Scrap a Day, July 3rd

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1054

Scrap a Day, July 3rd

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. I was out all day yesterday so I have a lot of catching up to do. I’m going to work on getting my challenges up and closing out last month’s challenges. That’s my plan for today.

Have a great day Cherries.

Image Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2347

Re: Scrap a Day, July 3rd

Post by Art_Teacher »

I am already up and scrapping, Barb. :)  Too hot to be outside today (for me) and Eliza is at her doggie daycare, having fun.  Enjoy your catch-up day!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

Finished the BF 383 sketch challenge this morning.  Now, to see what other scrappy mischief I can get into! :)

Laura
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3715

Post by blbabe1234 »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:14 am
I am already up and scrapping, Barb. :)  Too hot to be outside today (for me) and Eliza is at her doggie daycare, having fun.  Enjoy your catch-up day!

BTW, how is Eliza doing? How did her appt go on Monday?
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Finished the BF 383 sketch challenge this morning.  Now, to see what other scrappy mischief I can get into! :)

Beautiful! LOVE the pop of pink with all the blue
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:20 am
Art_Teacher wrote:

I ended up cancelling it, because she wasn't having any more symptoms. She has been vomit-free since that night (Thursday), ate her food, normal bm's, and feisty as ever.  We have her yearly wellness check and vaccines already scheduled for July 9, so I didn't want to take her twice if there is nothing they could do (except for a very expensive MRI to see what's in her tummy.)  I think she might have eaten something in the yard that made her stomach upset, because she is always chewing on pieces of tree bark, sticks, weeds, etc.  I am still hoping she chewed up that corn cob and it has passed out the back, except for that large piece she puked up a day or two later (I think she swallowed that whole because I was trying to get her to drop it.)  Sigh...

Laura
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries! Been working for about an hour already. Washed bed sheets already. Taking a break to eat a small breakfast.

So yesterday was 😜 Most of y'all saw how the day went down with the inspector. Contractor's received the paperwork from the engineer and all is good there. Engineer submitted windstorm certificates to TDI. TDI now needs to approve them, and send them back to the contractor. Once the contractor receives them back, upload them to the city so the city can close out the permit. Once our contractors get notification that the city has closed out the permit, they will schedule a time to come out to remove the storm shutter from one of the existing exterior windows and install it on the NEW exterior window.

Of all days, with all the chaos yesterday, DH couldn't come home to help me deal with the BS because everybody and their momma needed SOMETHING from him. It was a very long day yesterday for him. Didn't get home until a little after 6pm. And corporate (his company is based in Illinois) is only giving employees tomorrow off and making peeps come in on Friday. WHY??? Soooo stupid. And with work piling up, he went in EARLY this morning to knock out some stuff (6am). I'll be lucky if I see him before 6pm tonight.

Hoping work is decent today. Yesterday was BUSY there too...because..why not? I'm not bored at alllllll 😜

Anyways, back to work for me. Hope everyone has a great day
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:25 am
blbabe1234 wrote:
Art_Teacher wrote:

I ended up cancelling it, because she wasn't having any more symptoms. She has been vomit-free since that night (Thursday), ate her food, normal bm's, and feisty as ever.  We have her yearly wellness check and vaccines already scheduled for July 9, so I didn't want to take her twice if there is nothing they could do (except for a very expensive MRI to see what's in her tummy.)  I think she might have eaten something in the yard that made her stomach upset, because she is always chewing on pieces of tree bark, sticks, weeds, etc.  I am still hoping she chewed up that corn cob and it has passed out the back, except for that large piece she puked up a day or two later (I think she swallowed that whole because I was trying to get her to drop it.)  Sigh...

Glad to hear she's been sympton free for several days now. Awesome news!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:30 am
Good morning cherries! Been working for about an hour already. Washed bed sheets already. Taking a break to eat a small breakfast.

So yesterday was 😜 Most of y'all saw how the day went down with the inspector. Contractor's received the paperwork from the engineer and all is good there. Engineer submitted windstorm certificates to TDI. TDI now needs to approve them, and send them back to the contractor. Once the contractor receives them back, upload them to the city so the city can close out the permit. Once our contractors get notification that the city has closed out the permit, they will schedule a time to come out to remove the storm shutter from one of the existing exterior windows and install it on the NEW exterior window.

Of all days, with all the chaos yesterday, DH couldn't come home to help me deal with the BS because everybody and their momma needed SOMETHING from him. It was a very long day yesterday for him. Didn't get home until a little after 6pm. And corporate (his company is based in Illinois) is only giving employees tomorrow off and making peeps come in on Friday. WHY??? Soooo stupid. And with work piling up, he went in EARLY this morning to knock out some stuff (6am). I'll be lucky if I see him before 6pm tonight.

Hoping work is decent today. Yesterday was BUSY there too...because..why not? I'm not bored at alllllll 😜

That is crazy that your DH can't have Friday off, too!  Seems nearly every company is giving folks both days.  Americans are such workaholics!  I hope you have a calmer day, today.

Laura
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2056

Post by MTCanuk »

Moving SLOW this morning. Yesterday was a big day since having surgery. I was pooped when I got home. But, I passed all my testing and interview for my American citizenship. Swear in ceremony next month.
Now to get packed up to go camping. Glad I passed the cooking along to my DD. Although I just made some macaroni salad. And we’ll take our snacks and drinks.
And it seems to be raining out.

Hope everyone has a great day!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 524

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

pawprints wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:49 am
Hey Cherries. I was out all day yesterday so I have a lot of catching up to do. I’m going to work on getting my challenges up and closing out last month’s challenges. That’s my plan for today.

Have a great day Cherries.

Sounds like a good plan to me, Barb! ☺️ Enjoy your day! 😊
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Alrighty cherries...new development!!!!

Chris - wanna set the inspector on fire?
Charlene.....ready to cast a spell on him? Oh..and remember...make his arms shorter.

There is NOT enough CRAYONS in the WORLD to explain this ANY CLEARER.

Contractors just informed us that they checked the portal for our project and final inspection now states "FAILED". :greenmad: :greenmad:  WTFF!

WHY??? Because this dumb@$$ didn't't have the certified windstorm certificate from TDI by 4PM yesterday.

Well DUH F*CKER! What did the contractors tell YOU??? THERE IS A PROCESS. Engineer does his FINAL inspection and sends paperwork to contractors. They turn around and send them to TDI (which they did). TDI invoices contractor (should be done today). Contractor pays the bill and TDI processes the certificate (will be done Friday since tomorrow is a holiday). Stamps and approves and sends the finalizaed windstorm certificates to Contractor (hopefully Friday as well..if not, Monday). Contractor then uploads to the city's portal. Once city reviews them, they close out the permit. Homeowners then get a copy of the windstorm certificate.

Does he NOT know how the Texas Dept of Insurance works? You can't just snap your fingers and things get done. OMFG.

PLUS....Pass or Fail Inspection is based on WORK DONE. NOT on TDI Windstorm Certificates. Those certificates allow you to CLOSE the PERMIT
Last edited by blbabe1234 on Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:

This is great!!! I love the colors!!! 😍
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:23 pm
Moving SLOW this morning. Yesterday was a big day since having surgery. I was pooped when I got home. But, I passed all my testing and interview for my American citizenship. Swear in ceremony next month.
Now to get packed up to go camping. Glad I passed the cooking along to my DD. Although I just made some macaroni salad. And we’ll take our snacks and drinks.

Yay!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:25 am
blbabe1234 wrote:
Art_Teacher wrote:

Awwwwwwwww
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:30 am

Awwwww Brandy, they're putting you though the ringer! Hugs Hun! 🍒❤️☺️ Your poor DH, too!
I hope you at least have a nice relaxing evening! I'll send you a prayer for peace!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:23 pm

Leslee! ☺️☺️☺️✋🎉🥳🤩👏 Congrats on passing your exam an interview! ☺️☺️☺️
Enjoy camping! ☺️ Have a blessed one!
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:26 pm

Charlene.....ready to cast a spell on him? Oh..and remember...make his arms shorter.

Contractors just informed us that they checked the portal for our project and final inspection now states "FAILED". :greenmad: :greenmad:  WTFF!

WHY??? Because this dumb@$$ didn't't have the certified windstorm certificate from TDI by 4PM yesterday.

Well DUH F*CKER! What did the contractors tell YOU??? THERE IS A PROCESS. Engineer does his FINAL inspection and sends paperwork to contractors. They turn around and send them to TDI (which they did). TDI invoices contractor (should be done today). Contractor pays the bill and TDI processes the certificate (will be done Friday since tomorrow is a holiday). Stamps and approves and sends the finalizaed windstorm certificates to Contractor (hopefully Friday as well..if not, Monday). Contractor then uploads to the city's portal. Once city reviews them, they close out the permit. Homeowners then get a copy of the windstorm certificate.

Does he NOT know how the Texas Dept of Insurance works? You can't just snap your fingers and things get done. OMFG.
Oh my gracious! The hex is on and besides shortened arms I’ve added pus to the rash!!!!! 🧙
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊
Tiger cat is STILL MIA. 🤷‍♀️ I'm thinking hopefully he came out to eat when we went out yesterday... Unless he went out the other night and never came back?! 🤔 He's hidden before, so IDK! 🤷‍♀️😂 I promise you this is a small place, not too MANY good hiding spots! All my other fur babies are accounted for, except for Gizmo, who's known for roaming from time to time.
I went out yesterday and did my adulting! I want a gold star- it was HOT! 😂
Today is JUST gonna be a quiet day here. I'm gonna do some scrappin, Bible Study, leisurely reading and that should keep me busy. (SO MANY good challenges here!!!!)
SUPER excited to go spend time with family tomorrow. We're swimming in the pool, and eating food and JUST having fun! ☺️ I'll be able to take pictures, too, as I've been clearing off my phone!
Stay blessed Cherries ☺️ I hope everyone has a great 4th!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Charleneanne wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:51 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:26 pm

Oh my gracious! The hex is on and besides shortened arms I’ve added pus to the rash!!!!! 🧙

I know that's right! 😂 They're JUST being too mean to her!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”