Scrap a Day, July 4th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1055

Scrap a Day, July 4th

Post by pawprints »

Happy 4th of July Cherries! I have no plans today but to stay home. I hope to work out in the yard a bit and finish planting my flowers and hang out with Twinkie and Sky for pool time. I still need to get my Graphic Design challenge up and worked on that yesterday so it’s getting there. I did get my Music challenge up yesterday and did this layout for it.

Hope you all have a great time with whatever you have going on today!

Image Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2350

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th

Post by Art_Teacher »

pawprints wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:53 am
Happy 4th of July Cherries! I have no plans today but to stay home. I hope to work out in the yard a bit and finish planting my flowers and hang out with Twinkie and Sky for pool time. I still need to get my Graphic Design challenge up and worked on that yesterday so it’s getting there. I did get my Music challenge up yesterday and did this layout for it.

Your layout is awesome, Barb!  Love those colors and all the embellishments!  Have a great "chill" day at home!

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2350

Post by Art_Teacher »

DH and I are happy to stay home today, after last week's houseguests, we are still recovering!  lol Tonight, there are supposed to be fireworks over our lake, but it will depend on the weather. We had some big storms last night and a lot of rain and it is so nasty and humid (91% humidity) right now.  Heading to the mid-80's, but it was 76 when we got up this morning.  Never a good sign when it is already that warm. lol

I finished this layout for Stinker's Sketch #3.  My SIL may be an annoying house guest, but she motivated me to get out the tub with all their baby and childhood photos that she stored here after cleaning out at my MIL's when she passed.  They have been sitting in that tub for 20 years!  We both love scrapbooking and photography, so we have that in common.  These photos of my DH as a baby are so precious!

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 530

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

pawprints wrote:

What a SUPER CUTE layout, Barb! 🤩
Enjoy your 4th! Sounds like you'll have a nice time! 😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:21 am
DH and I are happy to stay home today, after last week's houseguests, we are still recovering!  lol Tonight, there are supposed to be fireworks over our lake, but it will depend on the weather. We had some big storms last night and a lot of rain and it is so nasty and humid (91% humidity) right now.  Heading to the mid-80's, but it was 76 when we got up this morning.  Never a good sign when it is already that warm. lol

I finished this layout for Stinker's Sketch #3.  My SIL may be an annoying house guest, but she motivated me to get out the tub with all their baby and childhood photos that she stored here after cleaning out at my MIL's when she passed.  They have been sitting in that tub for 20 years!  We both love scrapbooking and photography, so we have that in common.  These photos of my DH as a baby are so precious!

I hope the weather isn't too terrible this evening!
Your layout is adorable!! I think it's awesome your SIL motivated you to get out tht tub of photos! ☺️ It's ALWAYS great to be able to share scrapbooking with others! 😊
Have an awesome holiday, no matter what y'all get into! ☺️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊
I got some scrappy time in yesterday! I was able to do the June make the cut and sketch with a twist - I had forgotten that they're not due until the 6th lol! So that was super fun! ☺️ I want to do so MANY projects! 😂
Tiger cat STILL MIA 🤷‍♀️ I mean it is possible he went out the door even if I didn't see it- it was nice the other day and I had my door open all day. 🤷‍♀️ I just hope he's okay. 🤞 🙏
I'm getting ready in a little bit to go to my brother and SIL's. It's been raining this morning but maybe it'll go away? 😂 I haven't even checked the weather yet! Lol!
Have a blessed and safe 4th of July everyone! ☺️
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1401

Post by VickiR »

pawprints wrote:

We are hanging out too.  Both of our daughters and families are at the beach until Sunday.  I am in love with this LO of JJ and the music challenge inspiration!

VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

Art_Teacher wrote:

ImageImage
I think your storms and humidity are headed our way here in the east.  We are expecting storms this evening.  I love your LO and looking through old photos. 

VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:48 am
Hey Cherries 😊
I got some scrappy time in yesterday! I was able to do the June make the cut and sketch with a twist - I had forgotten that they're not due until the 6th lol! So that was super fun! ☺️ I want to do so MANY projects! 😂
Tiger cat STILL MIA 🤷‍♀️ I mean it is possible he went out the door even if I didn't see it- it was nice the other day and I had my door open all day. 🤷‍♀️ I just hope he's okay. 🤞 🙏
I'm getting ready in a little bit to go to my brother and SIL's. It's been raining this morning but maybe it'll go away? 😂 I haven't even checked the weather yet! Lol!
Sounds like your scrappy mojo is front and center!  Hope Tiger shows his face soon.

VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

We are chillin' in our respective spaces for the day... craft space and man cave.  It is 82 and getting very humid.  We are expecting thunderstorms and possible severe weather later this evening.  Good day to stay in a scrap.  I'm working on the Progressive Challenge items and then will check out a few others.  Today, I hope to get a lot done.  Hope....
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 956

Post by suewho372 »

Hi Cherries! We had very very hot day with storms last night and another on tap for today with repeat storms.
Our heat index is already at 96 - our dew point is at 79 - OMGoodness it’s a sauna 🥵already-
I took advantage of the 110 heat index yesterday afternoon and bathed all the babies in the yard.
Today I have already worked at the wallpaper removal project. I only have a little less than 1/2 a walk left- whooo! But that is behind the toilet and part of the sink so I decided to stop and work on that one tomorrow. Then I can prep to paint!!!!
Yay!
Just had a snack and am making my list because I’m going to have a scrap fest ! Lol
I hope everyone has a great day whatever you are doing !
Susan

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2474

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:

Super sweet layout! Enjoy your pool time with the pups!

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

Art_Teacher wrote:

ImageImage

Love those photos and your layout.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

pawprints wrote:

Yay!!! It sounds like a great day!
Love love love your layout and challenge!
Susan

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Hey Cherries 😊
I hope Tiger comes home soon! Enjoy your day.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

Art_Teacher wrote:

Awww I love that layout and that at least you had a little common ground with her.
Susan

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Hey Cherries 😊

Yay for scrappy time ! I hope you have a great time at your brothers. I hope Tiger cat comes home soon!
Susan

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

VickiR wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:33 am
We are chillin' in our respective spaces for the day... craft space and man cave.  It is 82 and getting very humid.  We are expecting thunderstorms and possible severe weather later this evening.  Good day to stay in a scrap.  I'm working on the Progressive Challenge items and then will check out a few others.  Today, I hope to get a lot done.  Hope....

We have no plans today either. Days of sitting out in the hot weather is someone’s backyard are OVER!
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

suewho372 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:43 am
Hi Cherries! We had very very hot day with storms last night and another on tap for today with repeat storms.
Our heat index is already at 96 - our dew point is at 79 - OMGoodness it’s a sauna 🥵already-
I took advantage of the 110 heat index yesterday afternoon and bathed all the babies in the yard.
Today I have already worked at the wallpaper removal project. I only have a little less than 1/2 a walk left- whooo! But that is behind the toilet and part of the sink so I decided to stop and work on that one tomorrow. Then I can prep to paint!!!!
Yay!
Just had a snack and am making my list because I’m going to have a scrap fest ! Lol
I hope everyone has a great day whatever you are doing !
Wow - you sure have more energy than I do. I took a shower and now trying to get energized to blow dry my hair. 

** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

Not much going on here.  My wonderful DH did laundry and even folded it! I guess that leaves me no choice but to spend time scrapping!
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”