Scrap a Day, January 4th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Scrap a Day, January 4th

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries! I was up early today to get my car's oil changed. I've got laundry going now and I want to finish up some Thank you cards and hopefully get those mailed out today. ONce done, I'm hoping to get started on a layout. Not sure how much I'll get done though as my BF Charlie is going to come over later this afternoon to give DH his bday card (DH's bday is tomorrow). Then tonight, we're going out to dinner with his aunt.

How about you? DO you have scrappy plans today?
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1786

Re: Scrap a Day, January 4th

Post by CarrieG »

i would love to say i am scrapping in my nice quiet house where i am ALONE...but alas i am tearing my scraproom apart trying to find my crate halloween papers....they somehow did not get put back in the bag with the embellies and i cannot find them............im very frustrated

and you know how it goes....easily distracted cleaning thru other stuff....it is unreal the magnitude of supplies i have....and for some reason i have a litany of fall supplies when we dont even really have a fall here...LOL LOL
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2050

Post by MTCanuk »

I am headed to my scrap space!  I think I hit a record for sleeping in- almost 8:30. I think the last few weeks have caught up to me.  I was exhausted! Went out for a walk in the wild wind. But it was 45F so not too cold, which helped.  Have the dishwasher running and the sheets in the washing machine.   Need to write down the challenges and work on them.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Post by pawprints »

Thanks for posting this Brandy. I hope to scrap today, but I also need to take down my tree and put all of Christmas away. I want to have that done before the end of the weekend, so we'll see how it goes. Another rainy, overcast, dreary day out, although our temp is just under 50. Warm for us in January. Would be a good day to go for a walk and burn off some holiday calories if it wasn't raining.

Image Image Image

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1744

Post by beachlover »

Happy Saturday Cherries!!!

Doe going IN the scrap room count, lol!  Actually I am cleaning up the scrap room, kitchen, putting the rest of the Christmas presents together (we still have not celebrated with DH's brother's family and mom), found the $50 HL GC I got for my girlfriend  :?  - really getting things cleaned up.  And I did start getting scrappy stuff  out on the dining room table, but probably will not start scrapping until tomorrow. 

**  I cannot remember who sent me a December Envie, but wanted you say a great big THANK YOU!!!  I loved all the amazing things you sent; Will You Marry Me washi, Solo Hearts stencil, Dog stickers, Dazzling Blue Nuvo, Lanterns aand Fa-YOU-lous papers and Tiny Shapes Enamel dots.  Since there was no name and it just said Merry Christmas, I assumed it to be from my SS.  Thank you again so very much!!!  I hope you see this message!!!

Have a great day all! 
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

ScrappyDistractions
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 849

Post by ScrappyDistractions »

Dropped our daughter off at airport this morning for her return to Univ of Pittsburgh for spring semester.  I will definitely miss her!  Catching up on laundry, doing some meal planning for the week, and desperately trying to find motivation to walk for my 10k daily steps and/or wash the windows. 

But mostly spending the day adjusting to the 'new normal' after putting one of our dogs to sleep yesterday.  She was diagnosed with a mouth tumor on her tongue about 6 months ago that was just getting larger and larger and causing difficulty eating and then drinking.  While she may have had another few weeks we just didn't think her quality of life was good given her struggles to eat and even drink, losing strength in her legs, and just not looking happy.  She has been my husband's best friend for 15 1/2 years and he is taking it very hard even though he knows she is better off.  He loved Cricket so much that he was known to cry on vacation more than once missing her so the tears he is shedding now are hurting me more than my own heartache at losing our old friend.

Be in peace, dear friend.  You were so loved.

Imageto 
Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

ImageImageImage

DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Post by DN in MN »

I have been in my room off and on today.  About ready to glue down everything.  If I finish this layout, I will have scrapped a layout each day of this year!  Makes it sound so impressive, even though we are on day 4, lol.  BF is working on his truck so I am free and clear until dinner time  :-D

I hope everyone is having a great day ~ Happy Saturday!
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Post by DN in MN »

ScrappyDistractions wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:36 pm
Dropped our daughter off at airport this morning for her return to Univ of Pittsburgh for spring semester.  I will definitely miss her!  Catching up on laundry, doing some meal planning for the week, and desperately trying to find motivation to walk for my 10k daily steps and/or wash the windows. 

But mostly spending the day adjusting to the 'new normal' after putting one of our dogs to sleep yesterday.  She was diagnosed with a mouth tumor on her tongue about 6 months ago that was just getting larger and larger and causing difficulty eating and then drinking.  While she may have had another few weeks we just didn't think her quality of life was good given her struggles to eat and even drink, losing strength in her legs, and just not looking happy.  She has been my husband's best friend for 15 1/2 years and he is taking it very hard even though he knows she is better off.  He loved Cricket so much that he was known to cry on vacation more than once missing her so the tears he is shedding now are hurting me more than my own heartache at losing our old friend.

Imageto 

So sorry for you loss! Thoughts and prayers to you and yours during this difficult time  :(
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

LoreenC
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1282

Post by LoreenC »

Imageto ‘
This is SO Sad! I amsorry for the loss of your Dear baby and I hope your DH can get his spirits up! 

I am just getting settled in at home from Texas! Our Annie is doing OK! I am in my room, got my Christmas scrappy gifts put away and changed around my work desk and made it Clear to work on, ( eliminated everything but cutter & photo printer)! Finished a LO I started last night and Now maybe work on some more !!

Thank you, Brandy for this post!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5433

Post by Deanna13 »

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lisa! :( Sending you Big Hugs!

I'm a bit down in the dumps today. I've been having trouble with my right eye for a couple days and it's just gotten worse. At first I thought it was allergies and was self doctoring for it, but this morning it was totally crusted over with crud. gross!! I have pink eye and went to the quick care this morning. They prescribed eye drops for it. It's still so itchy, watery, crappy that I don't feel like doing much. I'm such a germ-o-phobe and the grandkids are always making fun of my hand washing and hand sanitizing and I'm just wondering how I got this.  But, I'm going to try and finish up a couple layouts I started yesterday.

Have a good day, everyone!
Image Image ImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Imageto 
Lisa, I am so sorry for ya'll's loss. This post brought tears to my eyes. As much as it hurts, you did the right thing. Quality of life is what we want for our furbabies. Nothing less and when they struggle....you just can't bear it anymore. Hope you and your husband find peace from all the memories you have of her. She is in good company up on Rainbow Bridge. Many hugs to you and your family.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Post by pawprints »

Imageto 
Oh Lisa I am so very sorry. What a beautiful baby. My heart breaks for you and your dh. It hurts so bad. May your sweet baby be at peace up on Rainbow Bridge with all of our sweet Cherry doggies that have passed on. Many, many, many ((hugs)) to you.

Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

CarrieG wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:28 pm
i would love to say i am scrapping in my nice quiet house where i am ALONE...but alas i am tearing my scraproom apart trying to find my crate halloween papers....they somehow did not get put back in the bag with the embellies and i cannot find them............im very frustrated

and you know how it goes....easily distracted cleaning thru other stuff....it is unreal the magnitude of supplies i have....and for some reason i have a litany of fall supplies when we dont even really have a fall here...LOL LOL

Oh man! I know how that goes! Hope you find them soon.

Yes, I have literally every Fall collection myself. Crazy. But hey. At least I don't own every Winter and/or Snow collection! 😂
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

MTCanuk wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:48 pm
I am headed to my scrap space!  I think I hit a record for sleeping in- almost 8:30. I think the last few weeks have caught up to me.  I was exhausted! Went out for a walk in the wild wind. But it was 45F so not too cold, which helped.  Have the dishwasher running and the sheets in the washing machine.   Need to write down the challenges and work on them.

That is awesome you slept in. Your body needed it. Have fun scrapping!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

pawprints wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:11 pm
Thanks for posting this Brandy. I hope to scrap today, but I also need to take down my tree and put all of Christmas away. I want to have that done before the end of the weekend, so we'll see how it goes. Another rainy, overcast, dreary day out, although our temp is just under 50. Warm for us in January. Would be a good day to go for a walk and burn off some holiday calories if it wasn't raining.

You're welcome Barb. Your weather was what we dealt with all week. But the sun is finally shining after dealing with rain/clouds for 5 days and its 60 degrees. We woke up to 40 degrees this morning. AT least the wind isn't blowing.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

beachlover wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:23 pm
Happy Saturday Cherries!!!

Doe going IN the scrap room count, lol!  Actually I am cleaning up the scrap room, kitchen, putting the rest of the Christmas presents together (we still have not celebrated with DH's brother's family and mom), found the $50 HL GC I got for my girlfriend  :?  - really getting things cleaned up.  And I did start getting scrappy stuff  out on the dining room table, but probably will not start scrapping until tomorrow. 

**  I cannot remember who sent me a December Envie, but wanted you say a great big THANK YOU!!!  I loved all the amazing things you sent; Will You Marry Me washi, Solo Hearts stencil, Dog stickers, Dazzling Blue Nuvo, Lanterns aand Fa-YOU-lous papers and Tiny Shapes Enamel dots.  Since there was no name and it just said Merry Christmas, I assumed it to be from my SS.  Thank you again so very much!!!  I hope you see this message!!!

Have a great day all! 

Hi Ann! That was me who sent you the Dec Envie! I'm glad you love everything. I got you a little bit of everything! Happy scrapping!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

DN in MN wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:51 pm
I have been in my room off and on today.  About ready to glue down everything.  If I finish this layout, I will have scrapped a layout each day of this year!  Makes it sound so impressive, even though we are on day 4, lol.  BF is working on his truck so I am free and clear until dinner time  :-D

I hope everyone is having a great day ~ Happy Saturday!

You go girl!!! I wish I could that. But right now, I've made it to my room everyday, and spent 15 mins in there. Not much, but its better than nothing.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2463

Post by emmapaige »

Brandy - I'm so glad you continue to have a great relationship with Charlie!!

Carrie - I've been there and done that but I'm determined to get organized in 2020.  I just finished putting my last completed layout in it's correct album.  

Leslee - glad you got to sleep in and go for that walk!

Barb - we are having the same weather and I went for a short walk.  My Christmas tree and decorations are still up and will be for at least another week.  I have absolutely no incentive to take them down yet.

Ann - I'm in my scrap room too but not scrapping.  Hope to see you on the 18th!! Miss scrapping with you.

Lisa - I'm so sorry for your loss.  What a sweet face!  I know it's hard to drop your kiddos off at college.  I was lucky that my two girls were fairly close by but my granddaughter Emma will be going to SCAD in Atlanta.  Paige still hasn't made her final decision but may end up at Old Miss.  I think I mentioned before that my daughter's boyfriend's daughter also goes to University of Pittsburgh.

Deanna - so glad you have been able to scrap every day so far this year.  Hope you can keep it up!!

Loreen - so happy to hear that Annie is doing well.

Deanna - oh no about the pink eye.  I only had it once years ago and it was not a pleasant experience.  Hope you are on the mend soon.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2463

Post by emmapaige »

Although I haven't scrapped today, I do have this layout to share.  I'm up on the Sketches in Thyme blog today.  We went to Delaware for some tax free shopping and then the grocery store to stock up on some finger food for tomorrow during the Eagles / Seahawks football game.  Came home and finished putting the last of my layouts in albums.  I'll definitely need to buy lots more for 2020. Watching the Buffalo / Houston game now but really not that interested.  I'm more interested in the next game because I would LOVE if the Titans could beat the Patriots.  LOL!!!

ImageImage
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

CristioCornman
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 109

Post by CristioCornman »

i am in my scrappy room after being lazy all day. I wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to my SS. I got my first gift today and i love it!!!!! Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”