Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

2 Questions (Stencils and Cherry Recommendation)
Ok, ladies, I need some help.

First, I forgot to wash the texture paste off of two stencils, and now it's all dried on. How do I clean them? They are really detailed/delicate stencils, otherwise I'd probably go at them with a vegetable brush. I've soaked them for about 10 minutes, and it helps, but the paste is still stuck on there pretty good!

Second, can someone recommend a cherry who does awesome two page layouts with larger photos (4x6 preferably)? I need a layout to lift for the bi-monthly scraplift prompt, and I'm staring a big, ol stack of 4x6 photos. 
Leslie

CraftyDoer

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: 2 Questions (Stencils and Cherry Recommendation)
Helloo. What works for me it soaking them in hot water and Dawn soap for about 5. I rub it off gently with my fingers and sometimes nails. I do however normally rinse off my stencils as soon as I'm done using them. I've heard Murphy Oil Soap works well but I have not used it.

Doing all the crafty things.

Image ImageImageImage

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I’m pretty sure that last months 2 page sketch challenge had a lot of 4x6 photos so you can find someone who did that and lift them. I used to do a lot of 2 page travel layouts with large photos, but that might be before I was on this board. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

I do the same as Jessica with my stencils.  The detailed ones are really difficult and I try to steer away from them, same with my die cuts.  I have a few with tiny  branches and like a sun burst that I used once or twice but avoid for that reason.  If I do, I only use inks.  The newer Stencil Butters are really the best texture pastes that I have used.  They are a very easy clean up.

Have you checked out the Double Page Challenge!  hsblair/Holly hosts and has some super double pagers in her gallery.  Wendy Crowe comes to mind for me as far as 2 pagers.  She has some awesome double page LOs in her gallery. 
    ImageImage

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I recommend Joanie’s gallery for 2 page layouts.  She has quite a few.
https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/user/21923780

As for stencils, I learned the hard way to clean up right after using them.  A little dish soap and warm water.  Stencil paste is my worst nightmare!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

I soak in Dawn for 5-10 minutes and then scrub.  Maybe if it is something really intricate, lay the stencil down and then squirt the Dawn on it and let it sit before soaking in water - thinking that might cut down on having to scrub a lot and potentially damage the stencil?
Rebecca

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

I’ve heard dawn power wash is good for stencils. I haven’t tried it because I haven’t forgotten mine yet lol yet! 
ImageImage 

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I agree with the Dawn soap and hot water. If it’s really thick you might want to mix the soap and hot water and let it soak for a bit.

Good luck!

LoreenC

Cherry Garcia

Dawn Soap sounds like the trick! I am going to try it too!
you could search the Cherry Gallery for 4x6 prints double page too! Good luck! 
ImageImageImageImageImage

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

if you're doing a lot of stenciling, like having a background-making session, you can keep a tub of hot soapy water nearby and just plop each stencil in it as you finish.
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee