Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Scrap a Day, September 19th
Hey Cherries. Taking Twinkie and Sky in for a vet visit today. Twinkie is having her annual checkup and Sky just a follow up. I spent all afternoon yesterday listening to music while cutting, scoring, folding, die cutting, printing and assembling the seating cards for Maddie’s party tomorrow night. Will get back to finishing that up today when I get home.

Have a great day Cherries.

ImageImage Image Image  

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, September 19th
Good morning, Barb!  Sounds like you had a productive day yesterday!

We are headed out for a grocery run because we have other things to take care of tomorrow.  Then, home to plant a few more fall flowers and work on cleaning my craft space for next week.
    ImageImage

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hope all goes well with your pooches today, Barb!

We are headed down the road to Helena for a dermatologist appt. At least the rain has stopped and the sun is shining. Nice day for a drive. And will hit Costco too!

Got my quilting projects finished, which is good.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:34 am

We are headed out for a grocery run because we have other things to take care of tomorrow.  Then, home to plant a few more fall flowers and work on cleaning my craft space for next week.

what sort of fall flowers are you planting? I need some but I'm not really sure what I want. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

wendycrowe

Cherry Bing

Good morning!

Hope everything goes well with the furbabies.  

Went to Kohl's last night and got Jason his shirt and tie for homecoming.  Luckily, that was quick and painless..lol.

I didn't do much else.  I worked on a page and I'm stuck on embellishments.  It's photos of my daughter trying oysters for the first time.  I'd like to add a food embellishment for a challenge but there isn't much out there.  I'm drawing a complete blank.

Today is the dreaded weekly "pay the bills" day.  Hubby is going to start looking for a new job soon.  He hasn't gotten a raise in 5 years.  It's a small company, but with the cost of living increases, we just can't keep up.

We are having lasagna for dinner tonight.  Thankfully, I had one in the freezer.  

Today should be a quiet day at work.  We have quite a few new customers in, taking tours and stuff, so all the bosses are busy.  I'll be spending most of my day playing and planning out more pages...lol.

Have a great day!

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

pawprints wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:02 am
Hey Cherries. Taking Twinkie and Sky in for a vet visit today. Twinkie is having her annual checkup and Sky just a follow up. I spent all afternoon yesterday listening to music while cutting, scoring, folding, die cutting, printing and assembling the seating cards for Maddie’s party tomorrow night. Will get back to finishing that up today when I get home.

Hope the girls have good vet appts
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

trainmom wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:07 am
VickiR wrote:

what sort of fall flowers are you planting? I need some but I'm not really sure what I want.   
Just some ornamental peppers this year.  The mums I planted last year got HUGE this year!  I've never had mums this tall.  Other years I've had to replant because they didn't come back the following year.  We need rain so badly.  Our grass is burned out everywhere.  We got about 10 minutes of rain on Tuesday.

ImageImage

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

disneydarling wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:26 am
Good morning!

I didn't do much else.  I worked on a page and I'm stuck on embellishments.  It's photos of my daughter trying oysters for the first time.  I'd like to add a food embellishment for a challenge but there isn't much out there.  I'm drawing a complete blank.

How about using pearls. Little girl eating oysters to get the pearls!

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Clear blue sky and light breeze, kitchen door is open this morning for sure. But warmer every day for the next week including 5 days next week in the mid to upper 90’s. Enough already!

My sons are coming to dinner tonight. I’m making chx noodle soup. I was raised on soup with home made egg noodles and so were my kids. lol. Told them I was getting too old to make the noodles last year so both came over and I taught them how to do it. ButI guess as long as I’m able, I’ll still b the one making them.

Worked out in the flower garden in front yard yesterday. My Cosmos went wild this year 5-6 feet tall! And so heavy fell over onto the grass and kept growing! So I went out and staked and tied them up. Then came in and did a few more Christmas cards.

My sister texted this morning that she and her husband are coming down next month to see his sisters and she wants to stay with me. (She doesn’t particularly like his sisters yet even after 62 years married) Lol. My sister and her DH are both 80 and that’s a long drive from Salem OR to Sacramento CA! We’ll see if they come or not.

I probably ought to get off my duff and get something done around here. Have a terrific Thursday!

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

disneydarling wrote:
Good morning!

Went to Kohl's last night and got Jason his shirt and tie for homecoming.  Luckily, that was quick and painless..lol.

Today is the dreaded weekly "pay the bills" day.  Hubby is going to start looking for a new job soon.  He hasn't gotten a raise in 5 years.  It's a small company, but with the cost of living increases, we just can't keep up.

We are having lasagna for dinner tonight.  Thankfully, I had one in the freezer.  

Today should be a quiet day at work.  We have quite a few new customers in, taking tours and stuff, so all the bosses are busy.  I'll be spending most of my day playing and planning out more pages...lol.

Have a great day!

Maybe you could make your own embellishment by printing a small pic of oysters and fussy cutting and putting them on a tag or add some word art.
Susan

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

VickiR wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:53 pm
trainmom wrote:
VickiR wrote:

Just some ornamental peppers this year.  The mums I planted last year got HUGE this year!  I've never had mums this tall.  Other years I've had to replant because they didn't come back the following year.  We need rain so badly.  Our grass is burned out everywhere.  We got about 10 minutes of rain on Tuesday.

Beautiful! Love how big your mums got! And the peppers are really pretty pops of color! Who knew!!! Amazing!
Susan

wendycrowe

Cherry Bing

VickiR wrote:
trainmom wrote:
VickiR wrote:

ImageImageImage 
gorgeous!!!!  Love all the colors!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:02 am

Hope the appointment goes well! And have fun finishing the place cards!

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

disneydarling wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:40 pm
VickiR wrote:
trainmom wrote:

ImageImageImage 
gorgeous!!!!  Love all the colors!

Thanks...they color is sunset rose.  They had a lot more yellow in the centers when they first bloomed but it's been so dry I think its affected the color.

ImageImage

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

MTCanuk wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:04 am
Hope all goes well with your pooches today, Barb!

We are headed down the road to Helena for a dermatologist appt. At least the rain has stopped and the sun is shining. Nice day for a drive. And will hit Costco too!

Got my quilting projects finished, which is good.

Yay for completing your quilting! Hope you have a safe drive and all goes well at the dermatologist.

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

suewho372 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:25 pm
VickiR wrote:
trainmom wrote:

ImageImageImage 

Beautiful! Love how big your mums got! And the peppers are really pretty pops of color! Who knew!!! Amazing! 
Thanks, Susan.  It's hard to tell in the photos but they are a good 2-3 feet high.

ImageImage

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

disneydarling wrote:
Good morning!

Have a great day!

Wendy, yay for finding what Jason needed so easily! Enjoy your quiet day too! Good luck to your DH finding a new job too!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:
trainmom wrote:
VickiR wrote:

Vicki, your flowers are so pretty!!! Hope you get some good soaking rain soon!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Charleneanne wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:55 pm
Clear blue sky and light breeze, kitchen door is open this morning for sure. But warmer every day for the next week including 5 days next week in the mid to upper 90’s. Enough already!

My sons are coming to dinner tonight. I’m making chx noodle soup. I was raised on soup with home made egg noodles and so were my kids. lol. Told them I was getting too old to make the noodles last year so both came over and I taught them how to do it. ButI guess as long as I’m able, I’ll still b the one making them.

Worked out in the flower garden in front yard yesterday. My Cosmos went wild this year 5-6 feet tall! And so heavy fell over onto the grass and kept growing! So I went out and staked and tied them up. Then came in and did a few more Christmas cards.

My sister texted this morning that she and her husband are coming down next month to see his sisters and she wants to stay with me. (She doesn’t particularly like his sisters yet even after 62 years married) Lol. My sister and her DH are both 80 and that’s a long drive from Salem OR to Sacramento CA! We’ll see if they come or not.

I probably ought to get off my duff and get something done around here. Have a terrific Thursday!

Yay for having door open and getting fresh air!!! That is a long trip for your sister and her husband! I love that your boys come visit so much! What a wonderful blessing!!! I wish Steve’s sons were more attentive…

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I did too much yesterday. Lol! I went over to the house and added my latest layouts and the 2 containers that I missed the first time. Probably about 400 layouts in all!!! I won’t be doing that to myself again! Then I was able to put all of second oldest grandson’s layouts into albums! Finished one and started another one! Steve helped me move all the stacks into the living room from the dining room and then we moved the table. It was a LOT heavier than I expected! But we got it done and are really happy with our plan for a small table in that corner for coffee and breakfast in the mornings. The view is SOOOO much better since the new neighbors cut their beach trees down!!!

I could tell immediately that I was going to be stiff and sore so I went straight to our sauna bag and put some Voltaren on the sore spots. Then when we ate dinner I took some Advil. I’m still a bit sore today but nowhere near what it could be!!

Today is town day. We will leave in awhile. If I have energy after we get home I want Steve ti help me get the rest of the albums from the bookcase and see what have there. Then I can start finishing this project!

Hope you all have an awesome day!!!!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee