Scrap a Day, June 18th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Scrap a Day, June 18th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Got all my patio chairs and table scrubbed yesterday and so glad that is done. I started a layout and hope to get back to working on it after my dentist appointment this afternoon.

Have a great day Cherries.

Image Image Image

traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 755

Re: Scrap a Day, June 18th

Post by traveler »

Good morning. Another hot day here, so I'm hoping to go to that pool which I still haven't been to. Not for a pool day just for a little lap swimming. Other than that, I'm home alone today and not busy for the first day in a while so I'm playing my music loud and doing my things, which includes laundry and scrapping. Right now I'm waiting for some modeling paste to dry.

We went to the Phillies game last night, which was great because they got a lot of hits and homeruns. We got free tickets which were on 400 level where I have never been before and I'm bit scared of heights so that was interesting, but it was still really fun and free tickets are good, especially for a team that is always sold out. For those of you that know the stadium, we were higher than the Bell if you can imagine. 

Have a great day everyone!
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

trainmom wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:39 am
Good morning. Another hot day here, so I'm hoping to go to that pool which I still haven't been to. Not for a pool day just for a little lap swimming. Other than that, I'm home alone today and not busy for the first day in a while so I'm playing my music loud and doing my things, which includes laundry and scrapping. Right now I'm waiting for some modeling paste to dry.

We went to the Phillies game last night, which was great because they got a lot of hits and homeruns. We got free tickets which were on 400 level where I have never been before and I'm bit scared of heights so that was interesting, but it was still really fun and free tickets are good, especially for a team that is always sold out. For those of you that know the stadium, we were higher than the Bell if you can imagine. 

Stay cool and glad you enjoyed the game last night

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries. Contractors have already been doing their thang the last hour or so. We've got City Inspection scheduled for this afternoon. Hope it goes well. Next step is painting but with the tropical cyclone south of us, we won't see them until next Monday. Expecting to get 4 to 7 inches in our area, starting tonight, with the heaviest tomorrow and settling down Thursday/Friday. Dry out Saturday/Sunday. Winds shouldn't be an issue - 40 mph - which a normal day for us. I only hope that it's a steady rain, and not something that causes flash flooding and chaos. We haven't had rain in a few months, so we desperately need this.

I'm excited about tomorrow. With Juneteenth now a federal holiday, my client's doors across her 6 offices will be closed. :greeninlove:  Which means, work-wise, I won't get bothered. Now, all depends on how much rain and how noisy it gets tomorrow will dictate whether or not I truly have a quiet day. But at least I won't have to deal with pooples.

Hope y'all have a great day.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2336

Post by Art_Teacher »

pawprints wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:11 am
Hey Cherries. Got all my patio chairs and table scrubbed yesterday and so glad that is done. I started a layout and hope to get back to working on it after my dentist appointment this afternoon.

I hope your dentist appointment goes smoothly, Barb, and that you get back to scrapping this afternoon! :)

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

trainmom wrote:

Free tickets to a MLB game sounds terrific!  Did they win?

Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:03 am
Good morning cherries. Contractors have already been doing their thang the last hour or so. We've got City Inspection scheduled for this afternoon. Hope it goes well. Next step is painting but with the tropical cyclone south of us, we won't see them until next Monday. Expecting to get 4 to 7 inches in our area, starting tonight, with the heaviest tomorrow and settling down Thursday/Friday. Dry out Saturday/Sunday. Winds shouldn't be an issue - 40 mph - which a normal day for us. I only hope that it's a steady rain, and not something that causes flash flooding and chaos. We haven't had rain in a few months, so we desperately need this.

I'm excited about tomorrow. With Juneteenth now a federal holiday, my client's doors across her 6 offices will be closed. :greeninlove:  Which means, work-wise, I won't get bothered. Now, all depends on how much rain and how noisy it gets tomorrow will dictate whether or not I truly have a quiet day. But at least I won't have to deal with pooples.

Wow...that is a lot of rain in a short time!  I hope it is spread out for you.  LOL about "pooples!"   😂
Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

Hot and nasty is the description of this entire week...I just hate the humidity so much! Woke up at 8 am and it was already 78 degrees with 84% humidity!  Yucky!  Hitting above 90, so I plan to stay inside in my a/c!  Have been cleaning up files on my computer and might get a little scrappy this afternoon. However, my SIL and BIL are coming to stay next week, so I have to clean up their room, too.  It becomes the catch-all room over the winter.  LOL
Laura
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1367

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Today I'm trying to finish the manuscript I'm working on. It's not long ("only" 280 pages) but there is so much fact-checking to do on it that is making it take longer. Today is the annual Museum Mile Festival here in NYC where many of the museums along Fifth Avenue have free admission from 6-9pm. We never get to go because it's on a weeknight, but since tomorrow DH has off for Juneteenth we are going to go. We'll meet him around 5ish and go for pizza and then we picked the Guggenheim as the museum we want to see. The Metropolitan Museum of Art was my first choice, but I noticed that they have a thing where NYS residents "pay what you wish" (ie: a penny or a dollar LOL instead of the $30 tix per person!) so we will save that for another time. 

As for scrapping, I'm going through my pics / supplies to see what to do for the MMCs. I also have to take a pic and upload the Father's Day card I made for DH, which is the only thing I've really done other than MMCs this month. I need to chop chop and get some mojo back!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:15 am
Hot and nasty is the description of this entire week...I just hate the humidity so much! Woke up at 8 am and it was already 78 degrees with 84% humidity!  Yucky!  Hitting above 90, so I plan to stay inside in my a/c!  Have been cleaning up files on my computer and might get a little scrappy this afternoon. However, my SIL and BIL are coming to stay next week, so I have to clean up their room, too.  It becomes the catch-all room over the winter.  LOL

Sorry y'all are having to deal with the heat.

Your SIL and BIL. Are those the same pooples that stress you out each time they stay and visit?
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:30 am
Today I'm trying to finish the manuscript I'm working on. It's not long ("only" 280 pages) but there is so much fact-checking to do on it that is making it take longer. Today is the annual Museum Mile Festival here in NYC where many of the museums along Fifth Avenue have free admission from 6-9pm. We never get to go because it's on a weeknight, but since tomorrow DH has off for Juneteenth we are going to go. We'll meet him around 5ish and go for pizza and then we picked the Guggenheim as the museum we want to see. The Metropolitan Museum of Art was my first choice, but I noticed that they have a thing where NYS residents "pay what you wish" (ie: a penny or a dollar LOL instead of the $30 tix per person!) so we will save that for another time. 

As for scrapping, I'm going through my pics / supplies to see what to do for the MMCs. I also have to take a pic and upload the Father's Day card I made for DH, which is the only thing I've really done other than MMCs this month. I need to chop chop and get some mojo back!

Very cool! Enjoyr time at the museum!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

Good morning. Well morning anyhow. I am not an early person but don’t sleep well in hot weather. Awake today at 6:30am and just couldn’t get back to sleep. Since I generally don’t go to bed till after midnight, I am tired and like the old woman I am, most afternoons I take an involuntary nap on the sofa. Give me cold weather and an 8-9 hour hibernation and my flannel sheets every night!

Nothing much going on today. Some general cleaning and then go through some piles of junk I’ve ignored and see what I can toss or donate. Told my kids I was saving all the junk for summer heat when I have to stay inside lol and would need something to occupy my time.

Maybe soak the ground in the Hollyhock area of the garden. They need some work but I’ve been lazy this spring. Yard and gardens are nice but a lot of work. And my monthly water bill goes from $25 a month in January to $145 in August!

Whatever! Lol have a tolerable Tuesday
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:37 am
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:30 am

Very cool! Enjoyr time at the museum! 

Thanks! Aisling is excited because the Guggenheim was in Spider-Man (the animated Spider-Verse movie) and in Mr. Popper's Penguins LOL!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

trainmom wrote:

Enjoy the pool! Perfect day for it! Don't you love being able to play your own music, do your own thing? I refer to that as "being able to move freely about the cabin" in our house LOL  

The baseball game sounds fun! I don't know your stadium but I know the difference between the upper decks at the old Shea Stadium and now Citi Field were so different. Shea was much steeper and I would be so scared up there. Citi Field is wider and not as tall. Sounds like you had a good time though and yeah free tix are always good!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 517

Post by SandyJay »

trainmom wrote:

I hope you get to enjoy the pool!  I love lap swimming.  I am afraid of heights myself, and I didn’t like being in the Comerica Park in Detroit for a hockey game.  I felt like I was clinging to a cliff wall!  Glad you got to enjoy a great game, though.  

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

blbabe1234 wrote:

Good luck with the inspection and the weather - ack!! Stay safe!!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb

Post by SandyJay »

Charleneanne wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:40 am
Good morning. Well morning anyhow. I am not an early person but don’t sleep well in hot weather. Awake today at 6:30am and just couldn’t get back to sleep. Since I generally don’t go to bed till after midnight, I am tired and like the old woman I am, most afternoons I take an involuntary nap on the sofa. Give me cold weather and an 8-9 hour hibernation and my flannel sheets every night!

Nothing much going on today. Some general cleaning and then go through some piles of junk I’ve ignored and see what I can toss or donate. Told my kids I was saving all the junk for summer heat when I have to stay inside lol and would need something to occupy my time.

Maybe soak the ground in the Hollyhock area of the garden. They need some work but I’ve been lazy this spring. Yard and gardens are nice but a lot of work. And my monthly water bill goes from $25 a month in January to $145 in August!

Whatever! Lol have a tolerable Tuesday

I hope you get a lot done with the donation stuff.  I am in that boat too.  I love Hollyhocks, but it is so windy here I don’t know how well they would do.  Enjoy your afternoon nap!  

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb

Post by SandyJay »

pawprints wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:11 am

Enjoy your afternoon scrapping Barb! 
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb

Post by SandyJay »

blbabe1234 wrote:

Enjoy the quiet day, good luck for a smooth inspection, and maybe do a rain dance, perhaps?  LOL. Wishing for slow steady soaking rain for y’all.  

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb

Post by SandyJay »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:15 am

I am in the same weather, Laura!  Yuck!  I went outside yesterday and couldn’t breathe well, so I stayed indoors.  The humidity is the worst.  Hope you have a productive day.  

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”