Scrap a Day, July 5th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1055

Scrap a Day, July 5th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. I have a nail appointment today then have to stop on the way home to pick up a gift for a christening I am going to on Sunday. Then home to work on getting my graphic design challenge up and still working on closing out last months challenges.

Have a great day Cherries.

Image Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2350

Re: Scrap a Day, July 5th

Post by Art_Teacher »

Enjoy your nail appointment, Barb!  :)  I have to run errands in town, then back to my scrappy space, I hope!  Still hot and sticky outside...we got more rain yesterday, and it is going to be in the mid-80's.  
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2474

Post by emmapaige »

My stepdaughter is on her way down and is picking up pizza. Not sure if her DD or DH are coming. They three of them went to Hershey PA last night to see the Justin Timblerlake concert. I'm going to start working on a layout before she gets here and hope to finish once she leaves. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 956

Post by suewho372 »

Hi Cherries!

Barb have a relaxing time !! 
Chris I hope you have a good visit and get to play in your scrappy space!

I have been getting scrappy this morning ! I am a bit tired- fireworks were crazy then when that stopped we had thunderstorms.... the puppies were not impressed with either. They are snoozing like crazy still .... I personally like to sleep during rain and thunderstorms but they don't and so I don't. I need to curl up with one of them and sleep ! LOL
I have only about 35of a wall of wallpaper that still needs to be taken down. it is behind the toilet and sink..... so 
acrobatics will be involved. I may do that now.  So ready to have that done!!!!! 
I hope you have a great day-- I am happy to have another day off work!!! It is wonderful!!!

Susan

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3720

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries. Was planning on having a nice, quiet day at home - groceries and then scrappy time but Beryl has decided she really wants to visit South Texas. 😐  At first, it looked like she wanted to take a tour of our coast and "hug" it. No thanks girlfriend. I do not like hugs from Hurricanes. But now, as of the 10am update, cone is a little smaller, and it really all depends on what kind of mood she's in. Our waters are massively HOT (avg is 80 to 83 degrees but we've been running between 84 and 87 😜 ). So strengthening is a given. We want a weaker storm, but that means we'd be on the dirty side (it moves south). But if it keeps moving up North, stronger storm but we're spared and on the clean side. Forecast should be a bit better tonight or early tomorrow morning. All we can do is prepare.

Went to the store at 7:30 and luckily, early enough to beat any and all crowds. Got everything I needed and was home by 8:10. Put groceries away, ate a small breakfast and then decided to get started on laundry. Already cleaned bathrooms and swept/mopped floors. I'll also cycle through our storm shutters to make sure they all go up/down. Normally we do that around Memorial Day but with DH's surgery AND babysitting because of Jasper's procedure, didn't do it. Then toss in the garage project, flooding due to TS Alberto, just haven't had the time. Speaking of which, DH is still working on the drainage issue for the back. Last thing we need is Beryl to do something stupid, like "sit and spin" and dump a bunch of rain on us. We got 10 inches from Alberto in less than 48 hrs. Our ground cannot hold much water.

I did get this done yesterday for MMC #1.

Maybe I can still scrap later this afternoon, who knows. Trying to tackle all the inside prep as I know DH will take care of most of the outside prep.

TTYL cherries!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3720

Post by blbabe1234 »

suewho372 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:27 pm
Hi Cherries!

I have been getting scrappy this morning ! I am a bit tired- fireworks were crazy then when that stopped we had thunderstorms.... the puppies were not impressed with either. They are snoozing like crazy still .... I personally like to sleep during rain and thunderstorms but they don't and so I don't. I need to curl up with one of them and sleep ! LOL
I have only about 35of a wall of wallpaper that still needs to be taken down. it is behind the toilet and sink..... so 
acrobatics will be involved. I may do that now.  So ready to have that done!!!!! 
I hope you have a great day-- I am happy to have another day off work!!! It is wonderful!!!

((HUGS)) Susan. I'm so sorry you and pups were hit TWICE! Fireworks AND storms! EEEK! Glad they are snoozin'

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1791

Post by CarrieG »

geez what a long HOT week it has been here but we are being blessed with it only being in the 80's today--july cold front..LOL  we also got a big ol dump of rain this morning--which will happen when we are so hot for so many days....
we did nothing for the 4th  just hid in the AC..lol

I've been working on a layout here and there....hoping to finish it today....
I haven't even looked at the new challenges yet...oyyyyyyy

I hope everyone has a great day!
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

Jeez. 97 degrees already and not even noon. But I do have to go out and run a couple small errands today. Hope everyone in the hurricanes path stays safe.

No freaky Friday vibes today. Stay cool and scrap on
traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 760

Post by traveler »

I went to the eye doctor this morning and they dilated my eyes so I'm staying indoors until they get back to normal. I've been scrapping with the lights off which worked fine today, usually I like all the lights on. 

We had a nice 4th of July yesterday.Zach was away for a couple of days and he came back today but then he's leaving again. 

Not much else going on here. Be careful those of you with the extreme heat.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2474

Post by emmapaige »

We had a nice visit with my stepdaughter and our DGD, Paige. Paige sent up a separate album on my phone and she's dropping lots of photos for me to scrap. My other granddaughter (Emma) hardly ever posts any photos so I'm happy to have Paige's photos. I'm going to ask if she can set up an album, too. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1401

Post by VickiR »

The weather is brutal today.  It's currently 94 degrees and very humid.  DH and I did a grocery run and stopped at the PO before 10.  We're having fried green tomatoes for dinner and I can't wait.  First time this summer.  Did a bit of crafting and started another challenge project.  Stay cool and have a good weekend cherries!
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1374

Post by scrappinmom99 »

It's so hot and muggy here today. I'm just trying to catch up on copy editing sitting in front of the fan at my desk. DD is right now prepping veggies to make udong noodles with veggies.

*****OMG YOU GUYS!!! As I was typing this update, I got an email that I WON 2 TIX TO THE HARRY POTTER & THE CURSED CHILD PLAY ON BROADWAY!!! This was my first time doing the lottery and it took Aisling about a year to win tix to the same show --- that was on June 26 and I couldn't go because I was working!! I really didn't expect to win tix my first try!! This is the universe rewarding me for not being a big baby that I couldn't go with her when she won LOL! Now she gets to go twice!! OMG OMG OMG!!! It's a 3 hour play and she said it's amazing! I already can't wait!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 530

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

☺️ So MANY good things going on with the Cherries! ☺️ I LOVE it! ☺️☺️ I JUST wish it wasn't so hot, too, but I don't want to press my luck thereN 😂
I had a great 4th of July! ☺️ *I did have an issue with the pool ladder and kinda hurt my ankle when I got to the top and jumped into the pool, then had issues getting out of the pool but had a wonderful tike playing with the kiddos and that's what's important!* (I've been MORE motivated to take better care of myself lately and I am feeling like I've been coming out of my depression! Good things!) Overall it was a wonderful time with the family, the ones that could make it, and I'm grateful for being blessed with a wonderful family! 😍 My heart is very full!
Today I am resting my foot, Been reading the Bible and texting with my bestie and I think I'm going to work on some scrapbooking and maybe watch a little TV or some arts and crafts shows on YouTube. I slept in late today but we got home late LOL it was a good time!
Stay blessed my dear Cherry friends! :-) 😍
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2350

Post by Art_Teacher »

I picked some wildflowers at the little farm down the road from my house after running my errands.  Came home and did some laundry and managed to finish 2 layouts:

For the July Title Challenge:

Image  Image
For the July Double Page Challenge combined with the Grab 5 Challenge:

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

suewho372 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:27 pm
Hi Cherries!

Lol we had thunderstorms too and I slept good! Good job making way with that wallpaper! 😁
I hope you get your nap in and enjoy your off day! 😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2024 4:29 pm
It's so hot and muggy here today. I'm just trying to catch up on copy editing sitting in front of the fan at my desk. DD is right now prepping veggies to make udong noodles with veggies.

*****OMG YOU GUYS!!! As I was typing this update, I got an email that I WON 2 TIX TO THE HARRY POTTER & THE CURSED CHILD PLAY ON BROADWAY!!! This was my first time doing the lottery and it took Aisling about a year to win tix to the same show --- that was on June 26 and I couldn't go because I was working!! I really didn't expect to win tix my first try!! This is the universe rewarding me for not being a big baby that I couldn't go with her when she won LOL! Now she gets to go twice!! OMG OMG OMG!!! It's a 3 hour play and she said it's amazing! I already can't wait!

Congratulations on winning your tickets! That's so cool!! 😌
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:00 pm
I picked some wildflowers at the little farm down the road from my house after running my errands.  Came home and did some laundry and managed to finish 2 layouts:

For the July Title Challenge:

Image  Image
For the July Double Page Challenge combined with the Grab 5 Challenge:

These are great!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:56 pm
The weather is brutal today.  It's currently 94 degrees and very humid.  DH and I did a grocery run and stopped at the PO before 10.  We're having fried green tomatoes for dinner and I can't wait.  First time this summer.  Did a bit of crafting and started another challenge project.  Stay cool and have a good weekend cherries!

I LOVE fried green tomatoes!!!! 🤤
Have fun crafting! 😌
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:31 pm
Good morning cherries. Was planning on having a nice, quiet day at home - groceries and then scrappy time but Beryl has decided she really wants to visit South Texas. 😐  At first, it looked like she wanted to take a tour of our coast and "hug" it. No thanks girlfriend. I do not like hugs from Hurricanes. But now, as of the 10am update, cone is a little smaller, and it really all depends on what kind of mood she's in. Our waters are massively HOT (avg is 80 to 83 degrees but we've been running between 84 and 87 😜 ). So strengthening is a given. We want a weaker storm, but that means we'd be on the dirty side (it moves south). But if it keeps moving up North, stronger storm but we're spared and on the clean side. Forecast should be a bit better tonight or early tomorrow morning. All we can do is prepare.

Went to the store at 7:30 and luckily, early enough to beat any and all crowds. Got everything I needed and was home by 8:10. Put groceries away, ate a small breakfast and then decided to get started on laundry. Already cleaned bathrooms and swept/mopped floors. I'll also cycle through our storm shutters to make sure they all go up/down. Normally we do that around Memorial Day but with DH's surgery AND babysitting because of Jasper's procedure, didn't do it. Then toss in the garage project, flooding due to TS Alberto, just haven't had the time. Speaking of which, DH is still working on the drainage issue for the back. Last thing we need is Beryl to do something stupid, like "sit and spin" and dump a bunch of rain on us. We got 10 inches from Alberto in less than 48 hrs. Our ground cannot hold much water.

I did get this done yesterday for MMC #1.

Maybe I can still scrap later this afternoon, who knows. Trying to tackle all the inside prep as I know DH will take care of most of the outside prep.

TTYL cherries!

Amazing layout!!
I hope Beryl fizzels out and leaves y'all alone!!!
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1374

Post by scrappinmom99 »

pawprints wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:12 am
Hey Cherries. I have a nail appointment today then have to stop on the way home to pick up a gift for a christening I am going to on Sunday. Then home to work on getting my graphic design challenge up and still working on closing out last months challenges.

Have a great day Cherries.

OOh, enjoy your nail appt and the christening shopping. What are you going to get? I need to get a mani/pedi before "girls weekend" with my BFF and some HS friends on the 19th-21st. Last time my BFF made appts for when I got there. 

I finished one of the MMCs that I started yesterday and started the last one. I did some mixed media so I'll wait til tomorrow for it to dry. 

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”