Let's reminisce for a moment....

Moderators: MamaK321, ACOT Employee

Janell
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 588

Let's reminisce for a moment....

Post by Janell »

Do you remember the first time you heard about Digi scrapbooking? What did you think? I was telling my friend here about it and she is a HARD Core paper scrapper just like I was. She was looking at me like I just asked her to eat dirt. Image

It's funny though because when my dear friend introduced me to it I was thinking "Has she lost her marbles?" you want me to scrap on the computer??? I love my paper stash and lugging around my cropper hopper and buying adhesive...I could never turn to the computer for my scrapbooking and cherished memories....

Well almost 3 years later I'm the one who's lost her marbles trying to get others to try digi. But what is awesome is that the designers keep getting better and better and the products you can use for Digi are AMAZING!!! I love my digital scrapbooks.

I do still love paper too. Just made some cards today in fact. But I love my Digi scrapping!!!! Image
Last edited by Janell on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!
emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 691

Re: Let's reminisce for a moment....

Post by emarie803 »

I'm very slowly venturing toward the digi side. I agree there is tons of awesome stuff out there. I just really like playing in my supplies. But, I'm getting some digi stuff together and will eventually make my first LO.
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Soon as I heard about digi scrapping, I jumped right into it, created a few layouts, found out it wasn't my "cup of tea" and went back to the paper scrapping. Doesn't mean I won't ever digital scrap again though...
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!
Janell
Cherry Cola

Post by Janell »

Trish I am proud of your for trying! It's like I tell my boys...you can't say you don't like it until you've tried one bite! Digi is not for everyone....but WTG for being brave to try it! I give you a gold star...

MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

janello wrote:Trish I am proud of your for trying! It's like I tell my boys...you can't say you don't like it until you've tried one bite! Digi is not for everyone....but WTG for being brave to try it! I give you a gold star...

Woohoo! *singing* I gotta go'old star... I got a gold staaar.. Thanks Janello!!
I tell my kids the same thing... :)
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Post by ScrapGoo »

I remember thinking that it sounded like the perfect progression. I think it is really respectable and crosses line between crafts, art, and graphic design just like paper scrapping, but with the technology of modern design. My mom owned a printshop for most of my life and I remember watching the paste-up artists create the layouts for things and seeing the technological progression into using the computer... it was fascinating and I think it is SO cool that we can see the same thing happening with scrapbooking. That said... I need to feel my paper and all the textures and bumps!
FairyMouseMom
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 943

Post by FairyMouseMom »

Hmmmm, honestly? I think it was really here that I "heard" aboutit. Sure, I knew it existed...but it was more "out of sight / out ofmind!"
And then there were some gals who started putting up digitallayouts.....and then came Lindsay......and then the Digital Shoppe hereat ACOT that February......and me that mid-May! The rest...ummm,history.
Egle ~ Let the things you love be your escape. ~
I am addicted to alphabets!....and papers.....and....

Image Image Image
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Post by MamaK321 »

I love trying the latest and great in scrapbooking so digital was just another thing I had to try out and see what all the fuss was about... and I love it! haven't turned back ever since. Of course I still play with paper too but I have o admit that digi wins out 90% of the time cause it's just so darned quick & easy!! LOL
Image Image
milmomma
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 67

Post by milmomma »

I've done some digi, but I just can't give up my paper I'm probably 90% paper 10% digi. Its easy and clean to do digi and great in a time cruch, like FS hehehe I can't wait!Image
moodyonceamth
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 653

Post by moodyonceamth »

Honestly? I still feel like you said you felt when you first were encouraged to try it. I HAVE come a long way in how I view digi though. Back in the day I felt it wasn't "real" scrapping. Now I understand that it is its own art with a whole different skill set. Just not for me.
If you dare condemn my life, it will come after you with a sharpened rake. Steven Jesse Bernstein
Janell
Cherry Cola

Post by Janell »

Moody we love honesty! You can't beat that! Image
bamablue
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 282

Post by bamablue »

I heard about it a long time before I actually tried it. Actually, I tried it before I knew what it was, now that I think about it. I'd won a copy of "Picture It" at a bar (Seinfield's last show was on and they had a huge blow out), so I played around with that a ton - and integrated some of the results with PowerPoint layouts. When I heard the term "digital scrapbooking", I started looking around at the available software, tried DIP and PSE, but didn't really get into either of them. I finally jumped in with both feet when I started working on Paint Shop Pro-figured I needed to learn my product! And LOVE it! I still have and use paper, but I'm giving more and more of it to my daughters!
Image Image Image
Kim2002
Digital Designers
Gallery: 192

Post by Kim2002 »

When I started, I didn't even know there was an actual name for this hobby. I had no idea there were other people creating elements and papers. I didn't know that there was at least one store opened up (SBE). But I tell ya, it was far easier for me to embrace this way of scrapping than it was paper. I never felt fully comfortable or in my element (pardon the pun) with paper scrapping. It was just too hard for me to do it perfectly the first time and we all know how hard it is to move something once it's stuck down with adhesive. LOL I'm glad I found this hobby and that others are joining in, too.
Kim Hill, Owner & Designer, CG Essentials
Owner, Resources 4 Photographers **photographer tools sold exclusively through A Cherry on Top**
Find me on Facebook

HapEScrapr
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 276

Post by HapEScrapr »

I heard about digi here at ACOT. I was desperately trying to master paper and was largely unsuccessful. I own tons of stuff, but all the effort to haul it all out and make the layout, but then have to take it all apart to glue it down was frustrating. When I started seeing all the amazing things the ladies were doing on the digi-side I started to wonder about it more. When I figured out that I had PSP on my laptop, I dove in. I have found that I am the opposite of Moody - paper - just wasn't for me.
HapEScrapr
Mommybruno
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1318

Post by Mommybruno »

I always looked down my paper-scrapping nose at digi scrapping. It looked too flat too me, and who wants to sit in front of a computer all day?

Ha! Now it's been a whole year since I started digi and I've touched my paper supplies maybe four or five times since then. DS uses them more than me for his little "projects". But my style of scrapping is to make it look close to paper scrapping (would you call that realism?).

I remember I had a handful of freebies to start with, mostly Shabby Princess stuff. Now I have more kits than I can count!!
Cassandra
"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there." --Herb Caen
ImageImageImage
nun69
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1549

Post by nun69 »

I didn't disregard it, I just didn't think I could do it and thought it would take me longer to do a digi page than a paper page~boy was I wrong!
Image~Angie~
sarahwhithers
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2269

Post by sarahwhithers »

It was here at ACOT when I saw the paper gallery and this strange thing called a Digital gallery. hahaha. Had no idea what it was and rarely ventured into that gallery. But it wasn't long at all till I started seeing these amazing pages in there and was instantly like wow, how are they doing that??!! So I hopped into the MB and started asking away. I already had adobe photoshop but didn't know how to use it. The BF gave me a crash course, and so did you guys about certain techniques. I started into it slowly but now, it's the majority of my pages.

I too have so many kits I can't even count them anymore! But I love them all and love the digi world! Image
Bea
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 56

Post by Bea »

hmmmm Can't remember back that far!Image
Bea
God bless America!!!
Kelly Pyron
Digital Designers
Gallery: 242

Post by Kelly Pyron »

I started digi scrapping in 2003ish. I had been a paper scrapper for several years at that time. I had to take a photoshop class in college, fell in love, and happened upon a Digital Scrapbook Site and instantly decided to put my two loves together. I still LOVE paper scrapping and won't ever give that up. It is about 50/50 for me.
Kelly Shults
{My Digital Designs} {My Blog}
RandiOh
Digital Designers
Gallery: 11

Post by RandiOh »

i never paper scrapped, but i owned a web development company with DH.. and was on the computer constantly. i did a bit of web design, mostly admin work.. and my creativity was lost and i so missed it. when we decided to adopt i hopped on the computer and started researching creating a lifebook for my baby... that was it! i couldn't believe what i was seeing.. i knew PhotoShop and it felt so right and so good. I MUST start creating LO's again.. all i do now is design, which I love love love.. but i need a page or 5 done :)

great thread!

oh and my friend who is a die-hard paper scrapper has been laughing at me telling me digi looks so flat -- she needs to touch it -- but now that her son is 18 months old, the glue and the scissors are hard to keep safe, rather have to clean up after each project. Guess who asked me just this Sunday to teach her digi scrapping... yay! :D
_____
Peace & Scrappiness,
Randi
click the blinkies for my store & blog :)
Image*Image Image
~ be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Return to “Digital Talk”