baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

Insult for me or compliment for my son?
Ok, among a few other things, I have Mason's teacher this clothespin thingy for her deskI get a nice note back yesterday saying "I really like the clothespin, I bet Mason put all those things on there!"umm, no, I made it........... I do believe this is the last homemade thing she is getting from me!   I have always given handmade gifts to his teachers and this is the first time someone ever thought is was Mason who made it (you have to know, my kid making any kind of art project)What would you think?

evilqueen

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I love your work.  You can make me anything for Christmas if you want.

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

Gosh... I have no words of wisdom here.  I think it is beautiful. 
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

Kymbo

Cherry Bomb

Um...well I made one for ds teacher and I'm thinking she had no clue what it is.I think it looks great!  Maybe being a teacher she was assuming that it was made by him?  I have no clue but again I like it!
Kymberlee~

sweetpeas_mom

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I think it looks great! She probably doesn't even know what to use it for, and didn't know what else to say.
~Marcy~

New Consultant with AC Bailey Designs!

http://www.mypersonalpage.shoppingcarts ... arcyM.html

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

I would have interpreted the note as,"In the x amount of months I've been teaching your son, I can believe he would put all those things on there."Not necessarily meaning he DID but that she felt she knew him well enough to think he was capable of doing so!I'd take it as a compliment either way!

FurBaby_Mom

Wild Cherry

Ouch.  I'd be a bit miffed....and I certainly wouldn't be making her anything else.  Ugh.  Sorry, Cec.  I think your stuff is really cool!
Amy
"hoarder of supplies"

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

She SHOULD know what it was for, since I clipped a note in it saying "to hold your notes" And I have to edit my post, I meant to say my kid HATES art!

Wendy-Gale

Bowl Full of Cherries

ummm I think she wouldnt get anything else from me

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Well, I think it's lovely Cec...and I can definitely tell an 8 year old didn't put it together!

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I think its beautiful, I wouldn't be sending her anything else homemade.

Renee

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I don't know what she was thinking but I think it's super cute!!

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

What happened to keeping your mouth shut if you have nothing nice to say?I really like it, thanks  would have sufficed! Some people!!!
ImageImage

Midge

Cherry Cropper

Hmm...I would be a little hurt by the comment. I think it's beautiful...and I love your work. Your gallery is one of the first ones that I look to for inspiration when I'm altering.

Gypsymonkey

Bowl Full of Cherries

Just grin and bear it.  I think it's very pretty and would love receiving one.  HINT HINT HINT
"May you always have memories to scrap!" ~ Diana

pjw

A Cherry on Top

Well, phooey on her!

TeresaB

Cherry Picker

I don't think she was being rude at all.  Both  my sister-in-laws are teachers and they get tons of gifts that are made by their students AND their parent.  To me it sounds like she was saying that she really appreciated it and that she was complimenting your child by saying that he helped.  You have to remember that if she is not in the scraping world shes probably never seen one.  Also you should be appreciative of the fact that she sent you a thank you note. I am really surprised at the negative comments to this thread, but then again I am overly protective of teachers due to the fact that I do have two in my family.  JMO.

Irocz7

Cherry Jubilee

????  Is she daft or what?!?  That is sooo cute!

PopPop

Cherry Blossom

She must be wierd, My kids other Grandma, does not like any thing I do.  I have made her canvases, mini-ablums in fact I made her one for her 1st greatgrand daughter this summer and they are all shoved in a drawer.  So for this Christmas I got her a gift certificate.
Jeanne

PopPopto her 2 DGS who both are autistic. The oldest one named me PopPop when he was 2 and it just stuck!

katarria

Chocolate Covered Cherry

She's just clueless about "our world"  -  I think it's awesome! 
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee