Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Scrap a Day, September 28th
Hey Cherries. Happy birthday today to my sweet DS. DD and family will be coming over later and we’ll get take out and have cake and ice cream. In the meantime DS will be watching college football all day. Perfect birthday for him. 

I finished this layout yesterday and hope to start on another one either today or tomorrow. It’s so hard to believe that there are only a few days left in September. This month literally flew by. 

Have a great day Cherries. 

ImageImage Image Image  

traveler

Cherry Cola

Re: Scrap a Day, September 28th
Love your page Barb, and I love the journaling. 

It's rainy here today so I'm in my craft room starting a 2 pager. I doubt I'll finish it today but at least I have the concept that I'm going with.

My husband is out of town so I'm meeting a friend for dinner at a restaurant that I've been wanting to try. 

That's about it for me.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

We survived the monsoon caused by aftereffects of Helene yesterday and we are thankful for the rain! I know so many others were not, as the flooding is terrible in the states directly hit. :(   The wind was the problem here in central Ohio, with lots of people out of power, so I am thankful we have that, too!  I hope all the DC's affected by the storm are safe and have minimal damage.

DH and I are celebrating a friend's 50th birthday tonight, and of course, watching football.  Have a great weekend, Cherries!
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

wendycrowe

Cherry Bing

Barb, your page is soooo pretty!  I"ve been loving a lot of yellows lately.

I woke up early and got a lot of chores done.
I need to figure out what I want to do now....organize my scrap space, work on some of the October challenges, or take a nap...lol.

I convinced myself to get on the treadmill last night.  It took a bit, but so glad I did it.  Today and tomorrow will be a lot easier because I have the whole day to do it.

The guys are grilling steaks tonight.  I'll figure out what I want to eat - I"m not a big steak fan.  I'll probably have some chicken.

It rained all morning and it's so dreary outside.  Glad we didn't have any plans.

Have a great day!

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Jumping on here for just a second - we have no power.  There is catastrophic flooding all around us. Many dams were breached and the rivers just overflowed the banks and into everything else.

If you watch the news and see something about 50ish people being rescued off of the roof of Unicoi Hospital in Erwin - that's just right up the road from me.  I work for the same health system.  At home, we only lost 1 tree and it fell into the empty field behind us, so we are good.  My biggest concern right now is my Mom and her best friend are on their way home from Hilton Head and having to find an alternate route home as most of western North Carolina is impassable. 

I just realized that I didn't draw an August Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego challenge winner, so I will do that when I draw for September.  

Hope that everyone is safe!  I'll check in again when I can - may be Monday when I try to get to work - our power isn't expected to be restored until around 11pm Sunday night.
Rebecca

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Good morning Cherries. Love your layout Barb and happy birthday to your DS.  This morning I am working, feel like I can never catch up.  We just finished all the district testing so lots to analyze and observations start this week.  Only other plans today are laundry and nephew's birthday dinner. Really hoping to scrap tomorrow, have some more October Challenges to finish. Have a great day everyone  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Monroe1218 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:00 am
Jumping on here for just a second - we have no power.  There is catastrophic flooding all around us. Many dams were breached and the rivers just overflowed the banks and into everything else.

If you watch the news and see something about 50ish people being rescued off of the roof of Unicoi Hospital in Erwin - that's just right up the road from me.  I work for the same health system.  At home, we only lost 1 tree and it fell into the empty field behind us, so we are good.  My biggest concern right now is my Mom and her best friend are on their way home from Hilton Head and having to find an alternate route home as most of western North Carolina is impassable. 

I just realized that I didn't draw an August Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego challenge winner, so I will do that when I draw for September.  

Hope that everyone is safe!  I'll check in again when I can - may be Monday when I try to get to work - our power isn't expected to be restored until around 11pm Sunday night.
Glad you are safe but will pray for your mom and community. 

🌴Kristin  

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:41 am
We survived the monsoon caused by aftereffects of Helene yesterday and we are thankful for the rain! I know so many others were not, as the flooding is terrible in the states directly hit. :(   The wind was the problem here in central Ohio, with lots of people out of power, so I am thankful we have that, too!  I hope all the DC's affected by the storm are safe and have minimal damage.

DH and I are celebrating a friend's 50th birthday tonight, and of course, watching football.  Have a great weekend, Cherries!
Glad you are safe. This was a big one!!

🌴Kristin  

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Hi cherries! 
barb what a gorgeous layout! Love the then and now pics of JJ! Happy birthday to your ds!!! Yay for him getting to do what he likes today! 

lots and lots of rain. About 5 inches- lots of very heavy wind too but it was overnight Thursday all day and night yesterday. Still lingering winds. We are very fortunate . Praying for all the flooded people and all the damage in the aftermath of this horrible storm and so many families have been impacted by death of loved ones. 
been blah all week - don’t feel great lots of sinus headaches with all that’s going on with allergies last weekend and the storm patterns this week. Feel very blah today. Laundry is mostly done, cleaning and still ongoing painting project. Worked on that a bit this morning too. 
Over the week I worked on cleaning off my scrap table and got that done !!! Yay! I also found a great solution to my solid cardstock !!! So now I’m figuring out my stamp and die organizing. !!! 
not really sure where the rest of the day will hold for me. Happy Saturday cherries ! 

Susan

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

disneydarling wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:55 am
Barb, your page is soooo pretty!  I"ve been loving a lot of yellows lately.

I woke up early and got a lot of chores done.
I need to figure out what I want to do now....organize my scrap space, work on some of the October challenges, or take a nap...lol.

I convinced myself to get on the treadmill last night.  It took a bit, but so glad I did it.  Today and tomorrow will be a lot easier because I have the whole day to do it.

The guys are grilling steaks tonight.  I'll figure out what I want to eat - I"m not a big steak fan.  I'll probably have some chicken.

It rained all morning and it's so dreary outside.  Glad we didn't have any plans.

Have a great day!
You and Anne-Marie have been giving me incentive to get on my Slim Cycle. So I put on my music and got on it this morning for 40 minutes! I know what you mean having to push yourself to do it. But then you are happy that you did. Now to do it again tomorrow. Lol.

Oh and thank you! You have been probably been seeing all the yellows from the 3 in a Row challenge lol. That's where I got the incentive to use yellow.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Monroe1218 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:00 am

I am so sorry you were hit so hard there Rebecca and have no power. I am glad you are all safe though as well as your home. I hope your mom is able to get home safely.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

suewho372 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:52 am
Hi cherries! 
barb what a gorgeous layout! Love the then and now pics of JJ! Happy birthday to your ds!!! Yay for him getting to do what he likes today! 

lots and lots of rain. About 5 inches- lots of very heavy wind too but it was overnight Thursday all day and night yesterday. Still lingering winds. We are very fortunate . Praying for all the flooded people and all the damage in the aftermath of this horrible storm and so many families have been impacted by death of loved ones. 
been blah all week - don’t feel great lots of sinus headaches with all that’s going on with allergies last weekend and the storm patterns this week. Feel very blah today. Laundry is mostly done, cleaning and still ongoing painting project. Worked on that a bit this morning too. 
Over the week I worked on cleaning off my scrap table and got that done !!! Yay! I also found a great solution to my solid cardstock !!! So now I’m figuring out my stamp and die organizing. !!! 
not really sure where the rest of the day will hold for me. Happy Saturday cherries ! 

Thank you Susan. Wow that is a lot of rain! Glad everything is ok there for you.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

trainmom wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:23 am

It's rainy here today so I'm in my craft room starting a 2 pager. I doubt I'll finish it today but at least I have the concept that I'm going with.

My husband is out of town so I'm meeting a friend for dinner at a restaurant that I've been wanting to try. 

That's about it for me.

Thank you Louise. It's rainy here today too.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

aheatfan wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:01 am
Good morning Cherries. Love your layout Barb and happy birthday to your DS.  This morning I am working, feel like I can never catch up.  We just finished all the district testing so lots to analyze and observations start this week.  Only other plans today are laundry and nephew's birthday dinner. Really hoping to scrap tomorrow, have some more October Challenges to finish. Have a great day everyone  😊

Thank you Kristin. Sucks you have to work on Saturday! Ugh.

ImageImage Image Image  

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:05 pm
aheatfan wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:01 am

Thank you Kristin. Sucks you have to work on Saturday! Ugh. 
Turns out I can't as the county's portal is down!!  Will have to do it tomorrow. 

🌴Kristin  

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Good morning.  Must b a good date to have baby boys.  55 years ago today my younger DS was born.  It was a Sunday and DH had been out the night before with friends and was dreadfully hungover lol. Older DS was still a toddler in diapers. It was a tumultuous day.  And that sweet little cuddle bug is now a 6’4” retired policeman! Go figure. 

96 here today. Ick. Supposed to only b 89 tomorrow so think I’ll go to Lavender Festival tomorrow and just stay in and do cards again.  Been trying new technique foiling cards after embossing them instead of using the toner card fronts. That way you can use your stamps .  It actually works and looks really pretty. 

Have a simply super Saturday!! 

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:00 am
Hey Cherries. Happy birthday today to my sweet DS. DD and family will be coming over later and we’ll get take out and have cake and ice cream. In the meantime DS will be watching college football all day. Perfect birthday for him. 

I finished this layout yesterday and hope to start on another one either today or tomorrow. It’s so hard to believe that there are only a few days left in September. This month literally flew by. 

Barb, your layout is GORGEOUS!!! Love the colors! Happy birthday to your DS! Have fun celebrating tonight!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

trainmom wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:23 am

That's about it for me.
Hope the restaurant is good! Have fun playing!!!

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

GinniG wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:25 pm
pawprints wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:00 am

Barb, your layout is GORGEOUS!!! Love the colors! Happy birthday to your DS! Have fun celebrating tonight! 
Thank you Ginni!

ImageImage Image Image  

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:41 am

Laura, glad you got some rain and didn’t have any damage. Enjoy the games today and have fun at the party!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee