We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Amberpony

Cherry Picker

External Hard Drive Sale?
 Any one out there a western Digital Hard Drive Fan? I already have 2. My Hubby is buying me another one on his way home from work today. 
Staples has the My Book Essentials additon on sale 750GB for $120 has anyone heard of a better sale this weekend?

I was hoping for a TB but I guess I was just being Greedy.
92 Memory Pages So Far In 2009
ImageImage ImageImage

Amberpony

Cherry Picker

External Hard Drive on Order
 The External hard drive is on Order. I ended up with a TB because The 750GB were sold out by the time DH got off work. DH talked Staples down to $184 out the door. Ugh I really didn't want him to spend that much but Isn't That Sweet!
ImageImage ImageImage

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

Re: External Hard Drive Sale?
 Not sure what a TB is but I have the Western Digital My Book 500GB hard drive and I like it alot!

Amberpony

Cherry Picker

MOM2SNOX wrote: Not sure what a TB is but I have the Western Digital My Book 500GB hard drive and I like it alot!

TB is twice as much as 500 GB Right now I have a 250 and a 500GB so now I can back all that up and  my Laptop.
Oh Boy Oh Boy! Someday when Staples finally gets it in. lol
ImageImage ImageImage

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

Cool! I may have to take a look at that one! Thanks for the info!

naney1952

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Good to know.....I've been wanting to get one 
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN

bamablue

Cherry Berry

circuit city has the 1TB on sale for 179...
Image Image Image

koala1966

Cherry Delight

I want a TB, but I really shouldn't spend it right now...

At work we were gunning for a Pedabyte (which is however many TB's, I guess probably 100).  But then we heard about a Yodabyte, which is so much bigger, so that's our new "pie in the sky".  :bluelol:  I love space.

scrappinchic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Aw man!  I saw that title and though for sure this would be a dirty thread.  I'm so dissapointed you guys are actually talking about computers! :?
I'm not late
Everyone else is way too on time.
0/3 for February

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I got a sale email earlier today from buy.com  It's already deleted, but I think they have a TB on sale for around $150.  Not sure what brand.

JeanneT

Cherry Bing

I know this is a stupid question, but with an external hard drive, can I use the information stored on it on another computer as long as I have the programs affiliated with the file installed on that computer?
JeanneT
Cubmaster and Proud Mother to a Tuba Playing son who is also an Eagle Scout."O God, help me to win, but in thy wisdom if thou willest me not to win, then O God, make me a good loser"
- Sir Robert Baden-Powell, Founder of the Boy Scouts

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

An external hard drive should be "plug and play".  It might not work if you take it to a older computer or a mac or vice versa.

Pegster

Sweet Cherry Pie

that sounds like a great idea.  I need one badly too and was going to inquire about them on here.
Peggy

Cherry Blossom

Thought I would jump in here and let you know about newegg.com if you have not already heard about them.
My son goes through them for laptop and desktop upgrades he is doing and commonly they ship the same day you place order. 
They have a WD 1TB for under 140.00 with free 3 day shipping to boot.  Happy hunting.

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Ok, I understand External Harddrive, but the rest is Greek to me
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

Cherry Blossom

:)

I completely understand.  WD = Western Digital and 1TB is a larger size that GB (gigabyte).
I too was confused when they first came out with that term. 

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

TB = TeraByte.  It is a unit of measure of storage space for a computer.  The basic unit of storage space is a byte. 

1000 bytes = 1 KiloByte or KB
1000 kilobytes - 1 MegaByte or MB
1000 megabytes = 1 gigabyte or GB
1000 gigabytes = 1 terabyte or TB

and I guess I'll know whatever's next whenever it hits the market in a couple of years!!

AmyTeets

Digital Designers

Here's the newegg one....I'm not sure of the brand though

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822101126
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!

Cherry Blossom

Thanks Amy!  They actually had 1TB Western Digitals for this price but are sold out.  It looks like there are good ratings on this one though. 
My Tip:  Search for reviews online before you buy to make sure you are getting what you really want/need and that you are comfortable storing your precious items on it.  If you specifically want Western Digital, since the site did have the Western Digitals at this price...maybe keep watching for them to come back into stock.

I have a question....
Does anyone have/use a HP Pocket Media drive?  Likes/dislikes?  I have capability for one on my desktop and have been trying to decide whether to get one.

Return to “Digital Talk”

Information

Moderators

MamaK321, ACOT Employee