Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Welcome January Digi Guest CT
a familiar face to many of us "old-timers", Lindsay! :-D

Like many scrappers, I got into the hobby with the birth of my first born son, Parker, back in 2003. I originally started as a paper scrapper and if you go waaaaay back in my gallery, you can see those early gems. A Cherry on Top was my very first Creative Team, so it's nice to come back and visit for the month. Thank you for having me!

I found A Cherry on Top back when it was Stickers Galore. If I remember correctly I was searching for...stickers! The community was so nice and helpful while I began learning how to scrapbook, so it was easy to join in, plus all of the challenges and the shop is awesome. In 2005, Devlin was born and changed everything. Not only was I trying to wrangle an 18-month-old and a newborn, but I had commitments for the Creative Team, which made paper scrapping difficult at the time. The powers that be allowed me to try digital scrapping for a How-To and I never went back.

Seeing my obsession, err enthusiasm,
A Cherry on Top enlisted me to recruit digital designers and fellow scrappers to create the digital component of the site - there are a few designers still here which is very cool to see, hello ladies! Working with [size=+0]ACOT[/size] was a blast and I got to "meet" so many cool people, and actually did get to personally meet several scrappers at events like [size=+0]CHA[/size].

In 2007, I "retired" after my laptop and a Coca-Cola bottle had an unfriendly encounter. I stayed on for a little to help with the store and putting together the reveals, but soon I retired from scrapping altogether since I wasn't able to scrap. I went back to my other hobbies like reading and music, but was missing out on so many moments as the boys grew older. In June 2011, I dusted off my hard drive, got myself re-organized, and began taking pictures again. At last count, I have done almost a hundred layouts in the last six months...not bad for a weekend scrapper who is still "easing" her way into things!
Stylistically, I haven't changed very much and glad to see the styles haven't strayed very far from what I was doing back in 2007. I cannot resist ribbons, stitching, notebook and grid papers, love color, and have far too many alphas and templates. Previously I worked with a variety of designers including: Dani Mogstad, Christy Lyle, Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, Michelle Underwood, Marcie Reckinger, Paula Duncan, Bree Clarkson, and Rachel Giallongo. I continue to scrap mostly with products from the ladies above (I'm loyal that way, LOL), but love to find new designers. Most of my layouts are about all the guys underfoot in my house: husband Kyle, Parker, Devlin, and even the dog at times.

Here is one of her gorgeous layouts:

Outside of scrapping, I love to read trashy romance novels, listen to a ton of music, and watch my favorite TV shows on DVD. When I scrap about myself, I'm usually scrapping about all those things that are a part of my daily life. For those that were around when I was here before, you may remember the [size=+0]Bingo Card[/size] and my [size=+0]Hotties[/size] Challenges during the crops. So for this month, my challenge will be about Favorites...

We spend so much time scrapping about the ones we love, but what else do you love? Pick one, pick a dozen...books, music, film, food, places, rock stars, whatever floats your boat, rings your bell, blows your whistle! Just have fun and post in the Challenge Thread by February 5th. At the end of my stay, I'll pick my favorite for a $10 gift certificate and will also do a random drawing for one $5 gift certificate.
Laura
 Image    Image         

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Welcome January Digi Guest CT
Congrats Lindsay!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

craftyk

Cherry Bing

Congrats Lindsay! :)

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Congrats on your month, and I love your challenge!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

Congrats!!!
ImageImage 

Wheeliegirl

Cherry Jubilee

Congratulations!
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Congratulations! Enjoy the month.

Lynda

Janell

Cherry Cola

YAY Lindsay!!! Congratulations! You are such a talented scrapper, I'm looking forward to your guest CT month!!!
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

Yeah! So glad you're the guest this month Lindsay. and I love that you've made a comeback. This lady here is the enabler behind my digital obsession too! ;)
Image Image

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

YEAH...Welcome back chica :)
Image~Angie~

Cherry Jubilee

Hmmm... interesting challenge. I'm thinking of several possibilities. Now... where is that elusive time I need to fit in scrapping that isn't class related. :)

MimaScraps/Lori

Cherry Bomb

so glad you're here to motivate us; love the challenge; will work on it as soon as I CAN GET TO MY PC!
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!

Lindsay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Thanks for your sweet words, I'm so happy to be back scrapping. I missed it so much. I finally got around to doing my own challenge for the month...

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Welcome back!
Bibi

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

Congrats on your month and welcome back! I love your work.
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

handerful

Cherry Cropper

Welcome back!
Image Image
RACHEL

FairyMouseMom

Cherry Addict

Yeah, baby......remember when I won that HUMUNGOUS digital prize.....which is what kept me sucked in this side of the hobby!!!!!
Glad to see you guesting here this month!!!
Egle ~ Let the things you love be your escape. ~
I am addicted to alphabets!....and papers.....and....

Image Image Image

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Congrats :)

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Welcome back and enjoy your month!

ImageImage Image Image  

Return to “Digital Talk”

Information