What's One Old Product....

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 93

What's One Old Product....

Post by Monroe1218 »

So I've been delving into my stash lately and using up OLD (like way back in 2001 old...) products.... and it got me thinking.

What is one old product that's no longer made, that you would stock up on if you could get it again? 

For me, it would be the Making Memories tiny letters... in all of the colors!  (I could only find these to give an example,)

Rebecca

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Re: What's One Old Product....

Post by Flasher »

Hmmm . . . I really miss the "Got Flowers?" flower bottles.  I know that we can still get flowers, but those little milk bottles were perfectly assorted and coordinated and the colors were so vibrant. 

Also, in all my years of scrapping the only line of product I ever used completely -- as in every single piece and embelly, was a line called Lollipop Shoppe by Basic Grey.  If that ever came back, I would hoard that stuff like crazy!  I loved that line!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1369

Post by scrappinmom99 »

I love all the old October Afternoon sticker sheets - the labels & mini alphas especially but I would but ALL OF THE STICKER SHEETS again!!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2464

Post by emmapaige »

Anything Scenic Route - miss that manufacturer so much!! I still have a small stash which I guess I should really dig out and use.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1393

Post by VickiR »

How about Lil' Davis?  I loved their big chipboard words and still have these 2 in my stash...

I am still purging a lot of craft supplies. If I come across anything that someone wants, I will let you know!  Sorry, Flasher...I don't give up my BG.  I loved that Lollipop Collection too.  I still have a good many in my stash, but not that one.  The Fusion, Bittersweet, Mellow and Motifica were a few of my favs.  I do have MM alphas and a few Cosmo Crickets alphas.

lissahope26
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1705

Post by lissahope26 »

I would hoard Sassafras Lass.
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

wimom
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 676

Post by wimom »

October Afternoon Mini-Market alpha stickers! I still have several partially used sheets and dread when they will be gone. They are just the perfect size, lots of colors, wish they would come back!
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

I would buy up every sheet of paper, every chipboard pack, everything from every Basic Grey collection! I miss that company alot!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 93

Post by Monroe1218 »

I've managed to hoard quite a bit of Basic Grey and October Afternoon.  I was drawn to both of those companies but have a hard time using them - even  before they went out of business!!
Rebecca

DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Post by DN in MN »

Is it wrong that I cannot think of anything?  I am sure it is because I have been using up old product and wish I could play the new I have... but I told myself to clean out the old and I have been doing pretty well.  One manufacturer that I loved product and tools for was Making Memories.
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 898

Post by sweetsour »

Not sure if this counts but since i have recently found out that I am going to be a grandma, i really really really wish i had not used my hoarded Simple Stories Baby Steps line for gifts for other people. It is my all time favourite baby line.
Image Image
 Karrie

karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 240

Post by karensay »

I can't think of anything.  I still have most of what you all miss.  I have Basic Grey and Chatterbox and Kaleidoscope and Junkitz. Little Yellow Bicycle...rub-ons, mini letters...I can't get rid of my foam stamp alphas (most never used), tons of fibers and flowers (will probably never use, but they are pretty!)
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5437

Post by Deanna13 »

Laura wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:59 am
Hmmm . . . I really miss the "Got Flowers?" flower bottles.  I know that we can still get flowers, but those little milk bottles were perfectly assorted and coordinated and the colors were so vibrant. 

Also, in all my years of scrapping the only line of product I ever used completely -- as in every single piece and embelly, was a line called Lollipop Shoppe by Basic Grey.  If that ever came back, I would hoard that stuff like crazy!  I loved that line!

I agree with the flowers, Laura and I still have some of those in the original bottles. I miss the Prima Daisy Flowers that came after that. I love that style of flower and have very few left.

I also agree with that Basic Grey 'Lollipop' line! It was one of my favs!
Image Image ImageImage
MoochieMama
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 59

Post by MoochieMama »

Laura wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:59 am

Found this, not sure if you're interested. 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/690133869/ ... hsEALw_wcB
Michelle

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Post by 1scrappymom »

I definitely miss Basic Grey. When Scenic Route was going out, I bought a HUGE box of it, so I have a bunch of it in my stash. I miss Rusty Pickle. Laura - I also have a ton of those little letter stickers in my stash if you'd like some. I bought a bunch of them for cheap years ago and have slowly been using them up. I also love the little word stickers from Making Memories. 
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1746

Post by beachlover »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:07 pm
I love all the old October Afternoon sticker sheets - the labels & mini alphas especially but I would but ALL OF THE STICKER SHEETS again!!

I have to agree with Anne-Marie!  I have been using a lot of OA labels and little stickers in clusters!  They are so perfect!
Rebecca, I do have every color  of those little alphas!!!  They were an obsession of mine at one time!!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

antenucci
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 892

Post by antenucci »

letter stickers!  I stocked up on Lily Bee went they closed and still have some.  I have all of Bella's old ones and still use them.  
I do miss October Afternoon and Sassafrass, they were fun lines to work with.
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1369

Post by scrappinmom99 »

beachlover wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:01 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:07 pm

I have to agree with Anne-Marie!  I have been using a lot of OA labels and little stickers in clusters!  They are so perfect!
Rebecca, I do have every color  of those little alphas!!!  They were an obsession of mine at one time!!! 

Yes, exactly! I love to cluster them. I just used a bunch of school related ones on my latest layout. I'm gonna be sad whenever I use them all up!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 755

Post by traveler »

All of the jewish companies that went out of business. There is really only the occasional Hanukkah thing now. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 995

Post by blfonty »

We used to have to coordinate products from different lines before all the accents and embellies came along to match a new line. I remember cutting out letters by hand and adding my own layers of shadowing or squares. All the die cut alpha and shapes were so cool when they started coming out. I still use my Quickutz when creating pages.  
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”