Save at least 20% on all Fall and Halloween products, no promo code needed! Shop Now

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Scrap a Day, September 2nd
Hey Cherries. Anyone scrapping today? I will be working on getting my challenges up. It’s a rainy day so good for staying in and scrapping. That’s all I got for today. Lol.

Have a great day Cherries!

ImageImage Image Image  

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, September 2nd
I have had real trouble scrapping lately. I'm not sure what it is, I have photos already printed and cards that need to be sent. I have time. I go into my scrap room every day to use this computer. I write down the challenges and I have ideas. And I certainly have scrap supplies of every sort.  I just need to walk to the other desk and make things. Maybe today will be the day.

Meanwhile, the cork trivet that I made my sister arrived yesterday and the US Mail service did not break it, so that was a relief. I am going to make another one for us, my husband requested it and I have enough extra of everything (especially wine corks). My sister's was all California corks since she lives in California, so now I am pretty much out of California corks so the one for us will be the rest of the world. 

Yesterday I went for 3 walks with 3 different people (one was virtual) so that was most of what I did yesterday. Today the weather is not so nice, so maybe I will not go on any walks. I already ordered groceries, for drive by pickup on Friday instead of delivery, so that will be something different. 

Have a great day everyone!
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Another rainy day here! I'm planning on just spending the day getting my challenges in order and SCRAP! Have 1 more assignment I need to finish up first. 

DH has been having back, hip, leg problems for a few months and went to his 2nd Dr. appointment this week. He has a type of Stenosis and is going to try shots whenever it gets approved by his Insurance. The Dr. said he will definitely need back surgery. He also has a problem with one of his hands and goes for his 2nd shot for that next week. Seems like everything is happening to him lately. :(

Have a good day, everyone.
Image Image ImageImage

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

i finally get to join the rain gang...LOL  it stormed allllllllllllll night long...loud thunder and heavy rain...i slept like poo  
it just quit raining for the most part  high is only supposed to be 80 and partly overcast......but i will end up with horrid humidity im sure...grrrrrrrrrrr

i never did scrap much last night...the storm came in about 7 and i got lazy...LOL

hoping to finish this layout ive got going and start a challenge later today

have a great wednesday all!

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hope your husband feels better soon Deanna, pain stinks!!  No rain here, but soooo hot. Sorry the storm kept you up Carrie, they usually put me right out. Hoping to get started on at least one challenge tonight. Happy scrapping :)

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Wow would I love to b part of the rain gang. We seldom get rain here before mid to late October. We got a lot more rain and earlier in the fall when I was a child here. Climate change I guess.

Have a little yard work to do today. Green waste pickup this week and I need to get what I’ve done into the can. Then need to run to pet place for cat food. Can not run out of that. So yep hoping to get to some scrapping this Afternoon when too hot outside.

Enjoy the rain

Berta R.

Cherry Bing

Sorry to hear your DH is having so much pain, Deanna.  Mine is finally getting around with his walker.  Hope yours gets some answers soon. It's so hard worrying about your spouse.

It's going to be another hot one today.  I'm so ready for some cooler weather.  I do plan to scrap later.  Hope everyone has a good day.  Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight Carrie.  We could actually use some of that rain you're experiencing.   It's pretty dry here. No lightening tho.  You can keep those thunderstorms.   We've had over a hundred fires started by those here in California.   We definitely don't need more.   

I'm off to check the challenge board for inspiration.  Have a good day all!

***Berta***

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Hi cherries! The morning zoomed by and I've already checked on my dad's dogs twice today. I'll do it again tomorrow while he babysits Jasper.

Probably no scrapping here. Just busy day with work.

Deanna - sorry DH is in alot of pain. Hopefully the shots will help.
Carrie - our kind of humid? Like 75% - 100% after it rains? Sorry you slept like cr@p

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Good afternoon.  DH and I had hair appointments today.  Our stylist moved to a new salon and since the commute is 30 minutes instead of 10, I was tempted find a different stylist at the old salon.  I'm so glad I didn't because her new place is adorable and she was so grateful that we came to her.  DH was having problems getting out of breath and didn't think he'd be able to walk into the salon.  So she had him drive around to the back of the building and cut his hair outside.  She's done that in the past and promised if it got worse or too cold to cut outside, she'd come to our house and cut his hair in our garage.  

So I came home and did the BF Sketch challenge.  I still have to pick a winner for my August Challenge but I need to start dinner soon.  Luckily we have nothing to do tomorrow (although I hope to do a session of chair yoga) so hope to get caught up tomorrow.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

emmapaige wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:36 pm
Good afternoon.  DH and I had hair appointments today.  Our stylist moved to a new salon and since the commute is 30 minutes instead of 10, I was tempted find a different stylist at the old salon.  I'm so glad I didn't because her new place is adorable and she was so grateful that we came to her.  DH was having problems getting out of breath and didn't think he'd be able to walk into the salon.  So she had him drive around to the back of the building and cut his hair outside.  She's done that in the past and promised if it got worse or too cold to cut outside, she'd come to our house and cut his hair in our garage.  

So I came home and did the BF Sketch challenge.  I still have to pick a winner for my August Challenge but I need to start dinner soon.  Luckily we have nothing to do tomorrow (although I hope to do a session of chair yoga) so hope to get caught up tomorrow.

Chris I am so happy you are happy with her new location even though it is further sounds like it is well worth it. I am so sorry that your dh is so out of breath all the time. I hope his doctor can figure out why this is happening and why his bp is so low. Many ((hugs)) 

You layout is gorgeous!! I love your awesome title work!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Deanna13 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:41 am
Another rainy day here! I'm planning on just spending the day getting my challenges in order and SCRAP! Have 1 more assignment I need to finish up first. 

DH has been having back, hip, leg problems for a few months and went to his 2nd Dr. appointment this week. He has a type of Stenosis and is going to try shots whenever it gets approved by his Insurance. The Dr. said he will definitely need back surgery. He also has a problem with one of his hands and goes for his 2nd shot for that next week. Seems like everything is happening to him lately. :(

Have a good day, everyone.

So sorry your dh is having so much pain Deanna. I hope he can get some relief soon.

ImageImage Image Image  

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Hi, all!
I will apologize for not giving separate comments, because I am exhausted and it is only Wednesday. lol. It cooled down a tiny bit on Monday (only 82 degrees and about 58 in the morning) so my room was not as hot. The past few days it has been creeping up and today was so humid! Uggghh...the masks are killing me. I have come home with a headache for 5 days in a row. :(. I'm sorry, but re-breathing your CO2 is no bueno. I know there are health professionals dealing with this, but I am willing to bet they get more breaks than teachers...our classes come in every 3 minutes, so there is really no time to take down the mask. :(

I am sorry to complain, and my students have been great so far. Hoping we get to ditch these torture devices sometime soon, but I will not count on it. Mostly, I am just sad they don't get to have the high school experience they deserve! We will not have a Homecoming dance, no students can go to football games (unless they are siblings of players), and most of our clubs have been cancelled. :(.

I really want to keep up my scrapping to help with my mental status...I love seeing what you all are doing! :)
Laura
 Image    Image         

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:34 pm
Hi, all!
I will apologize for not giving separate comments, because I am exhausted and it is only Wednesday. lol. It cooled down a tiny bit on Monday (only 82 degrees and about 58 in the morning) so my room was not as hot. The past few days it has been creeping up and today was so humid! Uggghh...the masks are killing me. I have come home with a headache for 5 days in a row. :(. I'm sorry, but re-breathing your CO2 is no bueno. I know there are health professionals dealing with this, but I am willing to bet they get more breaks than teachers...our classes come in every 3 minutes, so there is really no time to take down the mask. :(

I am sorry to complain, and my students have been great so far. Hoping we get to ditch these torture devices sometime soon, but I will not count on it. Mostly, I am just sad they don't get to have the high school experience they deserve! We will not have a Homecoming dance, no students can go to football games (unless they are siblings of players), and most of our clubs have been cancelled. :(.

I really want to keep up my scrapping to help with my mental status...I love seeing what you all are doing! :)
As someone pointed out Laura health care professionals are at least in a cool environment. Operating rooms, ERs, hospital rooms are all kept cool to slow the spread of bacteria and germs. I feel for you having to wear a mask in that heat all day and also you are I'm sure constantly talking and that takes its toll too. So no need to apologize! You can vent here all you want! I feel for you and for your students too. 

ImageImage Image Image  

Aztam

Cherry Bing

I was able to finish the BF 187 in the nick of time! And I got the this or that challenge completed also. Today was my zoom crop with my BFFs. I also was able to label, inventory in Evernote, and put 49 vinyl stamps in clear sleeves. Wow did that feel good!

A binder full of stamps on my work desk is ready to inventory first thing in the morning. Working on my September goals because last month I was remiss in getting them all accomplished.

Hubs will have a 4 day weekend, but we have no plans. Maybe we will just hang out and enjoy the pool. It’s supposed to be 107º so summer is still hanging on in the Old Pueblo.

Zoom pilates tomorrow, I am getting used to 2 times a week. I need it!

ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Aztam wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:08 am
I was able to finish the BF 187 in the nick of time! And I got the this or that challenge completed also. Today was my zoom crop with my BFFs. I also was able to label, inventory in Evernote, and put 49 vinyl stamps in clear sleeves. Wow did that feel good!

A binder full of stamps on my work desk is ready to inventory first thing in the morning. Working on my September goals because last month I was remiss in getting them all accomplished.

Hubs will have a 4 day weekend, but we have no plans. Maybe we will just hang out and enjoy the pool. It’s supposed to be 107º so summer is still hanging on in the Old Pueblo.

Zoom pilates tomorrow, I am getting used to 2 times a week. I need it!

Wow you got a lot done!! Good for you!!

ImageImage Image Image  

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee