Scrap a Day, June 25th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Scrap a Day, June 25th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Our humidity finally broke and it’s much nicer out today. We are headed for 89 but at least it won’t be a muggy 89. I hope to get outside for a bit and plant some flowers. My lawn guy got my mulch put down yesterday so I can now put some flowers in my gardens. As for inside I need to get out the vacuum as Sky has been leaving black dogfetti all over the house.

Have a great day Cherries.

Image Image Image

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1384

Re: Scrap a Day, June 25th

Post by VickiR »

pawprints wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:17 am
Hey Cherries. Our humidity finally broke and it’s much nicer out today. We are headed for 89 but at least it won’t be a muggy 89. I hope to get outside for a bit and plant some flowers. My lawn guy got my mulch put down yesterday so I can now put some flowers in my gardens. As for inside I need to get out the vacuum as Sky has been leaving black dogfetti all over the house.

LOL!  Dogfetti...  Beautiful day here too.  Yesterday was fabulous with a great breeze.  Hope you get your flowers planted.
VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

Another hot one today at 90 degrees but thankfully, no humidity.  We had about 10 drops of rain but seriously need  more.  Today I had a noon dentist appointment and then a few stops to make on the way home.  I hope to finish up a LO that I am working on.  I am really trying to finish the bi-monthly challenge and have 6 more to go.  Frustrating to get that close and not know if I will have time to finish it.  Have a good day DCs!
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2337

Post by Art_Teacher »

pawprints wrote:

LOL at "black dogfetti!"  Eliza does this when she needs grooming, but I know that Labs shed much more.  I hope you get to plant your flowers.  The break in the humidity has been nice. We had rain on Sunday that was much needed!

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

VickiR wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:29 am
Another hot one today at 90 degrees but thankfully, no humidity.  We had about 10 drops of rain but seriously need  more.  Today I had a noon dentist appointment and then a few stops to make on the way home.  I hope to finish up a LO that I am working on.  I am really trying to finish the bi-monthly challenge and have 6 more to go.  Frustrating to get that close and not know if I will have time to finish it.  Have a good day DCs!
We got about 25 minutes of rain on Sunday morning and we still need more, too.  I hope you get to finish the challenge....I know I won't.  DH's sister and her husband arrive this afternoon for a week.

Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

Say some prayers for me, DC's. ;)  My SIL and BIL arrive this afternoon.  I haven't been so stressed about it as I usually am, so I am hoping it is a peaceful time we can spend with them.  I am happier that they come in the summer when I am off, since previously SIL has not understood that showing up during busy times of the school year or on short, school breaks like Thanksgiving are really stressful for me.  If they would stay in an Air B & B or something, it would be even less stressful, but I got the guest room cleaned and the house is pretty clean, too. (I know she will find things that aren't to her liking, but "it is what it is." lol)

Laura
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

pawprints wrote:

At least you can SEE the dogfetti! 😂 😂 Mine gets camflouged in the cream-colored carpet!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

VickiR wrote:

Hope your appt goes well
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:39 am
Say some prayers for me, DC's. ;)  My SIL and BIL arrive this afternoon.  I haven't been so stressed about it as I usually am, so I am hoping it is a peaceful time we can spend with them.  I am happier that they come in the summer when I am off, since previously SIL has not understood that showing up during busy times of the school year or on short, school breaks like Thanksgiving are really stressful for me.  If they would stay in an Air B & B or something, it would be even less stressful, but I got the guest room cleaned and the house is pretty clean, too. (I know she will find things that aren't to her liking, but "it is what it is." lol)

IDK how you do it Laura. I know your BIL is the one you like and is real low-key, but still. You have much more patience than I do. I have had bad guests stay before and if I don't like them...DH doesn't like them and we boot them out together and make sure they are not welcome ever.  IDGAF if they are family or not.

Hope you are very well stocked with wine...you might need something stronger...have you tried tequila? That'll help you have a IDGAF attitude! 😂

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:57 am
Art_Teacher wrote:
IDK how you do it Laura. I know your BIL is the one you like and is real low-key, but still. You have much more patience than I do. I have had bad guests stay before and if I don't like them...DH doesn't like them and we boot them out together and make sure they are not welcome ever.  IDGAF if they are family or not.

Hope you are very well stocked with wine...you might need something stronger...have you tried tequila? That'll help you have a IDGAF attitude! 😂

LOL  I got the wine, yesterday.  For some weird reason, our stores have stopped allowing wine in the pickup orders, so I picked up my groceries and then had to go inside, anyway!  I keep looking up what has changed in the past 2 weeks, and can't find anything. smh  But it is Kroger and Walmart.  You can look up the alcohol, but you can't put it in your cart to checkout.  Before, they just made us show i.d. and sign our name at the pickup. It's weird!

Laura
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries. Yesterday was decent, still a Monday. But it wasn't a M.O.N.D.A.Y if you kwim.

Our garage door arrived but because of all the damage that TS Alberto caused in Rockport, the garage door people are busy until Friday. Our contractors will probably here this afternoon. They've got 3 jobs going (including ours) but with all the flooding and rains and tornado from last week, things are getting shifted.

Nothing else going on except for work.

Hope y'all have a great day.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2463

Post by emmapaige »

Good morning. I am playing Mahjong at 11:30 instead of 12:30 since the hostess as PT and we need to stop at 2:30 instead of 4:00. That works better for me since I won’t be rushed to make dinner.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 517

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

pawprints wrote:

Lol Dogfetti! I love THAT! ☺️
Glad your humidity FINALLY broke! Ice seen how y'all are having an unusually hot time up there! Crazy!
Enjoy your gardening time, Barb! ☺️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:01 am
Good morning cherries. Yesterday was decent, still a Monday. But it wasn't a M.O.N.D.A.Y if you kwim.

Our garage door arrived but because of all the damage that TS Alberto caused in Rockport, the garage door people are busy until Friday. Our contractors will probably here this afternoon. They've got 3 jobs going (including ours) but with all the flooding and rains and tornado from last week, things are getting shifted.

Nothing else going on except for work.

Hope y'all have a great day.

Don't work too hard, Brandy! ☺️ Hopefully your garage will be finished soon! It's awful what the weather has been like!
VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:36 am
VickiR wrote:
We got about 25 minutes of rain on Sunday morning and we still need more, too.  I hope you get to finish the challenge....I know I won't.  DH's sister and her husband arrive this afternoon for a week. 

Ugh...good luck with the visit.  I'm good for about 2 days unless it's my SIL who likes to scrap with me!

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:

Hey Vicki! 😊 I need to get into the gallery and check out all the new projects you've got posted! I hope you do get a chance to finish the bi-monthly challenge! (I might go and see how close I am, too- I've changed my mind about it so many times lol!)
I hope your dentist appointment goes well! ☺️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:

Awwwww Laura! I hope your SIL doesn't knit-pick too much! It's beyond my understanding that SHE doesn't understand how BUSY you are during the school year! 😜 (Even on "breaks"!) LOL my SIL would freak out if she saw my house! It is what it is, too! 😂 😂 😂
Praying all goes well! 🤞🏻!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:18 am
Good morning. I am playing Mahjong at 11:30 instead of 12:30 since the hostess as PT and we need to stop at 2:30 instead of 4:00. That works better for me since I won’t be rushed to make dinner.

Have fun playing Mahjong with your pals, Chris! ☺️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊
I was just feeling a little blah yesterday. (Women stuff! 🙄) I LITERALLY just hung out laying around all day, reading on the couch, then in bed.
I made Omer watch one of my fave zombie movies last night - Dawn of the Dead (2004). Then we watched a few episodes of The Tudors.
I'm probably gonna get scrappy today. I haven't worked on anything else since I finished those layouts last week.
I'm gonna have my coffee now and do my Bible study. Stay blessed, DCs! 😊
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 472

Post by GinniG »

pawprints wrote:

Lol on the black dogfetti!!! Have fun in your garden!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”