

For me, it depends on where the corral is located.  If it's close, I take the cart there. If it's over 50 feet, I leave the cart by my car - I can no longer walk that far!
MrsEcho
Cherry Tart

Post by MrsEcho »

"For me, it depends on where the corral is located.  If it's close, I take the cart there. If it's over 50 feet, I leave the cart by my car"Ditto :)
Janell
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 588

Post by Janell »

I try to park my car near the cart corral that way I don't have to go far to retun it.  Or I am like Lisa and will pop up the two wheels over the concrete so it doesn't roll away or anything. I feel that is better than leaving it nilly willy in the parking lot!
Flapdoodle
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 3

Post by Flapdoodle »

I either walk it back up to the store or put it in the cart corral. I don't mind the excercise.If, in extreme cases where I can't do either, I at least make sure the cart is put where it won't roll and hit anyone's car.
-Shannon-
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 148

Post by -Shannon- »

I just push it into someone else's car....
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

ScrapEgypt
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 129

Post by ScrapEgypt »

Got to add my embarrassing shopping cart story....Time - Summer 2006, about  9 amPlace - Winn Dixie parking lot in suburban New OrleansThe kids and I had arrived the night before after our usual 3-flight, 28+ hour travel ordeal from Baku.  With the lack of sleep and 10 hour time difference, I was a bit "mentally challenged."   My mom and I didn't see any carts in the parking lot and walking up toward the store, we didn't see any stacked up by the door.  But I spotted an elderly man walking toward the store with an empty cart.  I told my mom - "Great!  He's returning his cart.  I'll grab it."    So, I walked up, took the cart from the man, told him "thank you" and proceeded into the store to start shopping.Less than 3 minutes later, I notice the SAME man, with ANOTHER shopping cart, picking out veggies.  I realized, with horror, that the poor man was not returning a cart, but that the cart was meant for HIM!!!!!  I went over to him, apologizing profusely for taking his cart, and explaining that I was horribly jet-lagged and just wasn't thinking.  I was SOOOO embarrassed!!!!!The nice gentleman put his hand on my shoulder and told me "No problem, honey.  I just figured you needed that cart more than I did!"My mother, meanwhile, is over by the lettuce howling with laughter!!!!
Cielle

ImageImage Image

Return to “General Debate”