Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

teamted

Cherry Tart

Digital scrapbooking programs
 Hello,  I wanted to know what program people used for digital scrapbooking. I am very interested in it and I think this is the first step to start. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jen :-D

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

Re: Digital scrapbooking programs
 I use Photoshop Elements. Other programs you can use are: GIMP, Paint Shop Pro, or the full blown version of Photoshop (which is CS3 I believe).
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

Sus79

Cherry Cola

I use Photoshop elements 5, and I love it :-D It´s easy to use and you can get some awesome tutorials around the net and offcause also here at ACOT on how to make to most of the program
ImageImageImageImageImage

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

I recently upgraded from Photoshop Elements 3 to PSE6. I found PSE6 to be the most similar to 3. Though now I've seen they have an even newer PSE7 coming out. *sigh* you can never catch up to the latest and greatest. LOL
Image Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

I use Microsoft Photodraw.  It seems to have less of a learning curve than Photoshop.
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

Mommybruno

Cherry Cola

I use Photoshop Elements 5.0 and I LOVE IT!!! You can use this program free for a month if you want to test it out.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop ... P2_PSEW_MN
Cassandra
"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there." --Herb Caen
ImageImageImage

Jeanne Marie's Scraps

Digital Designers

i have pse but never use it i always use my little $30.00 photo explosion program it's super easy cheap dose everything i need i wouldn't trade it for any thing

allysonc

Cherry Cola

hrm you can scrap with photo explosion?
Ally

davsar

Cherry Cola

I use GIMP!!  It is free and as powerful as most other editing software.  I also use Paint Shop Pro to work on the actual pictures (not the scrapbooking part).

If you decide to delve into the digi world - GIMP is a great starting (and ending) program, because it is free.  And if you ever need help learning it you can always ask me questions (and there are a few sites out there that offer support - including GIMP's homepage).
ImageImage

JustJessa

Cherry Bing

davsar wrote: I use GIMP!!  It is free and as powerful as most other editing software.  I also use Paint Shop Pro to work on the actual pictures (not the scrapbooking part).
davsar wrote:If you decide to delve into the digi world - GIMP is a great starting (and ending) program, because it is free.  And if you ever need help learning it you can always ask me questions (and there are a few sites out there that offer support - including GIMP's homepage).

I am dl gimp.  I just told my sister this morning I wanted to learn how to digi.  Then I seen this thread!  I hope you are willing to help me also...I think I will need it :?
Proudly Creating For:
Sherri Tierney, Amanda Carlson, Erin's Dreams,
Kristi W, LauraMarie Scraps, Pick a Paper, A Moment In Scrap Site CT
Kari Q Designs, Kris Myers Designs, Pretty Scrappy Site CT
Also Belong to Pretty Scrappy QP Team, and Praise Team

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Adobe Photoshop is the way to go!
I use the CS3 but it is quite pricey for someone whose just starting out i on;y upgraded once I was more comfortable with using it. Also helps that the BF got a deal on it for me. :-D A better one would be Photoshop Elements. It's basically the same program but much cheaper. It's great!

And just in case, if you go to adobe.com you can download a program to try out for 30 days. That way you can see if you really do like working in it.

Let me know if you need any details!

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

For the most part I'm an adobe fan... I currently have ps cs3, like someone else said its not the cheapest. But I like to do graphics so its normal for me. Someone else mentioned the learning curve. Elements is more user friendly, but doesnt have all the quirks that CS3 does. If your gonna go CS, I'd go with the #3 it has some new cool stuff. Each adobe one has a 30 day trial, so you can try elements and then try CS if ya want. GL!

teamted

Cherry Tart

Thank You girls! I am glad my DH will be home for this long weekend so I can play. I will let you know how it goes. :winkb:

Amberpony

Cherry Picker

I use PSE6 because it was the recomended version for my new computer. I was using PSE4 & PS7. I got my PSE4 free with my scanner. I have recieved PSE free with a camara and a printer. so you might check your software that came with some of your hardware for free versions that you can play with for as long as you want until you decide to buy a new fancier version
92 Memory Pages So Far In 2009
ImageImage ImageImage

allysonc

Cherry Cola

yeah i'm downloading free trials of different programs.. tehy seem confusing to me though :( not sure i'll ever get the hang of it all.  Why do most of them seem so un user friendly :( heh
Ally

allysonc

Cherry Cola

eh sorry if I sound negative.. just been trying to figure it out today
Ally

Return to “Digital Talk”

Information

Moderators

MamaK321, ACOT Employee