Paper Organization

Moderator: ACOT Employee

ScrappyK
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 43

Paper Organization

Post by ScrappyK »

Hey Ladies -- I was just wondering how you all organize your patterned paper. My dad recently made me a paper rack, which I LOVE! I am just at wits end with how to seperate it. I don't know companies very well to seperate it that way, and color don't seem to work for me.Any suggestions?

Thanks!Kristy
TheFiberLady
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 266

Paper Organization

Post by TheFiberLady »

mine is sorted by color and some theme
moodyonceamth
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 653

Paper Organization

Post by moodyonceamth »

I used to keep mine by theme or pattern....but now it's all by manufacturer. 
suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

Paper Organization

Post by suslvgeo »

mine is by color and theme, as is all of my stuff. Just much easier for me.
SUS ImageImageImage
Midge
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 213

Paper Organization

Post by Midge »

I separate by company...and then by collection.
Cherry Jubilee

Paper Organization

Post by »

You're supposed to sort it???? 
Leeanna
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 128

Paper Organization

Post by Leeanna »

I try to keep mine by theme, then color.
butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Paper Organization

Post by butterfly843 »

I organize by theme. After going through many different organizers, I found these set of 3 clear drawers, bought a bunch of sets and they work perfect.
ScrappyK
Cherry Blossom

Paper Organization

Post by ScrappyK »

LOL Mindy Sue.... I think the same thing sometimes -- "You're supposed to sort it????"That's exactly why I asked this question.Kristy
slicette
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 415

Paper Organization

Post by slicette »

Definitely by Color and if it doesn't fit into color - by theme
ScrappyK
Cherry Blossom

Paper Organization

Post by ScrappyK »

Thank you all, Ladies. You all are so very helpful!It's just hard, as I have a VERY small scrap space. I over took my cleaning supplies/storage closet in my kitchen recently and now it's a very confined space. But, having my stuff in the bedroom and the living room wasn't working for me either. This is MUCH better, but me and paper organizing don't get along too well, lol.I'm going to try by theme... I have some of my paper sorted that way already (i.e. xmas, halloween, etc.) but that's about it. Color that's so hard for me because everything usually has more then one color and then I stress over where to put it. So, I think I will go with manufacturer after theme. This will help me to know them better too!Thanks again!Kristy
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Paper Organization

Post by Laura Fiore »

That sounds just about how I sort mine Kristie. I have everything by manufacturer, except where it's an obvious theme, like Christmas. If it's just pretty paper that went with a Christmas line, though, I throw it back in with the manufacturer because that works better for me.
Judes
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Paper Organization

Post by Judes »

If my pp is primarily one color, I file it with the same color of cs.  I only have a small file of multi-color pp and it's all together in one envelope.  Lately, if the pp is already in a kit that goes together well, I leave it together.
Pegster
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 263

Paper Organization

Post by Pegster »

I must be the oddball. I organize mine by company.
Peggy
scrappinchic
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 149

Paper Organization

Post by scrappinchic »

I have mine sorted by company and then line.  I have my cs sorted by color so it looks like a rainbow.Laura
lkylaurenkay
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 2

Paper Organization

Post by lkylaurenkay »

I think it is an evolving process based upon how your tastes change.  I used to organize my Crooper Hoppers by manfufacturer and I didn't seem to use it as often and it just seemed like too many themes all jumbled together.Now I keep most of it by theme. Currently I have baby/toddler, Licenced characters, big florals, little pattern florals, geometrics, owls/birds/&butterflies/,funky (like Elsie, DCWV Rock Star paper... Then I also sort by holiday and seasons.  It makes it much easier for me to find and use what I need,
MLee
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 404

Paper Organization

Post by MLee »

My cardstock is by color, my PP is by manufacturer for large companies like Basic Grey and by themes (large, general themes like floral, boys, summer, etc.) for the rest.

SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Paper Organization

Post by SBcrazee »

I sort by manufacturer & like it.. Tried color sorting a long time ago & it did not work for me at all.
ImageImage
vel
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 21

Paper Organization

Post by vel »

Mine's all by manufacturer. Sometimes that makes it tough to find a particular color/pattern, but for the most part mfg. lines tend to coordinate and I know what I've got at this point since I've been through it half a million times now.
tbroussard
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 54

Paper Organization

Post by tbroussard »

By color and theme, but there's so much that doesn't fit in either and those are just in a stack. 

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”