Best digital scrapbooking software?

Moderators: MamaK321, ACOT Employee

Cacoon6
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Best digital scrapbooking software?

Post by Cacoon6 »

Hi Ladies!

I think I am going to take the plunge and purchase some digital scrapbooking software. I currently use Microsoft Picture It, which I enjoy but I am running out of options on it and not a lot of people use it (I don't think)

PS seems a bit too overwhelming for me, so I had two reccomendations; Poloroid Memory Maker Suite and Memory Mixer. Any one use either? I am looking for something that is user friendly and maybe some software that I can do cards too.

Thanks for any help!
~Erin

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer. :)
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Re: Best digital scrapbooking software?

Post by MamaK321 »

well I was gonna say PSE cause that is what I use, but I see you already checked it out. I seem to remember we have members who use other forms of software but I can't remember if it is one of those you mentioned.

Ohhh ladies..... help a digi chick out will ya? :-D
Image Image
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

I was going to say Photoshop Elements, too. Now keep in mind that there are two kinds of Photoshop out there: Photoshop Elements and Photoshop Creative Suite. Creative Suite is a whole lot more complicated and way more expensive than Elements. You can always download a 30 day trial version of Elements and see if you can figure it out. I've never really used any other programs for digi scrapping. I have used other programs for photo editing, but for over a decade PS, PSE and Corel Photo Paint were the only programs I used as I liked those the best.
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

I also use PS Elements and PS. I love the 30 day free trial. We can help you learn the program. I swear by it.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

sarahwhithers
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2269

Post by sarahwhithers »

My suggestion as well would be photoshop just cuz a lot of people use it and would be able to help ya out, as well it has a lot of things you can do with it.

If you're looking for something free you could always try out the GIMP program as well. Gives you quite a few options and you can get it for free :-D
Cacoon6
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Post by Cacoon6 »

Thanks ladies! :-D

I had looked at PS but didn't realize there were a couple different ones. I will check out the free trial...nothing better than free..lol!

Thanks again!
~Erin

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer. :)
Gypsymonkey
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 441

Post by Gypsymonkey »

I have PhotoShop, too, but haven't tried it yet for scrapbooking. I've been using Printmaster Platinum by Broderbund. It can make cards, banners, etc. along with scrapbook pages in a variety of sizes. It's very user friendly as both my kids know how to use it with ease.
"May you always have memories to scrap!" ~ Diana
AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 227

Post by AlwaysHappy »

I'm using Digital Scrapbook Artist. I tried Photo Shop Elements 7 and had a terrible experience with it. I then changed to DSA and love it. It's extremely user friendly. I'm a paper scrapper and just getting into some digi stuff. It cost around $49.00 and I downloaded it. The internet instructions are easy, but I prefer a paper book and you get one free unpon request when you download. It won second place in the Digital Scrapbooking Awards for software. Poloroid was first, but I noticed on it you can't select different page sizes. On mine you can select 12x12, 8x8, or you can specify a custom page size if you want. You get a free scrap kit each month or you can use downloads from other resources. I download a lot from right here at ACOT. To my knowledge, this software can do anything PSE can do. You are welcome to take a look in my gallery to see what I've done, but remember, I'm a newbie at this digital stuff. LOL I have a combination of digi and paper in my gallery. Hope you find a software that works for you.
Image ImageImage

Janedee
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 90

Post by Janedee »

I'd say Photoshop Elements too but invest in a great class, that will lessen the learning curve considerably. Jessica Sprague has some excellent classes. I wouldn't know what to do in PSE without having taken her classes.
Jane
JeanellePaige
Digital Designers
Gallery: 154

Post by JeanellePaige »

Photoshop all the way! I LOVE it! I have tried PaintShop Pro but it was too confusing for me. PS was easy for me to leanr by trial and error. I make all of my digi stuff with PS CS. Nothing you cant do with it! :inlove:
Jeanelle Paige
My Blog ~ Lots of cool stuff there!!
My Shoppe ~ Always Sales!

AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

Post by AmyTeets »

You may also want to sign up for ScrapHD.com. Their beta version is releasing this month :-D
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

I like PSE.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

I use Picture It!! But I"m still mainly a paper scrapper w/some hybrid. It's worked great for me so far... are you just needing more features?
Image Image
Firegems
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 15

Post by Firegems »

I have a friend looking into starting digital scrapbooking and I will pass this information on to her.
Firegems
scrappin44
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 54

Post by scrappin44 »

I use pse 6
ImageImage
SarahJaneGreen
Cherry Tart

Post by SarahJaneGreen »

Hi

I am new to this forum! I’ve been into digital scrapbooking for about 2 years now and recently came across Digital Scrapbook Artist by a Company called Serif and its absolutely fab! So easy to use and my friends and family love the scrapbooks and cards I have made for them. I got an email last week from them saying they have released a free version so if anyone fancies trying it, it wont cost anything and its available here.. www.daisytrail.com/dsacompact Let me know what you think! I will upload some of my scrapbooks for you to see!

SJJ
Sus79
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1714

Post by Sus79 »

I use photoshop elements 5 and I love it. It´s easy to use, and have a lot of great features, and it is easy to find tutorial to it.

Good luck on your choice of software
ImageImageImageImageImage

letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

I started using PhotoShop Elements 7 just a couple of months ago - only started doing digital scrapbooking in May of this year. I love it. Between the tutorials on this site, and a couple of freebie webinars that are available, and even some YouTube videos, I've picked up quite a bit of understanding. Still not an expert, but I am very comfortable in using it.
Laurie

Jenn Kellams
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 402

Post by Jenn Kellams »

I ditto the others here! I love PSE. THe free trial on Adobe website is for PSE 7.0 but it is very similar to other versions. Good luck!
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog
BeatrizS
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 222

Post by BeatrizS »

i too have photos hop elements 6 for mac and i love it. when i was shopping around for programs i tried gimp (which is free) and found it very complicated. Corel also has a program called paint shop pro. I never used it but know people who love it. With the elements they even have tutorials online at the adobe sight. and lots of us use it so we can help you!

Return to “Digital Talk”