We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

I'm working on a project *UPDATED AT END*
and could use some help! :)

Back story....my little sister *always* counts down to her birthday. She's done this ever since we were little. Usually the countdown starts a month ahead, but this year since she's turning 40, she started a little early. Everyday on her FB page, she's posting something she's learned in her first 40 years. She'll end up with 40 things.

So, I am making her a little min album with my Your Story binder. It's a 4x6 album, and it has NO pictures. I'm trying to build a little something around each of her 'lessons'.

If you want to see what it looks like so far, the link is here

I need help with a couple of the pages and I'm looking for any ideas or suggestions.

Here's one I need help with. I kinda want to keep the scissors, but I"m not sure what else to put on it. The strips themselves are just so you can see the writing and obviously I haven't chosen a paper on this one either.

This is the second one...I kinda like the graphic, but it's out of place with the rest of the book. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do here instead?

If you have a kit to recommend, that would be great too!
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Re: I'm working on a project
I absolutely love your album so far. This is my fav. page:
ImageWish I had some suggestions for you, but I'm brain dead tonight.

Lynda

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

That is a wonderful idea and your sister will love it.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

coversu

Cherry Blossom

the album is AWESOME! You could mass produce and sell...I would buy one....I think the two pages in question look great....just need the right paper :)
Dawn

JeanG

Cherry Cola

OMG, Tracy, I love it! You are soooo creative! Even if the last one doesn't fit in with the other pages, you've gotta put it in!! I know you'll find exacty the right paper for it and it'll look great!
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

PurpleGoddess

Cherry Blossom

I love it and I bet it could be published.....I love the scissors and the yellow tape...How about some hair pieces fluttering down? Maybe a hair ribbon or a barrette? Headband?
I also love the 2nd one. That is so universal. I would put a few little flowers on it. or maybe something that represents something her mother "always" told her.....(Eat all your veggies with little vegies around it....not sure what direction you are heading...just thinking out loud)

And the day after her birthday, she should say: Life begins at 40. Mine did....LOL!

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

This is awesome! I'm with the others, if you decide to publish, I'm in line! I can think of several folks that I would want to give it to! Maybe you just sell the digi jpeg part, and let the buyers print for themselves.
Laurie

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

don't think you need nay help - this is perfect - I LOVE it
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

Sorry, I can't come up with any suggestions, but this little book is AWESOME! It is so cool. Your sis will love it. Great job.
Image ImageImage

anazelia

Cherry Cola

wow what a great idea your sister has. and what an awesome idea for an album.

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

PurpleGoddess wrote:I love it and I bet it could be published.....I love the scissors and the yellow tape...How about some hair pieces fluttering down? Maybe a hair ribbon or a barrette? Headband?
I also love the 2nd one. That is so universal. I would put a few little flowers on it. or maybe something that represents something her mother "always" told her.....(Eat all your veggies with little vegies around it....not sure what direction you are heading...just thinking out loud)

And the day after her birthday, she should say: Life begins at 40. Mine did....LOL!

That is something our mother always said. LOL! :-D

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

Thank you all for the compliments, you're very sweet! :inlove:

I really couldn't find the right papers for either of those in my stash. I'll have to give it another go I guess. I feel like they need something else on them. They look a little plainer than the rest of the pages if you know what I mean.

I like the idea of the barrettes, I *think* I might have one in my files. *crosses fingers*

Pegster

Sweet Cherry Pie

This is really amazing!!! it is darling! I don't have any suggestions. BUt you are doing great!! You have inspired me. I am jotting down somethings that I have "learned" and My birthday is next month. I think I might just make myself one!! LOL Fabulous idea!! Keep us posted on the rest of it please!
Peggy

javalove

Cherry Bing

Just want to say how much I love that book. It's fantastic!
Lisa

Image Image

handerful

Cherry Cropper

That looks like so much fun!

I haven't looked through all your suggestions, but for the hair cut one, is there a lock of hair you could include?
Image Image
RACHEL

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

handerful wrote:That looks like so much fun!

I haven't looked through all your suggestions, but for the hair cut one, is there a lock of hair you could include?

OOooo! I like that idea! I could paper piece one!

carrie123

Cherry Cola

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

carrie123 wrote:Image

COOL! Thanks Carrie!

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

-Tracy- wrote:

This is exactly what i was going to suggest. Some little pieces of hair on the bottom of the page would be perfect!

As for the second one, maybe if you added a few more bubbles with things parents say? or maybe an imagine of a father too? That one I'm not too sure about. :?

But this is so so awesome so far! I lubs it!

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

sarahwhithers wrote:
-Tracy- wrote:

This is exactly what i was going to suggest. Some little pieces of hair on the bottom of the page would be perfect!

As for the second one, maybe if you added a few more bubbles with things parents say? or maybe an imagine of a father too? That one I'm not too sure about. :?

But this is so so awesome so far! I lubs it!

Oh perfect! I'll drop the mom graphic and make a few different sized ovals with things that our parents said in them. THANKS!!

Return to “Digital Talk”

Information

Moderators

MamaK321, ACOT Employee