Scrap a Day, June 17th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Scrap a Day, June 17th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Hard to believe that we are already halfway through June. Nothing on my agenda today except for laundry and maybe do some work out in the yard. That’s about it from here today.

Have a great day Cherries.

Image Image Image

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Re: Scrap a Day, June 17th

Post by Flasher »

Good Morning!

I've got NOTHING to do here at home today!  Since we are under an excessive heat warning until Saturday, I decided to clean everything, launder everything, and cook everything yesterday so that I had very little to do this week! Our poor air conditioner is going to work its coils off this week!!

But, I do work a few hours this afternoon.  I recently went back to work (part time) at a local candy store.  I've worked there on and off for many years now.  It's a definite break from life. Yeah, it's a job, but it's chocolate . . . and candy . . . and bright colors . . . and . . . FUN!

Have a great day ALL!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2049

Post by MTCanuk »

pawprints wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:06 am
Hey Cherries. Hard to believe that we are already halfway through June. Nothing on my agenda today except for laundry and maybe do some work out in the yard. That’s about it from here today.

Sounds like laundry and yard is plenty to keep you busy today.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by MTCanuk »

Laura wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:21 am
Good Morning!

I've got NOTHING to do here at home today!  Since we are under an excessive heat warning until Saturday, I decided to clean everything, launder everything, and cook everything yesterday so that I had very little to do this week! Our poor air conditioner is going to work its coils off this week!!

But, I do work a few hours this afternoon.  I recently went back to work (part time) at a local candy store.  I've worked there on and off for many years now.  It's a definite break from life. Yeah, it's a job, but it's chocolate . . . and candy . . . and bright colors . . . and . . . FUN!

Have a great day ALL!

I would send you some of our cooler air if I could. Hang in there. I am not fond of excessive heat, either.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by MTCanuk »

It’s a rainy, grey day for us. We are headed for a whopping 46* today. Yes, snow at higher elevations. And yes, my furnace has been booming on.

DD got back to Seattle. Sure miss having her around. Need to wash sheets and towels here today. Maybe make a grocery run.

And make a little time for creating.
Last edited by MTCanuk on Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1790

Post by aheatfan »

pawprints wrote:

Yes, I need June to slllooooowwwww down!!

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

Laura wrote:
Good Morning!

Have a great day ALL!
That sounds like a fun place to work, it is hot here too...I feel ya!!

🌴Kristin  

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

MTCanuk wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:53 am
It’s a rainy, grey day for us. We are headed for a whopping 46* today. Yes, snow at higher elevations.

DD got back to Seattle. Sure miss having her around. Need to wash sheets and towels here today. Maybe make a grocery run.

Feel free to send some of that cold air down here. 

🌴Kristin  

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

Busy morning getting ready to go to my niece/goddaughters afternoon tea.  She opted for this instead of the big traditional quinceañera party.  Her mom is Latin, we are not.  She did take the quinceañera pictures and they are gorgeous.  I cannot believe she is 15!! Time goes much too quickly.  So today is pretty much devoted to her.  Hoping to scrap tomorrow after a little more deep cleaning. Have a great day everyone  😊
🌴Kristin  

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2457

Post by emmapaige »

It’s not too hot right now and we still haven’t turned on the AC. But I know we will be turning in on soon. I want to finish the two layouts I started at the crop on Saturday. But I’ve been chilling in our bedroom with the shades down and the door shut. It is literally like a cave in here.i may hibernate in here until September.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 471

Post by GinniG »

pawprints wrote:

Yes Barb! This year is just flying by!!! Enjoy your yard work!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Laura wrote:
Good Morning!

Have a great day ALL!

Laura, is it hard to resist all that deliciousness? I’m afraid I’d be like Lucy and Ethel at the chocolate candy factory! Lolol! Stay cool!!!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

MTCanuk wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:53 am
It’s a rainy, grey day for us. We are headed for a whopping 46* today. Yes, snow at higher elevations. And yes, my furnace has been booming on.

Hard to believe it’s still so cold up there! Where we live it’s only going to be 55! But down here we’ve cooled off to 88! Crazy!!! Stay warm and be safe running tide errands.
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

aheatfan wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:00 am
Busy morning getting ready to go to my niece/goddaughters afternoon tea.  She opted for this instead of the big traditional quinceañera party.  Her mom is Latin, we are not.  She did take the quinceañera pictures and they are gorgeous.  I cannot believe she is 15!! Time goes much too quickly.  So today is pretty much devoted to her.  Hoping to scrap tomorrow after a little more deep cleaning. Have a great day everyone  😊

Sounds like a great time! Those quinceanera parties can be beautiful but expensive! How fun to make it a tea party instead! But to have those pictures is also awesome!

Have fun creating!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

emmapaige wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:05 am
It’s not too hot right now and we still haven’t turned on the AC. But I know we will be turning in on soon. I want to finish the two layouts I started at the crop on Saturday. But I’ve been chilling in our bedroom with the shades down and the door shut. It is literally like a cave in here.i may hibernate in here until September.

Chris, hibernating sounds like a good plan! Lol! Enjoy whatever you do!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Hey Cherries! 🍒🍒🍒

We had a very busy but good weekend. Got some good pictures and got to see lots of family- most of whom I’ve never met! They were all so happy to see us!

It’s been super hot. Driving home yesterday it was 97 when we got stuck in accident traffic. The a/c in the car we were driving couldn’t keep up and we were roasting! Today it’s only supposed to be 85. Yay! Lolol!

I’m going to see if Steve is up to a bit of shopping. Want to check out the Hobby Lobby and Michaels here. Need to find a post office too.

Otherwise we’ll be resting. Tomorrow is prep day for the surgery and Wednesday is the surgery! It’s almost here!

Have a wonderful day sweet DCs!!!
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1367

Post by scrappinmom99 »

pawprints wrote:

I can't believe we are halfway through June either! I feel like this year is flying by! Freelancing is usually feast or famine and between that and back to work at the stadium, I feel like I am running to stand still. I had pretty much no work after the Mohs surgery and now everybody has come out of the woodwork LOL! It's good because bills LOL but it's so time-consuming. Not as much scrappy time as I would like. Last week all I did was a Father's Day card for DH. I still have to take a pic and upload it. I'm hoping the MMC challenges will get me moving again. 

Oh and our landlord is supposed to send someone to work on the toilet in the main bathroom..."sometime this week"....gee, could you be a little more specific!? I have things to do and places to be!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Laura wrote:
Good Morning!

Have a great day ALL!
These heat waves are going to be crazy! I think we are going to have one toward the end of the week. Eek! (I'm glad the Mets aren't home this week LOL) Good idea to get everything out of the way now. The candy store job sounds fun...and tempting.......

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Post by Flasher »

emmapaige wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:05 am

Hey . . . that cave sounds divine!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by scrappinmom99 »

GinniG wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:21 am
Hey Cherries! 🍒🍒🍒

We had a very busy but good weekend. Got some good pictures and got to see lots of family- most of whom I’ve never met! They were all so happy to see us!

It’s been super hot. Driving home yesterday it was 97 when we got stuck in accident traffic. The a/c in the car we were driving couldn’t keep up and we were roasting! Today it’s only supposed to be 85. Yay! Lolol!

I’m going to see if Steve is up to a bit of shopping. Want to check out the Hobby Lobby and Michaels here. Need to find a post office too.

Otherwise we’ll be resting. Tomorrow is prep day for the surgery and Wednesday is the surgery! It’s almost here!

Have a wonderful day sweet DCs!!!

I'm so glad you are getting lots of family time - it sounds wonderful! You'll have fun scrapping all that! 97 is awful and I'm sure you're not used to that! Ack! 

Hope Steve feels well enough to go shopping and that you find some great stuff. Shopping in person is so much fun. I know I lose my head when I visit my BFF in NJ and we go to the craft stores. The only Michaels near me closed down a couple of years ago :( 

Good luck and prayers for the surgery!!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”