Scissors

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Breauxlabs
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 826

Scissors

Post by Breauxlabs »

Can we talk about scissors? I lost my favorite pair of scissors this week…. I’ve searched this bus up and down and cannot find them. I was using Close to My Heart scissors - they were very comfortable, non stick so that I could cut stickers, foam…with no issue. I’m looking at these but no reviews…. What do you use and love?

https://www.acherryontop.com/shop/searc ... ellbinders

Kim Breaux
ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1421

Re: Scissors

Post by VickiR »

I have so many different ones, but my "go to" scissors for precision and cutting foam tape are the yellow Cutter Bee.  I bought them 18 years ago and they are still sharp and my favorite pair.  I have TH, Stampin' Up, WRMK, Couture Creations too but always pick up the Cutter Bee first.

Last edited by VickiR on Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ImageImage
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 789

Post by stinkerbelle »

i'm with Vicki.  i have 3 pairs of the Cutterbees (one that is non-stick called Honeybees i believe) and have had them all for probably 20 years.  they're my favorites and even though i do have other scissors, those are the ones i reach for.

i'm not even sure if they're still in production, but i've heard that you can sometimes find them at Dollar General of all places.  (i never have though)
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

stinkerbelle wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:18 pm
i'm with Vicki.  i have 3 pairs of the Cutterbees (one that is non-stick called Honeybees i believe) and have had them all for probably 20 years.  they're my favorites and even though i do have other scissors, those are the ones i reach for.

i'm not even sure if they're still in production, but i've heard that you can sometimes find them at Dollar General of all places.  (i never have though)
Yes!  They were the non stick and that was the main reason that I bought them.  I'm not sure that they advertise them that way now.  I like the pink ones too, but the original pair are my very favorite.

ImageImage
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb

Post by stinkerbelle »

they're not sold here at ACOT, although i did find these but not sure if they're remotely the same thing.  i will add that google is your friend  ;)
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb

Post by stinkerbelle »

VickiR wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:20 pm
stinkerbelle wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:18 pm

Yes!  They were the non stick and that was the main reason that I bought them.  I'm not sure that they advertise them that way now.  I like the pink ones too, but the original pair are my very favorite.

i have a yellow and a pink, then the non-stick ones which are also yellow.  i remember buying the pink ones at walmart and being so excited lol

*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb

Post by stinkerbelle »

i watched a video and the person was raving about these by Uniquely Creative.  no personal experience with them though and they're not non-stick
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
Breauxlabs
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 826

Post by Breauxlabs »

I used to have the yellow ones at one time in life! Next time I find a pair I love I’m buying 5, haha! 

I’m not scissorless by any means….just don’t love any of these. 

I’m going to look at the cutterbee! 
Kim Breaux
ImageImage
Kelly R.
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 87

Post by Kelly R. »

I have the 4 different  sizes of the We are Maker's scissors.  I bought them awhile back at Tuesday Morning for a steal.  

I haven't heard of non stick scissors before.  I'm  definitely going to look into that. 
:) Kelly 
VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

I have one yellow, two pink and a gray pair that is supposed to be non stick, but they aren't! 
    ImageImage
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2475

Post by joannie »

I love my Tim Holtz scissors 💗
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”