Scrap a Day, June 4th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1053

Scrap a Day, June 4th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Had to turn on the a/c yesterday. It was warm. Worked out because we also had an air quality alert. So the house was very comfy. Today I have to run over to my mom’s for a few hours. Her printer died and I ordered her a new one and will bring it over today and set it up for her. We’ll have Panera for lunch first.

Hope you all have a great day.

Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Re: Scrap a Day, June 4th

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning Barb! Enjoy the day with your mom. BTW...LOVE your new signature! :greeninlove: :greeninlove:

A crazy busy day yesterday, all day. Work had me everywhere's (thank goodness I work from home 😜 ). The garage door guy showed up to take extra measurements and visualize the garage door opening as this is all being built and not replaced. The contractors arrived at 4:15 and the engineers were supposed to be there too to do inspection but they didn't get here until 4:45. We passed that, so now we need to get the electrical inspection.

Just working today...

Have a great day cherries.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1800

Post by aheatfan »

Barb....I'm always fascinated by people that said they had to turn the air on - in JUNE!!!  Air is a year round thing here for sure. 

We are almost at the end...2 more days after today and I could not be more ready!!  Have wanted to scrap but am going home so tired. I started a series on Netflix - Your Honor with Bryan Cranston...soooooo good so I just go home and chill. Will start scrapping again next week. 

Wishing everyone a fantastic day  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

aheatfan wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:39 am
Barb....I'm always fascinated by people that said they had to turn the air on - in JUNE!!!  Air is a year round thing here for sure.

Ditto! 😂 😂
It's been brutal here since May. 🔥 🔥  Our overnight lows have been between 80 and 85, and we have been having heat indexes between 95 and 100 by 5:30 am. OMG.....Luckily...we only "warm up" to 93 during the day, but factor in humidty, our heat index has been 107 to 115. I don't EVEN want to know what the rest of summer looks like.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Mommyof5
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 182

Post by Mommyof5 »

I love Panera!  Enjoy the time with your Mom! 

When my hubby and I go visit his Grandmother in Tucson, there is a place that she orders lunch from EVERY day, and it never gets old.  It is called Bison Witches--similar to Panera. They have a broccoli and cheese soup in a bread bowl that is to die for!!   ---I wish there was one in Houston, but I will take Panera! 
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2056

Post by MTCanuk »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:47 am
aheatfan wrote:

Ditto! 😂 😂
It's been brutal here since May. 🔥 🔥  Our overnight lows have been between 80 and 85, and we have been having heat indexes between 95 and 100 by 5:30 am. OMG.....Luckily...we only "warm up" to 93 during the day, but factor in humidty, our heat index has been 107 to 115. I don't EVEN want to know what the rest of summer looks like.

Can I tell you , we haven’t even uncovered our ac unit yet.. soon, though. Predicted highs in the 80’s for next week. I’d just melt in all that heat!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2056

Post by MTCanuk »

Just in from my torture treatment- PT. Now having some Shreddies to eat and icing my knee. Hurts like heck!!

Another day of me and the couch. I like my couch, but not having to live on it day and night.

Super windy today, gusts up to 60mph and higher closer to the mountains. Hope not too much damage from it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 519

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

pawprints wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:22 am
Hey Cherries. Had to turn on the a/c yesterday. It was warm. Worked out because we also had an air quality alert. So the house was very comfy. Today I have to run over to my mom’s for a few hours. Her printer died and I ordered her a new one and will bring it over today and set it up for her. We’ll have Panera for lunch first.

Hope you all have a great day.

Enjoy your day with your mom! 😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:18 pm
Just in from my torture treatment- PT. Now having some Shreddies to eat and icing my knee. Hurts like heck!!

Another day of me and the couch. I like my couch, but not having to live on it day and night.

Super windy today, gusts up to 60mph and higher closer to the mountains. Hope not too much damage from it.

Awwww Leslee I'm sorry!!!
I'm praying for all good things for you!!! 🙏🏻🍒♥️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

aheatfan wrote:

We are almost at the end...2 more days after today and I could not be more ready!!  Have wanted to scrap but am going home so tired. I started a series on Netflix - Your Honor with Bryan Cranston...soooooo good so I just go home and chill. Will start scrapping again next week. 

Awww, keep hanging in there, Kristin! You're so close!! 😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
aheatfan wrote:

Ditto! 😂 😂

Ouches y'all! 😂 I waited until noon to turn my on today 😂
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Mommyof5 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:12 am
I love Panera!  Enjoy the time with your Mom! 

When my hubby and I go visit his Grandmother in Tucson, there is a place that she orders lunch from EVERY day, and it never gets old.  It is called Bison Witches--similar to Panera. They have a broccoli and cheese soup in a bread bowl that is to die for!!   ---I wish there was one in Houston, but I will take Panera! 

😋 Yummmmmmy! Lol now I gotta get me some broccoli and cheese soup sometime! 😂
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊
It's been a little bit busy of a day but I'm gonna slow down and relax for a while now 😂 I've got the AC on and I'm gonna watch some Grey's soon.
I've been working on some projects, starting small, and getting my thoughts in order I guess.
I was turned down for my disability and need to call my lawyer and talk to her. I'm hesitant to reapply because I'm officially broke! 🤷‍♀️ I mean, I'm blessed with amazing support but I've always supported myself and others, too.
On the plus side, a friend stopped by this and wants a painting when it's finished! 😊😊😊😊😊😊 I KNOW that no matter what, I HAVE to keep doing art! So, today I'm gonna allow myself some playtime, and some time to rest.
Stay blessed, Cherries! 🍒 ♥️😊
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:37 am
Good morning Barb! Enjoy the day with your mom. BTW...LOVE your new signature! :greeninlove: :greeninlove:

A crazy busy day yesterday, all day. Work had me everywhere's (thank goodness I work from home 😜 ). The garage door guy showed up to take extra measurements and visualize the garage door opening as this is all being built and not replaced. The contractors arrived at 4:15 and the engineers were supposed to be there too to do inspection but they didn't get here until 4:45. We passed that, so now we need to get the electrical inspection.

Just working today...

Have a great day cherries.
Thanks Brandy. I am so glad it is all moving along so well now. Hope work goes much more smoothly for you today.

Image Image Image

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

Ugh. Not even officially summer for 16 days yet. 81 at 10am already. Oh well lol. I’ll just deal with it. Not going to wish summer over already. At my age ya need to savor each day and not wish your life away! lol

My friend that lives about 35 minutes away and hates to drive has figured out how she’s going to fill her time in the summer heat. lol. She wants me to put her on video chat when I’m making cards. She likes to watch me and see how I figure out stuff!!! We’ll see how that goes.

Everybody stay cool and the catch phrase on our tv news these days is hydrate hydrate hydrate! lol. Scrap on
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:18 pm

Ouch! Sorry you're in pain! Hope you feel better
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

aheatfan wrote:

Lol it's a process here turning the a/c on for the first time of the season. I have to go around to all the rooms and open the air duct vents, as we close them all off in the fall. If we don't then cold air comes down into the rooms from them over the winter. Then I replace the filters in the air inakes (I have two systems). DH used to do all of this, but now it is up to DS and I to do. Once that is done then we turn it on and wait for that cool air to come out, hoping that it all works and that we didn't have a coolant leak over the winter. And this year hoping that anything that went on with the roofing and plywood replacing didn't cause a problem. It was really warm out yesterday and when the upstairs thermostat hit 80 we decided it was time. And yay it all went well. Lol.

Only 2 more days! Yay! You can do it!!

Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:57 pm
Hey Cherries 😊
It's been a little bit busy of a day but I'm gonna slow down and relax for a while now 😂 I've got the AC on and I'm gonna watch some Grey's soon.
I've been working on some projects, starting small, and getting my thoughts in order I guess.
I was turned down for my disability and need to call my lawyer and talk to her. I'm hesitant to reapply because I'm officially broke! 🤷‍♀️ I mean, I'm blessed with amazing support but I've always supported myself and others, too.
On the plus side, a friend stopped by this and wants a painting when it's finished! 😊😊😊😊😊😊 I KNOW that no matter what, I HAVE to keep doing art! So, today I'm gonna allow myself some playtime, and some time to rest.
Stay blessed, Cherries! 🍒 ♥️😊

OMG! You got denied?!!! Are they smokin' crack?! I'm sorry Holly!!! (((HUGS)))

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Charleneanne wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:26 pm
Ugh. Not even officially summer for 16 days yet. 81 at 10am already. Oh well lol. I’ll just deal with it. Not going to wish summer over already. At my age ya need to savor each day and not wish your life away! lol

My friend that lives about 35 minutes away and hates to drive has figured out how she’s going to fill her time in the summer heat. lol. She wants me to put her on video chat when I’m making cards. She likes to watch me and see how I figure out stuff!!! We’ll see how that goes.

Everybody stay cool and the catch phrase on our tv news these days is hydrate hydrate hydrate! lol. Scrap on
That sounds cool!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
aheatfan wrote:

Ditto! 😂 😂

Ugh! Humidity is the worst. I am not looking forward to LI humidity. Most of the time June is a great month and the bad humidity doesn't hit until near the end of the month as we enter July. July and August are usually our steamy months. Not looking forward to that at all. I'd rather it be 85 with no humidity than 72 with humidity.

Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”