creating

Moderators: MamaK321, ACOT Employee

kchertz
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 31

creating

Post by kchertz »

Can someone out there tell me what programs can be used to design your own kits?  I would like to try doing some myself and use
what LITTLE imagination I have.  Are there certain programs?  What do I need?  Do you have to be able to draw?I know this is probably a crazy question, but I am just curious.Sorry this is in there twice - for some reason the first one did not look like it went thru so I tried again.
Blessings to ALL!
Kathryn
AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

creating

Post by AmyTeets »

To design...I would suggest Photoshop , Illustrator or PaintShopPro ;)
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

creating

Post by AnnOminous »

Raspberry Road has a freebie toolkit download.  (link to the site is over in the "Digi Freebie Sites" topic.  Scroll back in its archive for Nov 1st.) Now there are not any directions on how to recolor or what to use the stuff for.  You've got to figure that out for yourself.  And in all honesty I'm not doing too good on figuring out some of that myself!
PS_Sosa
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 90

creating

Post by PS_Sosa »

I would like to try doing some myself and use
what LITTLE imagination I have.--------------------------------------------
LOL... now that's funny!!   Good luck! All I know how to do is um... well, I was going to say recolor, but I can't always get that right!!  Oh yeah, all I know how to do is make papers (solids only) and brushes...Take a look... there are always good tutorials out there!

I know I wasn't much help BTW, but I just thought I'd give ya my "million dollar" opinion!  Also, you'd better grab that tool kit AnnOminous was talking about, I got word that Raspberry Road is going to have to start charging a small fee since she makes kits by request and publishes them everyday as freebies!! 
Elise (PS_Sosa)
I Scrap to relax!! Visit my blog: http://3sosas.blogspot.com
digiVixen
Digital Designers

creating

Post by digiVixen »

ditto what Amy said.also, if you're serious about getting into digital design then i would suggest joining DigiScrapDesigner.com.  it's $35.00 per year and there are a very good assortment of tutorials to help get you started.but be warned:  this industry is so incredibly competitive that very few designers are actually making a "normal" wage from it.  not trying to discourage you before you've even started, i just don't want you to think that it's a gold mine.good luck with it if you decide to go ahead.

kchertz
Cherry Blossom

creating

Post by kchertz »

Thanks for all the info.  I have downloaded some trial software for now to try.  I don't necessarily want to do this to make money (although that would be a bonus), I just want to try to be a little more creative and see how it is done.  Always like to learn new stuff. 
Blessings to ALL!
Kathryn
AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

creating

Post by AmyTeets »

Kathyrn, that's how I started...it's very addicting!
PS_Sosa
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 90

creating

Post by PS_Sosa »

Great advice Anita!  thank youThank you Kat for asking the question... sometimes I just need a simple stitch or an Alpha or something like that!  It's always good to know!TTFN,
Elise (PS_Sosa)
I Scrap to relax!! Visit my blog: http://3sosas.blogspot.com
Kelly Pyron
Digital Designers
Gallery: 242

creating

Post by Kelly Pyron »

Kathryn,If Photoshop is out of your budget , you can always start with Photoshop Elements (which is much less expensive).  You can move up from there if you decide it is something you want to get serious about.  Also, I believe you can download a free trial version of Photoshop Elemetns at Adobe.com.  Like Amy said it can be very addictive! :) Have fun!
Kelly Shults
{My Digital Designs} {My Blog}

Return to “Digital Talk”