Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Scrap a Day, July 1st
Hey Cherries. Laundry today including sheets and a pile of towels from the kids being here. No other plans but to work on getting my new challenges up.

Have a great day Cherries.

ImageImage Image Image  

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, July 1st
pawprints wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:11 am
Hey Cherries. Laundry today including sheets and a pile of towels from the kids being here. No other plans but to work on getting my new challenges up.

The aftermath of a fun visit!  Rest and laundry.  LOL!

ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Beautiful day here after a weekend of storms.  Still very breezy but sunny.  DH is mowing and I'm cleaning up a bit inside.  Today is youngest DDs 40th birthday and we are all going out for dinner this evening.  It's also oldest DDs wedding anniversary but they are in VA Beach for the week celebrating.  Looking forward to an evening of celebration with DD and our grandkids!  I may start a challenge later this afternoon.
    ImageImage

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Barb - I've also got laundry waiting for me from our vacation.... Can't wait to see what your challenges are this month!

Vicki - Happy Birthday to your son and Happy Anniversary to your daughter!  Lots to celebrate!  Glad  you are having good weather after the storms this weekend!

I'm back at work after being off for about 10 days.  Thankfully, it's not too terrible here - just having a hard time getting back into the swing of things.  I just want to be home getting things done around the house so I can scrap!

Hope all you Cherries have a fabulous start to the week!!
Rebecca

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Hi ladies, glad you mentioned laundry. I have beach towels to do down in the pool room, which I of course put out of my mind. Then I'll do the other towels, lol.

Vicki, have fun tonight! My family just got back from a mini holiday, and my son from Texas ( work). So I'm making this a lazy day. After the wash. Supper is going to be simple I think. I'm making a beef stew that can go into the crockpot. I marinated the cubes overnight in Catalina dressing, and then just toss in veggies later. My mom use to make it, it was a Kraft recipe.

I'm not far from you, Vicki and it's looking like the heavens could open any given minute. And we are on deck for a miserable Fourth so says the local weathermen last night.

Going to hit challenges after organizing my first ever chronological album last night I'm starting May. Not too far behind in pictures, the instructor is just doing her June pictures now.

Good day to you all whatever you do!

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

It is a gorgeous day here!  I had planned to take my Mom shopping today after my houseguests left, because she needs to get things for our sorority convention later in July, but she said her foot was hurting too much to walk around and she needs to take care of it. (She stubbed/broke her 2nd toe 2 weeks ago, and she said it has started hurting really badly.) I told her she must've been wearing the wrong shoes and she admitted to wearing "cute" sandals for her alumni reunion on Saturday.  That'll do it!

Anyway, I'm happy to be able to spend some of this gorgeous day outside reading and I am posting MMC's.  That's about it! :)
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Good morning and happy July. It seems like a nice day here, but I slept in, which I rarely do, so I haven't really been outside yet.

We went to a wedding this past weekend in upstate NY. Was the weirdest wedding ever for many reasons. One, as we were driving up I realized I had gotten engaged (to a guy that I didn't end up marrying) at the resort where the wedding was. Then, we are at the Friday night party  and we get introduced to someone who looks at my husband and says "didn't you used to date Debby?" which he did but they broke up over 30 years ago. And this Debby was actually also at the wedding. So, that was our personal weirdnesses. Next, If you're not aware, upstate NY is a rainy place. The invitation asked women to wear long colorful dresses, I interpreted that to mean tea length and colorful but some women decided it meant floor length. The ceremony was outside and on the grass  and it was raining. So they handed out umbrellas and women in floor length dresses and nice shoes were expected to stand on the grass in the rain for 30 minutes. Usually Jewish ceremonies are  short, like 10 minutes, but this one was quite long. I watched from far away because I did not want to ruin my shoes. Finally when the parents gave their speeches, the groom's parents poke about how much they were happy to welcome the bride into their family. The brides parents only spoke about their daughter so the groom was not mentioned in all this, but then they started to make fun of their daughter and made her seem like not a nice person. So, very distasteful. Then the other weird thing is we had some time so we walked up to where I went to college and the building where I took my classes had another building built around it. So, it was still there but it was like swallowed up. I found that very strange. Our connection to the wedding is that my husband went to highs school with the grooms father, so it has nothing to do with the fact that I went to college there. 
We did see some old friends, so that part was nice, but there were a lot of weird things. The food was terrible and they ran out of plates and coffee at the brunch so we came home starved, but that seems more usual for weddings.

Today is laundry, writing down the new challenges and probably walking to trader joes. 

Have a great day!

Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:11 am

I know how that laundry goes, Barb! 😊 The price we pay for fun! ☺️
Looking forward to your new challenges!

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:17 am
Beautiful day here after a weekend of storms.  Still very breezy but sunny.  DH is mowing and I'm cleaning up a bit inside.  Today is youngest DDs 40th birthday and we are all going out for dinner this evening.  It's also oldest DDs wedding anniversary but they are in VA Beach for the week celebrating.  Looking forward to an evening of celebration with DD and our grandkids!  I may start a challenge later this afternoon.

Glad you're having good weather,Vicki! 😊 That ALWAYS makes for a good day! Enjoy the birthday dinner with family! ☺️ Enjoy scrappy time, too!

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Monroe1218 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:21 am
Barb - I've also got laundry waiting for me from our vacation.... Can't wait to see what your challenges are this month!

Vicki - Happy Birthday to your son and Happy Anniversary to your daughter!  Lots to celebrate!  Glad  you are having good weather after the storms this weekend!

I'm back at work after being off for about 10 days.  Thankfully, it's not too terrible here - just having a hard time getting back into the swing of things.  I just want to be home getting things done around the house so I can scrap!

Don't work too hard, Rebecca! I know what you mean about getting back in the swing of things! (I'll be going back to work soon myself!)
Enjoy your Monday!! 😊

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

sherelm wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:36 am
Hi ladies, glad you mentioned laundry. I have beach towels to do down in the pool room, which I of course put out of my mind. Then I'll do the other towels, lol.

Vicki, have fun tonight! My family just got back from a mini holiday, and my son from Texas ( work). So I'm making this a lazy day. After the wash. Supper is going to be simple I think. I'm making a beef stew that can go into the crockpot. I marinated the cubes overnight in Catalina dressing, and then just toss in veggies later. My mom use to make it, it was a Kraft recipe.

I'm not far from you, Vicki and it's looking like the heavens could open any given minute. And we are on deck for a miserable Fourth so says the local weathermen last night.

Going to hit challenges after organizing my first ever chronological album last night I'm starting May. Not too far behind in pictures, the instructor is just doing her June pictures now.

Way to go on getting your first chronological album organized, Sher! (I've yet to do one!)
Hoping your rain isn't too bad! ☺️ Your dinner sounds yummy!!! 😊

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:40 am
It is a gorgeous day here!  I had planned to take my Mom shopping today after my houseguests left, because she needs to get things for our sorority convention later in July, but she said her foot was hurting too much to walk around and she needs to take care of it. (She stubbed/broke her 2nd toe 2 weels agp. and she said it has started hurting really badly.) I told her she must've been wearing the wrong shoes and she admitted to wearing "cute" sandals for her alumni reunion on Saturday.  That'll do it!

Anyway, I'm happy to be able to spend some of this gorgeous day outside reading and I am posting MMC's.  That's about it! :)

Poor Mom, though! Feet pain is no bueno!! Prayers for her!
Enjoy your outside time! ☺️ Looking forward to these MMCs!

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Good morning! I woke about 6:00 am and decided I wasn’t ready to get up yet so I rolled over and went back to sleep until 8:00 am. It felt so good. I’m showered and ready to head to my scrap room and post my July Challenge and pick a winner for my June Challenge. And since we have no plans for today, I want start on some of the July Challenges.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊
Can't believe it's ALREADY July!!! June flew by!! I wanted to get more challenges done last month but I didn't. I did TONS of journaling, though! Worked on some other art projects, too, so it's been a good time! ☺️
I'll be posting the Spend Smart Stash Bust Challenge in a little while. (I usually type it up the night before but didn't this time lol!)
I'm looking forward to checking out all the challenges, and the Summer Bingo, and I'm having good weather here so I'm gonna run a few errands later. Coffee right now lol and kitten time, too! Jazz ND Shadow slept with us last night!! 😊 So sweet!!
Just looking forward to a new good month! 😊 Stay blessed, Cherries!

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

emmapaige wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:39 am
Good morning! I woke about 6:00 am and decided I wasn’t ready to get up yet so I rolled over and went back to sleep until 8:00 am. It felt so good. I’m showered and ready to head to my scrap room and post my July Challenge and pick a winner for my June Challenge. And since we have no plans for today, I want start on some of the July Challenges.

Lol I go back to bed a LOT in the morning, Chris! 😂 😂 😂 I'll look at the clock and yup, roll back over! 😂 Enjoy your day!

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I am dragging but have so much to do today. I wasn't supposed to work yesterday but we were short-staffed at the stadium so I said I could go in. (I was working Sat and had "given myself off Sunday" LOL). It turns out that I was the only one not already scheduled for Sunday that said they could do it so it made me look good lol. It was in the high 80s and humid. I hoped to get the 50/50 raffle spot (air-conditioned, no radio, and no wheelchair runs!) but did not. I ended up doing 6 wheelchair runs and all were from home plate to the outfield which is basically the farthest you need to walk. I was like why are they asking the old lady to do all this - there's all these young people lol. But we were really backed up. Even my coworkers (we all hear everything on the radios) were like omg you must be exhausted. Well yeah lol. THEN there was a rain delay...in the middle of the 9th inning and it was a tied game. Like 15 more minutes and the game would've been over. Omg. THEN it went to extra innings. Omg. I wanted so badly to be sitting on my couch saying, "Gee I'm glad I didn't put in for today!" ROFL!!! We were there for 8 hours. Usually a game is about 4.5-5 hours. This was like 2 games with only 1 break. Anyway, enough whining. It's a timer kind of day for copy editing and getting all the rest done. I am also going thru the new challenges and putting my list together today and thinking of what photos / supplies to pull out. 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

trainmom wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:11 am
Good morning and happy July. It seems like a nice day here, but I slept in, which I rarely do, so I haven't really been outside yet.

We went to a wedding this past weekend in upstate NY. Was the weirdest wedding ever for many reasons. One, as we were driving up I realized I had gotten engaged (to a guy that I didn't end up marrying) at the resort where the wedding was. Then, we are at the Friday night party  and we get introduced to someone who looks at my husband and says "didn't you used to date Debby?" which he did but they broke up over 30 years ago. And this Debby was actually also at the wedding. So, that was our personal weirdnesses. Next, If you're not aware, upstate NY is a rainy place. The invitation asked women to wear long colorful dresses, I interpreted that to mean tea length and colorful but some women decided it meant floor length. The ceremony was outside and on the grass  and it was raining. So they handed out umbrellas and women in floor length dresses and nice shoes were expected to stand on the grass in the rain for 30 minutes. Usually Jewish ceremonies are  short, like 10 minutes, but this one was quite long. I watched from far away because I did not want to ruin my shoes. Finally when the parents gave their speeches, the groom's parents poke about how much they were happy to welcome the bride into their family. The brides parents only spoke about their daughter so the groom was not mentioned in all this, but then they started to make fun of their daughter and made her seem like not a nice person. So, very distasteful. Then the other weird thing is we had some time so we walked up to where I went to college and the building where I took my classes had another building built around it. So, it was still there but it was like swallowed up. I found that very strange. Our connection to the wedding is that my husband went to highs school with the grooms father, so it has nothing to do with the fact that I went to college there. 
We did see some old friends, so that part was nice, but there were a lot of weird things. The food was terrible and they ran out of plates and coffee at the brunch so we came home starved, but that seems more usual for weddings.

Today is laundry, writing down the new challenges and probably walking to trader joes. 

Have a great day!

I bet you got some wonderful photos, and I also bet you looked very pretty in your dress! 😊 Have a good day, Louise!

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Monroe1218 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:21 am

Thanks, Rebecca!  Getting back into the groove after 10 days off...ugh!

ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

sherelm wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:36 am

We are actually having a gorgeous weather day!  Sunny and breezy with a high of 80.  I think most of the weather you are having is north of us.

ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Art_Teacher wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:40 am
It is a gorgeous day here!  I had planned to take my Mom shopping today after my houseguests left, because she needs to get things for our sorority convention later in July, but she said her foot was hurting too much to walk around and she needs to take care of it. (She stubbed/broke her 2nd toe 2 weeks ago, and she said it has started hurting really badly.) I told her she must've been wearing the wrong shoes and she admitted to wearing "cute" sandals for her alumni reunion on Saturday.  That'll do it!

Sounds like you need a chill day and so does mom!  House guest recovery and injured foot recovery.

ImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee