Scrap a Day, August 28th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Scrap a Day, August 28th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Our high heat broke and we are at 71 degrees. We had a thunderstorm overnight and downpouring rain but now it’s cloudy and overcast. I did a lot working on on the clear drawer covers for the Dream Box yesterday. I tell you it’s a process deciding what you want to do. I finally went with using Doodlebug petite print papers and am so happy with my decision. It is coming along great. I have a few errands to run today and then I’ll be back at it.

Have a great Saturday Cherries.

Image Image Image

cat1393
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 221

Re: Scrap a Day, August 28th

Post by cat1393 »

Good afternoon!
Air is off, windows are finally open, and I am enjoying the fresh air. Along w/ the outdoor noises.
I've been retired for 3 months from my f/t job. Next week I start my p/t job at the school, 3.5 hours/day. Perfect retirement job to get out of the house for a few hours. Weekends, Holidays and having the summer off, can't ask be better :)
I haven't scrapbooked in quite some time. Craft desk needs a major cleaning!

Christine
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

Hi girls! Glad y'all's heat broke. Ours won't try to break for another 2 months or so. A very very humid and hot few days while Hurricane Ida churns in the gulf. Prayers for Louisiana peeps. 

Received an updated from my SIL last night. Laura is holding her own and is stable. She was doing a little bit better yesterday. Oxygen support has been decreased to 70% and her stats are good. She is still receiving the breathing treatments and is on IV for her nutrition/vitamins/medications. They do daily chest X-Rays to monitor the pneumonia. She is still sedated but they were going to remove her off the paralytic either today or tomorrow. Doctor says its touch and go. 

First Saturday in F.O.R.E.V.E.R that I/we have no errands to run, no parties to host, no promised have been made, etc. So I've been in my room the last couple of hours. I did the Double Page challenge and combined it with Title Challenge.

I'm planning on doing the BF sketch next!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2337

Post by Art_Teacher »

Great layout, Brandy!  Love 2-pagers! :)
Barb, I wish our heat had broken. We got the thunderstorm Thursday night and it was cooler in the morning (mid-60’s) on Friday, but still made it to 91 degrees!

Two days of school in, but we released 2 hours early due to the 90-degree temps and all the rooms at our elementary building without a/c, as well as the handful at the high school without a/c.  But this year, mine wasn’t one of the handful!  Yay! My new a/c works so well! :)  Already have a bunch of kids who were sent home Friday, because some student tested positive for covid.  Stupidest part was his parents took him to get tested and then let him come to school on Thursday before getting the results! smh  We are never getting out of this thing, because people are too stupid!

I am having a bunch of tummy trouble this morning. Not sure if it is that time of the month, stress, heat, or something I ate.  Maybe all of the above. Sigh...
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2050

Post by MTCanuk »

It was cool and misting earlier, but has nicely cleared and very comfortable out.  
The DD and littlest minion and I all headed to the farmers market.  It’s the time of year I love seeing all the fresh produce.  Brought some fresh beets home and they are boiled up now.  Hubby doesn’t eat them, but I sure love them.  Got a ham thawed out of the freezer for dinner.  And just put some carrot cake muffins in the oven.  

Then I can play the afternoon away.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1786

Post by CarrieG »

nice lazy saturday here...its hot out and im battling a headache but getting some stuff done...
im hoping to get the BF challenge done at some point today

i also want to watch yesterdays video on trav notebooks and work in mine a bit....

no big plans here...

have a great saturday ladies
traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 755

Post by traveler »

Our heat also broke last night, today is cooler but dreary.

I have a silly problem for you today instead of what has been becoming my usual bad news. 

I made this Jewish New Year card yesterday. It was going to be for my sister because purple is her favorite color. We driving from Philly back to NJ. The Nuvo drops were still wet so I had it sitting on the counter face up and was hoping to grab it at the last minute when it hopefully dried. So, my husband got home but was on a call so I motioned to him not to touch it because it's still wet. He somehow decided that it meant to write in it and shove it in the envelope. So, he wrote our names in his horrible illegible handwriting with no space to write how it was to, and then shoved it in the envelope smudging the Nuvo drops. Luckily when I noticed this, the smudges weren't completely dry and I was able to remove most of the mess with a tweezer. Also, I used reposition able tape to attached the blue mat to the card base, so I was able to pull it off. Now it is in Philly drying with only a small smudge, and hopefully he will successfully bring it back here one day this week so I can send it to my sister in time for the Jewish New year. I was so furious and frustrated. I know it seems like a silly thing to get upset about, but I was proud of this card and it took me much longer to make then it looks and I can't remake it because all those inks and stamps are there, and I am here. 

Today I will probably make. more traditional Jewish New Year card for my MIL and maybe another one for my sister in case I can't get this one put back together and mailed in time. Jewish New Year is early this week. 

Have a great day everyone!

Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

traveler
Cherry Cola

Post by traveler »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:27 pm
  Already have a bunch of kids who were sent home Friday, because some student tested positive for covid.  Stupidest part was his parents took him to get tested and then let him come to school on Thursday before getting the results! smh  We are never getting out of this thing, because people are too stupid!

Agree, we need less stupidity. I hope your school year goes more smoothly as time goes on. 

Louise

traveler
Cherry Cola

Post by traveler »

pawprints wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:20 am
Hey Cherries. Our high heat broke and we are at 71 degrees. We had a thunderstorm overnight and downpouring rain but now it’s cloudy and overcast. I did a lot working on on the clear drawer covers for the Dream Box yesterday. I tell you it’s a process deciding what you want to do. I finally went with using Doodlebug petite print papers and am so happy with my decision. It is coming along great. I have a few errands to run today and then I’ll be back at it.

Have a great Saturday Cherries.

I can't wait to see pictures of it when it is done.
Louise

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:27 pm
Great layout, Brandy!  Love 2-pagers! :)
Barb, I wish our heat had broken. We got the thunderstorm Thursday night and it was cooler in the morning (mid-60’s) on Friday, but still made it to 91 degrees!

Two days of school in, but we released 2 hours early due to the 90-degree temps and all the rooms at our elementary building without a/c, as well as the handful at the high school without a/c.  But this year, mine wasn’t one of the handful!  Yay! My new a/c works so well! :)  Already have a bunch of kids who were sent home Friday, because some student tested positive for covid.  Stupidest part was his parents took him to get tested and then let him come to school on Thursday before getting the results! smh  We are never getting out of this thing, because people are too stupid!

I am having a bunch of tummy trouble this morning. Not sure if it is that time of the month, stress, heat, or something I ate.  Maybe all of the above. Sigh...

O.M.G! WOW! Idiots!

Hope you feel better
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

trainmom wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:13 pm

I have a silly problem for you today instead of what has been becoming my usual bad news. 

I made this Jewish New Year card yesterday. It was going to be for my sister because purple is her favorite color. We driving from Philly back to NJ. The Nuvo drops were still wet so I had it sitting on the counter face up and was hoping to grab it at the last minute when it hopefully dried. So, my husband got home but was on a call so I motioned to him not to touch it because it's still wet. He somehow decided that it meant to write in it and shove it in the envelope. So, he wrote our names in his horrible illegible handwriting with no space to write how it was to, and then shoved it in the envelope smudging the Nuvo drops. Luckily when I noticed this, the smudges weren't completely dry and I was able to remove most of the mess with a tweezer. Also, I used reposition able tape to attached the blue mat to the card base, so I was able to pull it off. Now it is in Philly drying with only a small smudge, and hopefully he will successfully bring it back here one day this week so I can send it to my sister in time for the Jewish New year. I was so furious and frustrated. I know it seems like a silly thing to get upset about, but I was proud of this card and it took me much longer to make then it looks and I can't remake it because all those inks and stamps are there, and I am here. 

Today I will probably make. more traditional Jewish New Year card for my MIL and maybe another one for my sister in case I can't get this one put back together and mailed in time. Jewish New Year is early this week. 

Ugh! DUDE!!! That would frustrate me too. But on the flip side, your card is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Got the BF Sketch done. 

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

JAire
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 950

Post by JAire »

Today is quickly coming to an end. I did make a card, but I'm procrastinating on the layout for the BF sketch. My scraping would be easier if all the photos I scraped were taken by me, but my DGD sends me pics of my sweet littles and when I scrap them I often don't have any idea what to say about it. I sent Kara a pic of the nearly completed page and asked for help with a title or some comment or caption. She sent me the name of the place where they were. Not a lot of help, so I may end up with that as the title and no journaling.
Louise your card is lovely and so is your story about DH! Down the road you will recall this incident, maybe when you are waiting for Nuvo to dry, and chuckle about your naive non-crafting hubby. I stress over finding a safe place for my Nuvo to dry.
Sounds like a nice meal for you Leslee. I would enjoy visiting a fresh produce market, alas, I just have Publix.
Looking forward to your completed project Barb!
I am baking a frozen grain-free pizza with lots of added extras. 
Joyce Ann
ImageImageImageImageImage

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:18 pm
Got the BF Sketch done. 

Aww...this is adorable! Love the bone washi and what a great photo!

Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

JAire wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:26 pm
Today is quickly coming to an end. I did make a card, but I'm procrastinating on the layout for the BF sketch. My scraping would be easier if all the photos I scraped were taken by me, but my DGD sends me pics of my sweet littles and when I scrap them I often don't have any idea what to say about it. I sent Kara a pic of the nearly completed page and asked for help with a title or some comment or caption. She sent me the name of the place where they were. Not a lot of help, so I may end up with that as the title and no journaling.
Louise your card is lovely and so is your story about DH! Down the road you will recall this incident, maybe when you are waiting for Nuvo to dry, and chuckle about your naive non-crafting hubby. I stress over finding a safe place for my Nuvo to dry.
Sounds like a nice meal for you Leslee. I would enjoy visiting a fresh produce market, alas, I just have Publix.
Looking forward to your completed project Barb!
I am baking a frozen grain-free pizza with lots of added extras. 
I know that feeling, because I often scrap photos from other people in the family.  Usually I just title it whatever the photos make me think and if I journal it is their names and the date.

Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

trainmom wrote:

Husbands, I tell you, they just don't get it!  It doesn't help for this card (although I think it looks really great, anyway), but a good spot to let your things dry is on top of your refrigerator.  The gentle heat the fridge puts out helps and it is up high where nobody touches it. 

Laura
traveler
Cherry Cola

Post by traveler »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:37 am
trainmom wrote:

Husbands, I tell you, they just don't get it!  It doesn't help for this card (although I think it looks really great, anyway), but a good spot to let your things dry is on top of your refrigerator.  The gentle heat the fridge puts out helps and it is up high where nobody touches it. 

This photo is from before. Hopefully I can put it back together almost the same. I can’t reach the top of the fridge, you must be taller than me. I usually let things dry on top of the printer or some other spot in my scrap room where No one goes. This card was on the counter because we were leaving and I was hoping to take it with me.
Louise

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

trainmom wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:43 am
Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:37 am
trainmom wrote:

This photo is from before. Hopefully I can put it back together almost the same. I can’t reach the top of the fridge, you must be taller than me. I usually let things dry on top of the printer or some other spot in my scrap room where No one goes. This card was on the counter because we were leaving and I was hoping to take it with me. 
:(  Rats!  I thought this was the fixed version.  Hope you can fix it!  Nope...I'm only 5'3", but I have a kitchen step stool! ;)

Laura
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

cat1393 wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:06 pm
Good afternoon!
Air is off, windows are finally open, and I am enjoying the fresh air. Along w/ the outdoor noises.
I've been retired for 3 months from my f/t job. Next week I start my p/t job at the school, 3.5 hours/day. Perfect retirement job to get out of the house for a few hours. Weekends, Holidays and having the summer off, can't ask be better :)
I haven't scrapbooked in quite some time. Craft desk needs a major cleaning!

So good to see you Christine! Happy retirement to you! Sounds like he perfect retirement p/t job! Hope you get to start scrapping again.

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:56 pm
Hi girls! Glad y'all's heat broke. Ours won't try to break for another 2 months or so. A very very humid and hot few days while Hurricane Ida churns in the gulf. Prayers for Louisiana peeps. 

Received an updated from my SIL last night. Laura is holding her own and is stable. She was doing a little bit better yesterday. Oxygen support has been decreased to 70% and her stats are good. She is still receiving the breathing treatments and is on IV for her nutrition/vitamins/medications. They do daily chest X-Rays to monitor the pneumonia. She is still sedated but they were going to remove her off the paralytic either today or tomorrow. Doctor says its touch and go. 

First Saturday in F.O.R.E.V.E.R that I/we have no errands to run, no parties to host, no promised have been made, etc. So I've been in my room the last couple of hours. I did the Double Page challenge and combined it with Title Challenge.

I'm planning on doing the BF sketch next!
This is such a sweet two pager Brandy!

Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”