We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Scrap a Day, July 7th
Hey Cherries. I’m going to a christening this afternoon. It is headed for 90 today and extremely humid out. I don’t think all the mousse, hair gel, and extra hold hairspray I am going to use is going to keep this from being a bad hair day, but I am going to pile it on. I’m going to try and get step #1 of the progressive challenge done before I go as I have been trying to get it done all week and haven’t had time.

Hope you all have a great day.

ImageImage Image Image  

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, July 7th
pawprints wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:15 am
Hey Cherries. I’m going to a christening this afternoon. It is headed for 90 today and extremely humid out. I don’t think all the mousse, hair gel, and extra hold hairspray I am going to use is going to keep this from being a bad hair day, but I am going to pile it on. I’m going to try and get step #1 of the progressive challenge done before I go as I have been trying to get it done all week and haven’t had time.

☺️ Good luck getting that step 1 done, Barb, and have a good time at the christening! Hopefully your hair behaves! 😉

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊
Happy Monday! 😊 I think I got everything done that was due today lol I've been crafting and staying off my foot as much as I can! I think I'm gonna hang out and make cards today! I NEED to make some birthday cards for sure! I'd like to make some "just because" cards too. We'll see. I tend to get distracted when I get all my materials out! 😂
Nothing else going on today. It's nice enough outside to have the door open and I'm gonna go sit on the porch for a little bit. Before it gets too hot!
Stay blessed, Cherries! 😊

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

pawprints wrote:

This made me chuckle and think of the "big hair" days.  Hope the event is air conditioned!

ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:22 am
Hey Cherries 😊
Happy Monday! 😊 I think I got everything done that was due today lol I've been crafting and staying off my foot as much as I can! I think I'm gonna hang out and make cards today! I NEED to make some birthday cards for sure! I'd like to make some "just because" cards too. We'll see. I tend to get distracted when I get all my materials out! 😂
Nothing else going on today. It's nice enough outside to have the door open and I'm gonna go sit on the porch for a little bit. Before it gets too hot!
Glad you accomplished lots of crafting.  I missed what happened to your foot but hope it feels better soon.

ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Another day of hot, hot, hot.  The temp is pushing 90 already.  Supposedly less humid today, but I'll never know since I'm not leaving the house!  LOL! Another good day to craft.
    ImageImage

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:

Enjoy your christening! Hope you can get your hair under control!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Hey Cherries 😊
I think you’re a day ahead! It’s only Sunday in my neck of the woods. Happy crafting!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:10 am
Another day of hot, hot, hot.  The temp is pushing 90 already.  Supposedly less humid today, but I'll never know since I'm not leaving the house!  LOL! Another good day to craft.

Hope you can stay cool. Headed our way mid week!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Just doing my exercises. Keep moving forward.

Slept like a log last night in my own bed. I was tired. Busiest week I’ve had since surgery. We need to finish emptying out the camper and I should launder the sheets. We shall see how far I get!

Got ribs out for dinner. Need to get them in the crockpot. Going to heat up here mid week with temps climbing to near 100*. The crockpot becomes my friend.

Hope to play in my craft space. Finally got the challenges written down and sketches printed off.

Happy Sunday and stay cool!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

MTCanuk wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:33 am
VickiR wrote:

Hope you can stay cool. Headed our way mid week!   

Hope it's not too bad for you!  Glad you are doing well.

ImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Good morning cherries. We are no longer in Beryl's cone and she will make landfall about 130 miles NE of me a little after midnight. Which means, we can start feeling TS force winds this afternoon and if get rain..it'll be an inch or so. Works for me. With her in the Gulf, we are finally looking at a nice, comfortable day. Woke up to 76 degrees (better than 85 at 6am). And our high will only be 89 or 90. I'm excited! Took a hurricane to drop our 100+ degree temps down to decent. I'm good with that. It'll be short-lived, but still...nice to get a break from the heat.

I did a load of laundry earlier and made breakfast. Now I'm scrapping until time to make dinner since we no longer need to prep for a hurricane.

Did this for Sketch with a Twist Challenge.

Hope y'all have a great day!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Home from a very special church service. My pastor since I was 5 years old was preaching, because our pastor is on vacation.  He retired about 7 years ago (at the age of 82!)  It has been hard getting used to, first an interim pastor, and now our new pastor.  I like her a lot, but it just isn't the same.  Listening to Reverend Johnson was like going back home.  I got teary just watching how much passion he puts into his sermons at 89 years old!  Still very eloquent and lively, too.  

Stay blessed, cherries!
Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

pawprints wrote:

Good luck with your hair, Barb.  lol  I think all my summer days are bad hair days.

Laura
 Image    Image         

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Hi Cherries!
Started out in the scrappy room- have paper and photos on the desk for 2 layouts!
Popped in at church as I’ve been busy with the house projects and only been doing online for a few weeks- on hold for worship team so I can get the projects done!
Anyways back- played with pups. I just had Lunch so I am ready to go back to my scrappy spot. It’s not too hot here which is a plus - high 80s low humidity! I will take it
Susan

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

pawprints wrote:

Have fun! Hope you get your step 1 done too!
You made me laugh on the humidity and your hair. We have lots of high humidity all the time. I get it! Good luck
Susan

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Hey Cherries 😊

Love you, Holly, but it is Sunday!  :)   It feels like Monday, since the 4th was on Thursday, so I get it!  Glad you have been staying off your foot and I hope you get your cards made.

Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

VickiR wrote:
Haha!  Yes, staying indoors you will not have to be concerned about heat and humidity!  

Laura
 Image    Image         

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:40 am
Good morning cherries. We are no longer in Beryl's cone and she will make landfall about 130 miles NE of me a little after midnight. Which means, we can start feeling TS force winds this afternoon and if get rain..it'll be an inch or so. Works for me. With her in the Gulf, we are finally looking at a nice, comfortable day. Woke up to 76 degrees (better than 85 at 6am). And our high will only be 89 or 90. I'm excited! Took a hurricane to drop our 100+ degree temps down to decent. I'm good with that. It'll be short-lived, but still...nice to get a break from the heat.
So glad that the storm won’t hit you guys directly! And take advantage of those wonder temps for you in July !!! Whooo!
Awww I love your sweet Jackson layout ! It is the cutest!
I did a load of laundry earlier and made breakfast. Now I'm scrapping until time to make dinner since we no longer need to prep for a hurricane.

Did this for Sketch with a Twist Challenge.

Hope y'all have a great day!

So glad you won’t get hit directly!!!! Take advantage of those fantastic temps for you in July! Wow!
Such a sweet layout of Jackson! I love that word art and your design is great!
Susan

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

MTCanuk wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:38 am
Just doing my exercises. Keep moving forward.

Slept like a log last night in my own bed. I was tired. Busiest week I’ve had since surgery. We need to finish emptying out the camper and I should launder the sheets. We shall see how far I get!

Got ribs out for dinner. Need to get them in the crockpot. Going to heat up here mid week with temps climbing to near 100*. The crockpot becomes my friend.

Hope to play in my craft space. Finally got the challenges written down and sketches printed off.

Happy Sunday and stay cool!

Glad you got a good night's sleep!  Cleaning up after a camping trip is always the least fun part of it.  Yes, crockpot meals are the best when it is hot outside!

Laura
 Image    Image         

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee