Hold me accountable LOL

Moderator: ACOT Employee

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1399

Hold me accountable LOL

Post by scrappinmom99 »

So I am notorious for doing layouts and never finishing albums. I have literal boxes of layouts that need albums, but albums are so $$$ and my Michaels closed several years ago, so it's not even like I can go pick some up on sale and not have to have them shipped. I have I would say 100s if not 1000 layouts that need homes. We moved here 14 years ago and there are still layouts in the moving boxes in the closet. Erg...LOL! And I have a few 12x12 albums that still have space (travel, 90s, school, DD's friends album, Halloween, a few others) so I am trying to do pages for those albums that can be put away right away. The other chronological/family ones are full. So you can imagine the hot mess all of this is. So one solution is to switch to 8x11 where DH can bring home all the binders in all the sizes I want. He has done that for the "special" albums (the pandemic, recipes, pics with Santa). So having said all that...I came across a set of 22 pictures from 2000 when we took DS to see Santa at Macy's. My goal is to start and finish this album before Christmas. 22 pictures doesn't seem so much...but I get distracted easily lol. So I'm going public and asking you guys to help keep me accountable LOL! And if you guys have ideas about albums / organization / not hoarding lol...I'd love to hear that too!

pictures done: 1/22

This is the first layout I've done for it. 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 340

Re: Hold me accountable LOL

Post by Flasher »

I'll be here to crack that whip for ya!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

VickiR
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1454

Post by VickiR »

Such a cute LO Anne-Marie. I would be of no help because I have a dozen 12 x 12 Iris boxes full of Los that need a home. And that’s not counting the albums that are already full. We visited my BIL and wife in August and she has all of her LOs in albums and labled with the year in chronological order. I was so jealous. She won’t start a new LO unless the one she finished is put in an album.
    ImageImage
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Laura wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:09 pm

I knew I could count on you! 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3755

Post by blbabe1234 »

Laura wrote:

This reminds me of when Mildred had to use a whip on me and a couple of naughty cherries. 😂 😂

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

VickiR wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:26 pm
Such a cute LO Anne-Marie. I would be of no help because I have a dozen 12 x 12 Iris boxes full of Los that need a home. And that’s not counting the albums that are already full. We visited my BIL and wife in August and she has all of her LOs in albums and labled with the year in chronological order. I was so jealous. She won’t start a new LO unless the one she finished is put in an album.

Oh wow! She is super organized!

None of my 12x12 albums are in any shape or form...considered in order. Each nephew has an album (Draven has 2), and other than the first couple of pages (hospital photos), nothing else is in order. The only albums that are truly "chronological" are my mini albums. Like the Shed Album that showcases the progress of DH's work on his shed.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 340

Post by Flasher »

All I can think when I read posts like this is . . .

Thank goodness I never tried to scrap chronologically!  I'm perfectly content seeing my daughter's graduation on one page, then my son's 5th birthday on the next, and then baby Flasher on the next!  I like the whimsy!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

VickiR wrote:

Thanks! You know, surprisingly this makes me feel better - less alone at least lol. (I need to get more Iris boxes...) Although I wish I could channel some of your SIL's focus and energy. Dh would be like that. Maybe we can start an organizational project...once baseball season is over though. I don't have that kind of energy right now LOL!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:40 pm
Laura wrote:

This reminds me of when Mildred had to use a whip on me and a couple of naughty cherries. 😂 😂

Haha! I love it!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:45 pm
VickiR wrote:

Oh wow! She is super organized!

None of my 12x12 albums are in any shape or form...considered in order. Each nephew has an album (Draven has 2), and other than the first couple of pages (hospital photos), nothing else is in order. The only albums that are truly "chronological" are my mini albums. Like the Shed Album that showcases the progress of DH's work on his shed. 

Well...the chronological ones are kinda chronological in my head... And then where do we put all these albums? I think we'd need another IKEA Kallix system!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Laura wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:49 pm

Thank goodness I never tried to scrap chronologically!  I'm perfectly content seeing my daughter's graduation on one page, then my son's 5th birthday on the next, and then baby Flasher on the next!  I like the whimsy!

Yeah, sometimes I get caught up and stymied by, like, omg what album should I put this in? I have quite a lot of "random" theme layouts that are also just not in albums. 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:54 pm
Laura wrote:

Yeah, sometimes I get caught up and stymied by, like, omg what album should I put this in? I have quite a lot of "random" theme layouts that are also just not in albums.  
Create a random album. I have one of those. When something doesn't fit with my Dog or Cat albums....or a particular nephew....or Christmas....it goes into a "random" album.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image
VALERIE 03/22
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 478

Post by VALERIE 03/22 »

I AM CAUGHT UP FOR THE MOMENT................... BY ALL MEANS MINE ARE NOT IN ANY ORDER EITHER................. I TRIED BUT GOT LOST SOMEWHERE ALONG THE LINE AND MY ALBUMS ARE NOT LABELED EITHER............... WOULDN'T KNOW WHERE TO START WITH LABELING AS THEY HAVE SO MANY DIFFERENT PIC'S IN THEM..................... I DO HOWEVER HAVE THE GRANKIDS ONE'S IN SOME KIND OF ORDER THAT IS..................... HEHEHEHE BUT I WOULD BE WILLING TO HELP YOU ANYWAY I CAN.................... EVEN IF IT'S CRACKING THAT WHIP....................... HEHEHEHEHEHE SO PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON HOW YOU DO AND IF YOU NEED HELP OF ANYKIND..................... VALERIE

P.S. I STILL HAVE ANOTHER 280 PICS THAT NEED TO BE DEVELOPED WHICH COMES OUT TO ABOUT 65 LO'S FOR ME AND MOST OF MINE ARE 2 PAGE LO'S SOME MORE......................... UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:58 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:54 pm
Laura wrote:

Create a random album. I have one of those. When something doesn't fit with my Dog or Cat albums....or a particular nephew....or Christmas....it goes into a "random" album.

Now you're cooking with gas (as my old boss used to say)! 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
SandyJay
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 579

Post by SandyJay »

OKAY, today is the 5th!  Where is your next page???  

I am scrapping 2007 for my 3 kids.  However, I have started making albums by year(s) because I do scrap out of sequence, since a lot of these challenges make me say “oh, that time we went here”, or a photo of the kids that fits a holiday”. Plus, I don’t like to have all that pressure on scrapping all those photos in order.  I like a little chaos in my life.  Easily distracted?  Yep!  But, it makes scrapping MORE fun for me.  I agree with Kim. Do create a different misc. album(s).  I also like the carefree pages of one season on one page, then another different time/person on another page.  It depends on your personality. 

Set small obtainable goals, keep a list if it helps.  Have a goal of getting 1 or 2 albums a month and getting your pages into them, perhaps? 

I have lots of other pages organized by a cluster of years until I get them into albums.  I purchased plastic page protectors off of Amazon and from Michael’s at one time.  I will share a photo.  
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:05 pm
I AM CAUGHT UP FOR THE MOMENT................... BY ALL MEANS MINE ARE NOT IN ANY ORDER EITHER................. I TRIED BUT GOT LOST SOMEWHERE ALONG THE LINE AND MY ALBUMS ARE NOT LABELED EITHER............... WOULDN'T KNOW WHERE TO START WITH LABELING AS THEY HAVE SO MANY DIFFERENT PIC'S IN THEM..................... I DO HOWEVER HAVE THE GRANKIDS ONE'S IN SOME KIND OF ORDER THAT IS..................... HEHEHEHE BUT I WOULD BE WILLING TO HELP YOU ANYWAY I CAN.................... EVEN IF IT'S CRACKING THAT WHIP....................... HEHEHEHEHEHE SO PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON HOW YOU DO AND IF YOU NEED HELP OF ANYKIND..................... VALERIE

P.S. I STILL HAVE ANOTHER 280 PICS THAT NEED TO BE DEVELOPED WHICH COMES OUT TO ABOUT 65 LO'S FOR ME AND MOST OF MINE ARE 2 PAGE LO'S SOME MORE......................... UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You are caught up? Please send me some mojo LOL! I am actually working on old, pre-digital pictures because they are already printed out. I have 1000s of photos over the years to print out. I should make that a priority too. It's a never-ending cycle. My phone is so slow right now because I have so many pictures on it. This is another of my "once baseball season is over" projects...back up and print out some photos!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”