Scrap a Day, July 2nd

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1054

Scrap a Day, July 2nd

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. I have a busy day today. I have to take my mom to two appointments and then to a few other places she needs to go. I have my music challenge almost ready but not sure I will have time to get it done and posted today. If not I’ll get it posted tomorrow.

Have a great day Cherries.

ImageΒ ImageΒ Image

Β 
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2345

Re: Scrap a Day, July 2nd

Post by Art_Teacher »

No worries on the Music challenge, Barb.Β  There is so much to keep us busy, already! :)Β  Have a great day!
Laura
Β ImageΒ  Β Β ImageΒ  Β  Β ImageΒ Β ImageΒ Β Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2345

Post by Art_Teacher »

I am off to grocery shop and hope to get home to some scrapping today!Β  It's gorgeous outside, but supposed to get hotter.Β  I guess I will be happy with the cool air while I have it. :)
Laura
Β ImageΒ  Β Β ImageΒ  Β  Β ImageΒ Β ImageΒ Β Image
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 524

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

pawprints wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:43 am
Hey Cherries. I have a busy day today. I have to take my mom to two appointments and then to a few other places she needs to go. I have my music challenge almost ready but not sure I will have time to get it done and posted today. If not I’ll get it posted tomorrow.

Enjoy the time with Mom, Barb! 😊 We'll look forward to the music challenge whenever you get to post it! πŸ˜‰
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:29 am
I am off to grocery shop and hope to get home to some scrapping today!Β  It's gorgeous outside, but supposed to get hotter.Β  I guess I will be happy with the cool air while I have it. :)

πŸ˜‚ Oh yes, Laura!!! πŸ˜„ It's cool here now, but I bet it gets hot today! πŸ˜‚ Yesterday was SO nice! Silly summer! πŸ˜‚
Enjoy your day! 😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊
Yesterday was the nicest weather! We were able to have the door open all day! We let the kittens out for the first time ever and they had a BLAST! They didn't leave the yard, but they played and explored and played some more lol I had to pick them up and bring them in last night! πŸ˜‚ They fell right to sleep as soon they came in! πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ SUPER DUPER CUTE!! 😍
I had a good time yesterday, looking over all the challenges and starting projects and finished on of the MMCs. (I missed the last 3 but decided to keep playing along!) I NEED to use up some morbid my stash to justify ALL the NEW goodies that I WANT! πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
I'm gonna go out later today to return the shoes- technology wasn't in my favor last week! πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ The Amazon app was acting up, but I got it all together now! 🀞 Aside from that, I'm JUST gonna enjoy this day! It won't be long now before I'll be back at work, so I'm REALLY savoring this free time! πŸ˜‰
I'm off to get more coffee and do my Bible study. Stay blessed Cherries! πŸ’ ❀️😊
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3713

Post by blbabe1234 »

Morning cherries. Today was supposed to be a very good and exciting day. Contractors here to wrap things up and then Final City Inspection scheduled for this afternoon. No big deal. Finally. However......at 8 am, I spy a city inspector vehicle. Dude gets out and I'm hoping they run him off. He has no problems with the work our contractors have done, but has an issue with our 2 pre-existing walls and storm shutters. WTF? WHY? Safety Concern. In case of fire and we can't get garage door open, we're trapped. Uh..no we're not. They have put in a door and a window. He called his supervisor and apparently the supervisor will show up with the inspector. :greenmad:Β  The dude is brand new. Like this is his first inspection. WTFF. Who in their sane mind would send out a virgin inspector to do a FINAL INSPECTION? He didn't even read the plans. He didn't look at any information. Just saw that OUR HOUSE was scheduled for an inspection and that is it. Being unprepared really pisses me off. :greenmad:

The dumb@$$ took pictures...pictures of 2 walls, the storm shutters and windows...including the side of the house as well as front. WTF does the front of the house (or side for that matter) have to deal with...ENCLOSING a carport. Need me to say that again, but LOUDER. OMG....that too...is a concern. The front entrance is a concern..WHY? our gate is metal...what happens in case of fire. Seriously.....I'm done. I wanted to so badly go out there and punch him in the throat..but I knew to let the contractors talk to him....but still...

Oh..and y'all are going to love this. The screen for the window. It finally came in..and get this...yay! It DOES NOT F'ING fit. ARE you kidding me! WOW.....

So yeah....DH is telling me to calm down...the contractors keep telling me it will be okay. They deal with this all the time...if they need to fight the city on something, they will. *Breathe, Brandy, Breathe* *Inhale, Exhale*

I'm getting emails...so I better deal with those....
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❀️

Β  ImageImage Β Β ImageImageImage
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2469

Post by emmapaige »

As I've said before, your mom is so lucky to have you. Treasure your time with her.Β 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Β ImageImageImageΒ Image
Β 
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5440

Post by Deanna13 »

Good Morning Everyone! Sounds like everyone is busy. Brandy, so sorry for all the mess going on.Β 

Just an update on me. I've been having grandpuppies and grandkids for the last 3 weeks so I have gotten much scrapping done. I'm hoping to get my list of challenges made up today and get started. We do have grandpuppy Ridge today (Kaylee's puppy). He only seems to want me, but DH is trying to keep him occupied.Β 

Medical Update.....DH just passed another of his prostate blood tests. He's good for another 3 months and then it goes to 6 months.Β 

I had to wait an additional month before I had another CT-Scan to be sure the radiation wouldn't mess it up. I had a CT-Scan and blood work June 17th, saw the Radiation Oncologist on the 27th and my Oncologist today the 2nd. Dr. Keyser was more than pleased with my radiation results of my left lung. Said it doesn't usually work that quickly in 3 months, but it can still continue to work for a year. My Oncologist Dr. Cawley called me shortly after receiving the results and said not to worry. Things were looking good. They were pleased with results. I do have 2 minute nodules in the right lung that weren't completely wiped out with the chemo in 2022 and 2023. They would continue to monitor those. I also have a Nurse Practitioner Marcia who I saw today. She usually oversees Chemo treatment, but also see patients. Showed us scans and said they were all in agreement to continue the 2 meds I'm on for another 3 months with a followup CT Scan and Blood work and appointments with both doctors.Β 

Thanks for listening, everyone! It's great to be able to stay the course for another 3 months.
ImageΒ ImageΒ ImageImage
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

We are having the same weather here. Any day we don't have to turn on the AC is a good day!Β 
** Chris **

Β ImageImageImageΒ Image
Β 
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

blbabe1234 wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:13 am
Morning cherries. Today was supposed to be a very good and exciting day. Contractors here to wrap things up and then Final City Inspection scheduled for this afternoon. No big deal. Finally. However......at 8 am, I spy a city inspector vehicle. Dude gets out and I'm hoping they run him off. He has no problems with the work our contractors have done, but has an issue with our 2 pre-existing walls and storm shutters. WTF? WHY? Safety Concern. In case of fire and we can't get garage door open, we're trapped. Uh..no we're not. They have put in a door and a window. He called his supervisor and apparently the supervisor will show up with the inspector. :greenmad:Β  The dude is brand new. Like this is his first inspection. WTFF. Who in their sane mind would send out a virgin inspector to do a FINAL INSPECTION? He didn't even read the plans. He didn't look at any information. Just saw that OUR HOUSE was scheduled for an inspection and that is it. Being unprepared really pisses me off. :greenmad:

The dumb@$$ took pictures...pictures of 2 walls, the storm shutters and windows...including the side of the house as well as front. WTF does the front of the house (or side for that matter) have to deal with...ENCLOSING a carport. Need me to say that again, but LOUDER. OMG....that too...is a concern. The front entrance is a concern..WHY? our gate is metal...what happens in case of fire. Seriously.....I'm done. I wanted to so badly go out there and punch him in the throat..but I knew to let the contractors talk to him....but still...

Oh..and y'all are going to love this. The screen for the window. It finally came in..and get this...yay! It DOES NOT F'ING fit. ARE you kidding me! WOW.....

So yeah....DH is telling me to calm down...the contractors keep telling me it will be okay. They deal with this all the time...if they need to fight the city on something, they will. *Breathe, Brandy, Breathe* *Inhale, Exhale*

Maybe you should have set the inspector on fire and see if he could get out!!Β 
** Chris **

Β ImageImageImageΒ Image
Β 
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

Deanna13 wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:35 am
Good Morning Everyone! Sounds like everyone is busy. Brandy, so sorry for all the mess going on.Β 

Just an update on me. I've been having grandpuppies and grandkids for the last 3 weeks so I have gotten much scrapping done. I'm hoping to get my list of challenges made up today and get started. We do have grandpuppy Ridge today (Kaylee's puppy). He only seems to want me, but DH is trying to keep him occupied.Β 

Medical Update.....DH just passed another of his prostate blood tests. He's good for another 3 months and then it goes to 6 months.Β 

I had to wait an additional month before I had another CT-Scan to be sure the radiation wouldn't mess it up. I had a CT-Scan and blood work June 17th, saw the Radiation Oncologist on the 27th and my Oncologist today the 2nd. Dr. Keyser was more than pleased with my radiation results of my left lung. Said it doesn't usually work that quickly in 3 months, but it can still continue to work for a year. My Oncologist Dr. Cawley called me shortly after receiving the results and said not to worry. Things were looking good. They were pleased with results. I do have 2 minute nodules in the right lung that weren't completely wiped out with the chemo in 2022 and 2023. They would continue to monitor those. I also have a Nurse Practitioner Marcia who I saw today. She usually oversees Chemo treatment, but also see patients. Showed us scans and said they were all in agreement to continue the 2 meds I'm on for another 3 months with a followup CT Scan and Blood work and appointments with both doctors.Β 

Thanks for listening, everyone! It's great to be able to stay the course for another 3 months.
Great news about you and Brad! Keep up the good work!!!!
Β 
** Chris **

Β ImageImageImageΒ Image
Β 
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Deanna13 wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:35 am

Wonderful news for both you and Brad!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❀️

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

JollyHollyScraps wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:45 am
Hey Cherries 😊
Yesterday was the nicest weather! We were able to have the door open all day! We let the kittens out for the first time ever and they had a BLAST! They didn't leave the yard, but they played and explored and played some more lol I had to pick them up and bring them in last night! πŸ˜‚ They fell right to sleep as soon they came in! πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ SUPER DUPER CUTE!! 😍
I had a good time yesterday, looking over all the challenges and starting projects and finished on of the MMCs. (I missed the last 3 but decided to keep playing along!) I NEED to use up some morbid my stash to justify ALL the NEW goodies that I WANT! πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
I'm gonna go out later today to return the shoes- technology wasn't in my favor last week! πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ The Amazon app was acting up, but I got it all together now! 🀞 Aside from that, I'm JUST gonna enjoy this day! It won't be long now before I'll be back at work, so I'm REALLY savoring this free time! πŸ˜‰
I'm off to get more coffee and do my Bible study. Stay blessed Cherries! πŸ’ ❀️😊
Awwww....that's so cute about the kitties! I hope you got some pictures.Β 
Β 
** Chris **

Β ImageImageImageΒ Image
Β 
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

emmapaige wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:38 am
blbabe1234 wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:13 am

Maybe you should have set the inspector on fire and see if he could get out!!Β Β 
πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚Β  You made me LOL Chris. THANK YOU
Β 
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❀️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Hey Cherries 😊

Awe..sweet baby kitties 😍
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❀️

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

We had hair appointments this morning. Since I'm no longer having my hair colored, it took much less time. We were going to go straight to my dermatologist appointment but it's not until 12:30. So we came home and DH is taking a nap. After my appointment, we will go to Wegman's. Since we are having left overs for dinner, I hope to start on one of the July Challenges.Β Β 
** Chris **

Β ImageImageImageΒ Image
Β 
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 472

Post by GinniG »

Enjoy your time with your Mom Barb!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Enjoy that cool weather while you can Laura! Have fun playing!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Hey Cherries 😊

Holly, what fun to watch the kittens exploring outside for the first time! Glad you can finally return those shoes. Have fun whatever you do!

Return to β€œScrapbooking Talk”