are you a theme scrapper?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

stinkerbelle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 750

are you a theme scrapper?

Post by stinkerbelle »

do you consider yourself to be a theme scrapper?

my answer would be yes and no.  for some things like holidays, seasons and most travel pages, definitely.  but i also do pages where i just use pretty paper.

what about you?  
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 517

Re: are you a theme scrapper?

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

If I had to say a specific theme, mine would be random 😂 lol!

I scrap family, everyday moments, fur babies and I'm slowly getting more of me and my faves into my albums.

I scrap everything I feel like scrappin', which means that I have a million project ideas in my head all the time!
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2337

Post by Art_Teacher »

I tend to be more of a theme scrapper (or event scrapper).  That is when I take most photos.  I'm not very good at capturing those daily moments. lol  I do break out of the theme when I am scrapping for my designer, Silvia Romeo, because when I have to only use her kit, sometimes I don't have photos of whatever the kit's theme is, so I get to show how versatile it can be. ;)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2337

Post by Art_Teacher »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:25 am

I scrap family, everyday moments, fur babies and I'm slowly getting more of me and my faves into my albums.

I scrap everything I feel like scrappin', which means that I have a million project ideas in my head all the time!
That last sentence is you and me, both! lol

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1384

Post by VickiR »

Yep, I agree with Holly and Laura.  I am a random scrapper.  If I really love a photo, it's getting scrapped (on paper, of course).  Sometimes I do an event, but it's usually only one page.  Rarely a two pager.
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:27 am
I tend to be more of a theme scrapper (or event scrapper).  That is when I take most photos.  I'm not very good at capturing those daily moments. lol  I do break out of the theme when I am scrapping for my designer, Silvia Romeo, because when I have to only use her kit, sometimes I don't have photos of whatever the kit's theme is, so I get to show how versatile it can be. ;)

I love that you get to switch it up when working for your designer!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:27 am
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:25 am

That last sentence is you and me, both! lol

Lol great minds think alike!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:30 am
Yep, I agree with Holly and Laura.  I am a random scrapper.  If I really love a photo, it's getting scrapped (on paper, of course).  Sometimes I do an event, but it's usually only one page.  Rarely a two pager.

I rarely do two-pagers also. I'm like you, too, if I love a photo, it's getting scrapped. Lol sometimes more than once! 😂
QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1720

Post by QueenBee89 »

I loveeeee theme!!! As I sit here with campfire photos and s’mores paper & a campfire piece of ephemera in front of me! I was pleasantly giddy when I used “crackling campfire” and “black soot” inks for the background!

So yea, I think I’m a theme scrapbooker LOL
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
CelesteB
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 169

Post by CelesteB »

Not really. Other than travel and beach themes. 
VALERIE 03/22
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 449

Post by VALERIE 03/22 »

SOMETIMES I AM JUST DEPENDS ON THE HOLIDAY OR WHAT IS GOING ON AT THE MOMENT.................. I DO -DO A LOT OF 2 PAGERS CUZ I TAKE SO MANY PICS OF WHAT IS GOING ON................... BUT THATS OKAY WITH ME I LIKE DOING 2 PAGERS............ ONCE IN AWHILE I WILL DO A 3 OR 4-PAGE EVENT MAINLY X-MAS PICS GET THE 3 OR 4 PAGER....................... VALERIE
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 948

Post by suewho372 »

Not typically except for puppies and seasons …. Or if I am scrapping for the wedding book
Susan

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 743

Post by sherelm »

You betcha!!  I have all kinds of albums for everything - Christmas, Heritage, and then I spread out to individual relatives, and then on to things like aerospace {my brother was the head of mission control for all three NASA locations - Florida, Houston, and California - at the same time  - they all reported to him - yep I'm so proud of him!!!) and recipe, even scrapbook trips!!  And you folks would lose it if you saw how many rooms I have loaded with supplies.  My sister started to sort everything.  And she doesn't scrapbook nor make cards.  She's my little helper!! 
shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2864

Post by shoorn »

I do both - theme/event and non-theme pages. Holidays, travel, heritage - but I also do everyday stuff too, family photos or just photos that I like. It really depends on how I feel or what ideas are floating around in my head. Many times I write these down in my scrapping notebook - ideas, photos that I want to scrap, goals for the month, to-do lists - including challenges I want to do, sketch out plans for a page sometimes. 
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
Mathandlit
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 434

Post by Mathandlit »

My favorite photos to scrapbook are holiday themed or vacation themed, but sometimes one of the ACOT challenges will inspire me to do something else.
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 750

Post by stinkerbelle »

QueenBee89 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:23 am
I loveeeee theme!!! As I sit here with campfire photos and s’mores paper & a campfire piece of ephemera in front of me! I was pleasantly giddy when I used “crackling campfire” and “black soot” inks for the background!

yes, this is exactly what i meant by theme scrapper!  i feel like i can't do a page about cats without a cat somewhere lol
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2449

Post by joannie »

YES!! I have a ton of theme collections in my stash!! I kinda wish I wasn't...my stash would probably not be so large!! lol!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
Nana01
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 95

Post by Nana01 »

It depends on my photos. I love doing one photo layouts of just a random shot but if it’s an event then there will be a theme.
Just call me Nan - it's short and sweet  

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

Like many of y'all...my answer is yes and no. Yes to puppies and kitties and holidays (particularly Christmas). But others - no. It all depends on the photo(s) and which paper(s) I want to use
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1720

Post by QueenBee89 »

stinkerbelle wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:25 am
QueenBee89 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:23 am

yes, this is exactly what i meant by theme scrapper!  i feel like i can't do a page about cats without a cat somewhere lol

I can do it, but I prefer not too! LOL - I’ll switch it up and with photos of my boys I’ll match the theme to their outfit instead of just baby boy collections. Bear and fish jammies? Nature papers!
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”