Scrap a Day, June 8th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Scrap a Day, June 8th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Another nice sunny day here today. 74 degrees and no humidity. I love it! I'm doing laundry today and hope to scrap. DH and DS and I are going to decide today if we are going to have our cleaning people come back on Wednesday or not. Depending on what decision we make will determine what else I am going to do today. If we don't have them come then I have a bunch of cleaning to do. If we do have them come then I have a bunch of stuff I have to put away. A lot of the things we were able to get delivered like hand soaps and laundry products and paper towels and some non perishable groceries I have all on the kitchen table and on the table in the foyer. And my dining room table has things all over it from a closet that needs to be reorganized. So yeah I really need to put all that away. Either way lol.

I do want to get some scrapping in today. I finished my layout for MMC Challenge #2 last night. I had a lot of fun with it. So now I can move on to the regular monthly challenges.

Have a great day Cherries and stay safe!

Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Re: Scrap a Day, June 8th

Post by blbabe1234 »

HI Barb! Super cute layout. Love the veneers!

I wish we were having ya'll's weather. Its just too hot/humid. We still had a HEAT INDEX of 92 at 10:30PM last night. Can you believe it? Its that storm that made landfall in Lousiana. The "clean" side gets the humidity and excessive heat while the "dirty" side gets all the rain, flooding from storm sturge and tornadoes. So it could be alot worse and I'm trying not to complain too much. We hit a high of 98 yesterday. Today we are supposed to be 100 and even HOTTER tomorrow. And that's just air temperature. I don't even want to THINK about what the heat index will be. So inside I will be. ALL WEEK. Of course, with the exception of getting the mail, groceries, etc. Thank god for a/c! And NO walk today - actually no walk this week. I'm staying in and using the bike to get my daily exercise.

I got started on my 3rd layout yesterday - Double Page Challenge but had to stop to make dinner. Not sure if I'll do any scrapping or not. Today I'm working on updating the current Disaster Plan for my client. They tend to update it around May/June - just in time for Hurricane Season. NOW...with everything else going on, it even talks about what a foster parent will do in case of a disaster not planned/forecasted AND terrorism. Crazy world we live in.

HOpe everyone has a great day.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:25 pm

I wish we were having ya'll's weather. Its just too hot/humid. We still had a HEAT INDEX of 92 at 10:30PM last night. Can you believe it? Its that storm that made landfall in Lousiana. The "clean" side gets the humidity and excessive heat while the "dirty" side gets all the rain, flooding from storm sturge and tornadoes. So it could be alot worse and I'm trying not to complain too much. We hit a high of 98 yesterday. Today we are supposed to be 100 and even HOTTER tomorrow. And that's just air temperature. I don't even want to THINK about what the heat index will be. So inside I will be. ALL WEEK. Of course, with the exception of getting the mail, groceries, etc. Thank god for a/c! And NO walk today - actually no walk this week. I'm staying in and using the bike to get my daily exercise.

I got started on my 3rd layout yesterday - Double Page Challenge but had to stop to make dinner. Not sure if I'll do any scrapping or not. Today I'm working on updating the current Disaster Plan for my client. They tend to update it around May/June - just in time for Hurricane Season. NOW...with everything else going on, it even talks about what a foster parent will do in case of a disaster not planned/forecasted AND terrorism. Crazy world we live in.

Thanks Brandy. Wow that is hot! And with the added humidity! Ugh! I'd stay inside in the a/c too!!

Image Image Image

Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 699

Post by Aztam »

pawprints wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:08 pm
Hey Cherries. Another nice sunny day here today. 74 degrees and no humidity. I love it! I'm doing laundry today and hope to scrap. DH and DS and I are going to decide today if we are going to have our cleaning people come back on Wednesday or not. Depending on what decision we make will determine what else I am going to do today. If we don't have them come then I have a bunch of cleaning to do. If we do have them come then I have a bunch of stuff I have to put away. A lot of the things we were able to get delivered like hand soaps and laundry products and paper towels and some non perishable groceries I have all on the kitchen table and on the table in the foyer. And my dining room table has things all over it from a closet that needs to be reorganized. So yeah I really need to put all that away. Either way lol.

I do want to get some scrapping in today. I finished my layout for MMC Challenge #2 last night. I had a lot of fun with it. So now I can move on to the regular monthly challenges.

This is a fun layout! 

I hear you on completing the MMC challenges, I squeaked the last one out yesterday. I really want to complete these challenges as a personal goal. I’ve done an on-going challenge like the MMC so I hope to stay healthy enough to make it happen.

I also have stuff all over my dining table. I have been slowly going through old supplies and have made some good progress on purging. Once done with that and completing inventory of what I am keeping I will be able to really focus on scrapping! And as you stated, now I can get busy with some of the other challenges!

ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 699

Post by Aztam »

pawprints wrote:

This is a fun layout! 

I hear you on completing the MMC challenges, I squeaked the last one out yesterday. I really want to complete these challenges as a personal goal. I’ve done an on-going challenge like the MMC so I hope to stay healthy enough to make it happen.

I also have stuff all over my dining table. I have been slowly going through old supplies and have made some good progress on purging. Once done with that and completing inventory of what I am keeping I will be able to really focus on scrapping! And as you stated, now I can get busy with some of the other challenges!

ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Post by DN in MN »

Super cute layout, Barb :)  Glad you are getting some scrappy time in.   On my lunch break now and may go start a layout.  Not sure what my plan is for later.  Had the family for dinner to celebrate DD's birthday last night and my DS helped clean up so there is nothing to do but put dishes away... BF is excited as bars and restaurants open at 50% this Wednesday.  So, I know we will be going to our local watering hole Wed... Looking forward to some normal if that is even possible.

Enjoy your day all!   
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

Hi Cherries!  Barb, love your layout, such a fun one with the circles!

I need to work on an album I promised my step-daughter.  I'm going to make layouts and she will put in baby pictures for her now 18 year old.  She had started one way back when and never finished.  I've been collecting a few things, but have worked on my own layouts that I had packets ready for.  I want to get those all caught up and off my workspace before I start the next project!
Kim

Image Image  
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1786

Post by CarrieG »

howdy all!

93 degrees at noon and gonna hit 102--humidity is a bit high 43%  boooooooooooooooooooooooooo
we have a "cold front" moving in and it is supposed to only be 81 tomorrow and an overnight low of 55  but then wednesday right back up to 100  LOL

the double page challenge is really not going well for me so im going to push it aside for now ---i also FINALLY got my Pebbles live life happy preorder in todays mail...i have been waiting on this forrrrrrrrrrrever--i actually had hoped it would come by NSD cuz i have pics out for it but nope...a couple of the embellishment items were on a slow boat from china or something..LOL  
I have most of my household stuff done so the goal is to scrap this afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!  not sure what yet but i do know it wont be the double page one..LOL LOL

middle DD had to write a letter to herself and a bucket list at the end of her senior year 4 yrs ago--and address it etc for the teacher to mail at the end of this school year--it came in todays mail--was so weird getting mail from her old high school in oregon..LOL  her and i had a good laugh on facetime looking at it

Last edited by CarrieG on Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2050

Post by MTCanuk »

blbabe1234 wrote:

Oh, Brandy!  I would die in that heat!  At least if it is cold up here, I put a sweatshirt on.  I don’t want to think about declothing!!

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2050

Post by MTCanuk »

No big plans for today.  It’s pretty cloudy and dull out.  
And lots of leftovers in the fridge for dinner.  

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

Good morning. Well it’s still morning in California. Apparently some time during the night our power was out for about 4 hours. I am afraid to look in my freezer. Wind switched around to the north overnight and that will heat us up again. Supposed to b mid 90’s by Wednesday. I far prefer the lovely upper 70’s we had over the weekend.
Housework all caught up for the moment. But the tax lady is coming Wednesday so need to get all my paperwork together I guess. DH has been gone for a year and a half and still dealing with stuff I never imagined. Sigh.
But once paperwork is sorted I can scrap some of the pictures older son gave me last night from his trip to Florida last week to visit his sister. Lots of cute uncle Chris and grandkids pics.
Have a good rest of the day
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

MTCanuk wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:16 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:

Oh, Brandy!  I would die in that heat!  At least if it is cold up here, I put a sweatshirt on.  I don’t want to think about declothing!!

That's why we save our "outdoor" stuff for before 9AM and after 7PM. And we stay inside in between that! LOVE air conditioning!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

CarrieG wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:13 pm
howdy all!

93 degrees at noon and gonna hit 102--humidity is a bit high 43%  boooooooooooooooooooooooooo
we have a "cold front" moving in and it is supposed to only be 81 tomorrow and an overnight low of 55  but then wednesday right back up to 100  LOL

the double page challenge is really not going well for me so im going to push it aside for now ---i also FINALLY got my Pebbles live life happy preorder in todays mail...i have been waiting on this forrrrrrrrrrrever--i actually had hoped it would come by NSD cuz i have pics out for it but nope...a couple of the embellishment items were on a slow boat from china or something..LOL  
I have most of my household stuff done so the goal is to scrap this afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!  not sure what yet but i do know it wont be the double page one..LOL LOL

middle DD had to write a letter to herself and a bucket list at the end of her senior year 4 yrs ago--and address it etc for the teacher to mail at the end of this school year--it came in todays mail--was so weird getting mail from her old high school in oregon..LOL  her and i had a good laugh on facetime looking at it

LOL! They are saying that "cold front" is going to make it down here!!  😃  Thursday morning we will wake up to a "cool" 69 and only warm up to 91. Shoot! I"ll take it! We have broken records over the weekend and its hotter today and tomorrow will be even hotter!  💀
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee

Post by CarrieG »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:48 pm
CarrieG wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:13 pm
howdy all!

LOL! They are saying that "cold front" is going to make it down here!!  😃  Thursday morning we will wake up to a "cool" 69 and only warm up to 91. Shoot! I"ll take it! We have broken records over the weekend and its hotter today and tomorrow will be even hotter!  💀 

cracks me up that is a cold front.....means very little in the summer--now when they say that in the winter i get upset..LOL
Ashjoy
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 151

Post by Ashjoy »

pawprints wrote:

Hello Barb, Your page is adorable! So fun.  

I had my cleaning person come back for the first time.  Health concerns does make it a bit challenging.  I go in my studio or out on the patio while they are here.  My daughter came and took me to her home this time.  It just feels so good to have it done.  With Ed still working at the hospital 4 days a week, I figure if I am going to be exposed it's likely to be from him or Ashlyn as she is still working as well.  

I think I'm going to take on our pantry.  There are things in there that I'm sure are out of date that just need to go.  I would so much rather spend my time other ways.  

Joyce 

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2463

Post by emmapaige »

Good afternoon.  Well since our cleaning people are coming tomorrow we are ordering pizza so I don't have to clean the kitchen again.  We will leave the house while they are here and won't come back until after they leave.  And since the weather is nice, I'll leave all the windows open which for some reason makes me feel safer that they are here.  It will be so nice to have a really clean house again instead of a semi-clean house! LOL!!

I have this layout to share which is for this month's What's My Challenge at Scrap Our Stash.  Emma and Paige who have just graduated High School!!

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Ashjoy
Cherry Bomb

Post by Ashjoy »

Hello All! 
It's super hot here on the patio. I jumped in the pool then grabbed my MacBook. to check in here but it is super hot, 110 on the patio in the shade.  I can not stay out.  Gonna head in and get something started.  

I went to jump in the pool this morning and there was a little snake in it.  It is now in the skimmer basket for someone else to get rid of.  lol. I don't like critters! 

Wedding is postponed until next summer, sending out new save the dates soon.  Daughter ordered them. Dresses have come in but will wait for fittings until much later. 

I have started a dr supervised fasting diet in hopes to drop a few pounds I've put on.  Otherwise, said dress will not fit.  

Joyce 

CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee

Post by CarrieG »

Ashjoy wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:02 pm
Hello All! 
It's super hot here on the patio. I jumped in the pool then grabbed my MacBook. to check in here but it is super hot, 110 on the patio in the shade.  I can not stay out.  Gonna head in and get something started.  

I went to jump in the pool this morning and there was a little snake in it.  It is now in the skimmer basket for someone else to get rid of.  lol. I don't like critters! 

Wedding is postponed until next summer, sending out new save the dates soon.  Daughter ordered them. Dresses have come in but will wait for fittings until much later. 

I have started a dr supervised fasting diet in hopes to drop a few pounds I've put on.  Otherwise, said dress will not fit.  

are you doing a water fast??  my regular doctor wants me to do a 5 day one soon as i finish up my anti inflamatories from the ortho to clear that gunk out of my system--i holding a lot of something in my joints now ironically...LOL  doesnt seem like it should work that way butttttttttttt  the thought terrifies me a bit-------water mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Ashjoy
Cherry Bomb

Post by Ashjoy »

CarrieG wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:51 pm
Ashjoy wrote:

Hello All! 

are you doing a water fast??  my regular doctor wants me to do a 5 day one soon as i finish up my anti inflamatories from the ortho to clear that gunk out of my system--i holding a lot of something in my joints now ironically...LOL  doesnt seem like it should work that way butttttttttttt  the thought terrifies me a bit-------water mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 
Right, water is not fun for the entire fasting time. But it really does help I think. I am in the same boat.  This is the article she gave me.  You can sign up for free to read it, but if you don't want to message me an email and I'll send you the chart she gave me to follow.  I don't know how to add it here without uploading to the gallery.  It is pretty much this: 

You can do each for a week or a month depending on how well you adjust.  It's more of a healthier way of eating lifestyle as posed to counting calories.  If you have more then 50 pounds to lose then adding the calorie limiting days in will drop weight quicker.  

10 hour feeding period at least 5 days out of the week.   1000 calories 1 day. 
8 hour feeding period at least 5 days a week      1000 calories 2 days a week 
6 hour feeding period 5 days a week                     750 calories 2 days a week 
6 hour feeding period 7 days a week.                   500 calories 2 days a week 

Again, the calorie restriction is for severely obese that need to lose the weight for health reasons.  
I'm doing just the fasting/eating periods.  I am trying a couple of different apps but the Life app seems to be the easier to use.  

My eating window is 8 hours this week. I eat when I am hungry and  only until I'm full.  

You can drink water, black or green tea or coffee during fast.  No added sweetener.  

Joyce 

CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee

Post by CarrieG »

Ashjoy wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:13 pm
CarrieG wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:51 pm
Ashjoy wrote:
Hello All! 

Right, water is not fun for the entire fasting time. But it really does help I think. I am in the same boat.  This is the article she gave me.  You can sign up for free to read it, but if you don't want to message me an email and I'll send you the chart she gave me to follow.  I don't know how to add it here without uploading to the gallery.  It is pretty much this: 

You can do each for a week or a month depending on how well you adjust.  It's more of a healthier way of eating lifestyle as posed to counting calories.  If you have more then 50 pounds to lose then adding the calorie limiting days in will drop weight quicker.  

10 hour feeding period at least 5 days out of the week.   1000 calories 1 day. 
8 hour feeding period at least 5 days a week      1000 calories 2 days a week 
6 hour feeding period 5 days a week                     750 calories 2 days a week 
6 hour feeding period 7 days a week.                   500 calories 2 days a week 

Again, the calorie restriction is for severely obese that need to lose the weight for health reasons.  
I'm doing just the fasting/eating periods.  I am trying a couple of different apps but the Life app seems to be the easier to use.  

My eating window is 8 hours this week. I eat when I am hungry and  only until I'm full.  

You can drink water, black or green tea or coffee during fast.  No added sweetener.  

Joyce--i just messaged you my email addy :)

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”