Scrap a Day, July 25th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1057

Scrap a Day, July 25th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. It was a long exhausting day yesterday. I didn’t get home until around 8:00 last night. It was a very nice service and after the cemetery we all went to a restaurant. Then I spent some time with my mom. She was ok. This was a very nice man who was a companion to her a few years after my dad had passed. He had lost his wife a few years before. He had taken her many places and was good to her and good for her. He got sick a few years ago and was in a nursing facility the past few years. He remained a very special person to her. She was treated very special at his service by his daughters. They said she was family. So it was an emotional day at times and a long day. He is resting in peace now.

Today I have a follow up appointment with Sky at the vet. The humidity has been horrible. The last few days have had no sun just clouds and horrible humidity all day. More of the same today. When I get home I need to catch up here on the boards and then hope to get in my scrap room. It will be good to get out of the humidity and spend the rest of the day in the a/c.

Have a great day Cherries.

Image Image Image

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1416

Re: Scrap a Day, July 25th

Post by VickiR »

pawprints wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:14 am
Hey Cherries. It was a long exhausting day yesterday. I didn’t get home until around 8:00 last night. It was a very nice service and after the cemetery we all went to a restaurant. Then I spent some time with my mom. She was ok. This was a very nice man who was a companion to her a few years after my dad had passed. He had lost his wife a few years before. He had taken her many places and was good to her and good for her. He got sick a few years ago and was in a nursing facility the past few years. He remained a very special person to her. She was treated very special at his service by his daughters. They said she was family. So it was an emotional day at times and a long day. He is resting in peace now.

Today I have a follow up appointment with Sky at the vet. The humidity has been horrible. The last few days have had no sun just clouds and horrible humidity all day. More of the same today. When I get home I need to catch up here on the boards and then hope to get in my scrap room. It will be good to get out of the humidity and spend the rest of the day in the a/c.

So very nice that your mom was recognized by her friend's family.  My mom went through the same and I am thankful for it.  Hugs to you and your mom for the long and emotional day.  Hope you get to relax after Sky's vet visit.

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1416

Post by VickiR »

It is extremely humid here again today too.  Hopefully clearing out today with a pleasant day tomorrow.  Looking forward to seeing Traveler/Louise and lilkoala3/Leslie tomorrow at CKC.  It should be a fun day.  Not much doing here today.  We will stop in to see our grandkids before they head out for a week at OBX.  Then I am getting my August craft projects in order.
traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 770

Post by traveler »

Very humid here as well. I'm just scrapping and doing errands today. I'm already organized for shopping at CKC tomorrow, looking forward to seeing Vicki and Leslie and whoever else tomorrow.

Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3731

Post by blbabe1234 »

pawprints wrote:

Glad you're Mom is doing okay and she was treated with respect by his daughters. Continuous hugs to her.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

VickiR wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:26 am
It is extremely humid here again today too.  Hopefully clearing out today with a pleasant day tomorrow.  Looking forward to seeing Traveler/Louise and lilkoala3/Leslie tomorrow at CKC.  It should be a fun day.  Not much doing here today.  We will stop in to see our grandkids before they head out for a week at OBX.  Then I am getting my August craft projects in order.

How exciting! Tell them we all said HELLO AND y'all must take a picture together and share with us all!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

trainmom wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:35 am
Very humid here as well. I'm just scrapping and doing errands today. I'm already organized for shopping at CKC tomorrow, looking forward to seeing Vicki and Leslie and whoever else tomorrow.

Have fun tomorrow! Make sure y'all take a group photo!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries. A little less hectic today as my SIL is going solo today with the kiddos. I think she and the boys have finally gotten into a routine now that Jasper is in school too. Each day, the teacher gives the parents' an update on the child. Progress and what have you. Especially if your child is listed as "special needs". There's like 5 items, can't remember them all but one was "completed daily work". Jasper's teacher wrote "yes" for both Monday and Tuesday but YESTERDAY is stated "Yes! Completed independently!" How exciting that he's trying to do things himself. LOVE IT!

Just another day working. I've already washed towels and put them away. Haven't really started on work, emails are taken up my time. See me doing that the rest of the morning.

Hope y'all have a great day.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 538

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

pawprints wrote:

You're such a good daughter for taking care of your mom like this, Barb! Hugs!
I hope you avoid the humidity and enjoy the time in the AC! It's humid here, too! Bleh! 😂
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:

So great you are getting together with other Cherries tomorrow! 😊
Enjoy your day! ☺️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

trainmom wrote:

😊 Too cool that y'all get to meet up tomorrow! Have fun getting everything together! ☺️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:09 am
Good morning cherries. A little less hectic today as my SIL is going solo today with the kiddos. I think she and the boys have finally gotten into a routine now that Jasper is in school too. Each day, the teacher gives the parents' an update on the child. Progress and what have you. Especially if your child is listed as "special needs". There's like 5 items, can't remember them all but one was "completed daily work". Jasper's teacher wrote "yes" for both Monday and Tuesday but YESTERDAY is stated "Yes! Completed independently!" How exciting that he's trying to do things himself. LOVE IT!

Just another day working. I've already washed towels and put them away. Haven't really started on work, emails are taken up my time. See me doing that the rest of the morning.

LOVE that the boys are doing so well in school, Brandy! Especially Jasper! 😊
Don't work too hard today! Lol unless maybe you can work less tomorrow? 😉☺️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊
I'm still having coffee, watching my sister's gardening channel. (Tomatoes Poppies and Everything Gardening on YouTube) I'm learning! Lol I want my thumbs to be greener! 😂
I've been making those pesky adulting phone calls and I know I'm gonna scrap today. (I'm ALMOST finished with something! Lol!) I've been slow scrappin' this month! I can't believe it's ALMOST August and I have so MUCH more I want to do!
Not much else going on! Stay blessed, Cherries! ☺️
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1504

Post by Charleneanne »

Well temps on the way down. Barely expected to break 100 today. Delta breeze working its way inland and doing its magic.

Nothing today except chiropractor this afternoon. Been a hot busy week and I’m kind of wishing I hadn’t agreed to go to county fair in the foothills with neighbors tomorrow. Oh well lol

Have a terrific Thursday
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2075

Post by MTCanuk »

Just finished PT and home icing. Then will head back out for groceries. My sister arrives this evening if all flights connect!!!

We had a scorcher of a day yesterday of 104*. A little relief today- 96*. I am patiently waiting for tomorrow with highs only in the 80’s! The wind has picked up and we are also in a fire watch.

Otherwise pretty low key day. Get groceries put away, then I can craft. Have a couple layouts I want to get uploaded.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

VickiR wrote:

Oh how awesome for the three of you to be meeting up! Have a great time at CKC together!

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

trainmom wrote:

So fun for the three of you! Have a great time!

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:09 am

My heart melted reading that. He is an amazing little boy.

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

MTCanuk wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:01 pm
Just finished PT and home icing. Then will head back out for groceries. My sister arrives this evening if all flights connect!!!

We had a scorcher of a day yesterday of 104*. A little relief today- 96*. I am patiently waiting for tomorrow with highs only in the 80’s! The wind has picked up and we are also in a fire watch.

Otherwise pretty low key day. Get groceries put away, then I can craft. Have a couple layouts I want to get uploaded.
How exciting your sister is coming to visit! Enjoy your time with her!

Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”