Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

meljustcole

Cherry Picker

Cricut....to buy another or not
So, I just got an email from Cricut stating that anyone using any Cricut, older than the explore, that Cricut Craft Room will no longer be accessible starting in July. I have an Expression 2. They are using Design Space instead from now on and getting away from Flash software that CCR uses.  I do have a code for $75 off, if I decide to buy a new Cricut.  I was just on YouTube and the reviews for the Explore line aren't all that encouraging.  HOWEVER, over the years I have spent a considerable amount on cartridges and images through Craft room.  I hate to start over with something else, like a Silhouette.  I don't want, nor do I need 2 different machines.  I thought about keeping the Cricut Expression and getting something else altogether, but I only use my Expression BECAUSE of Cricut Craft Room and since that's going to be obsolete in a couple of months....I'm asking you ladies to help me decide. Image  What do you all have?  What do you like about it? Thanks so much, Cherries!!

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Cricut....to buy another or not
I have the cricut explore one..and love it!  which is the same machine as the air  but just not Bluetooth ....I just use a cord with the laptop not a problem.....I like design space.....I like that it is web driven so im not storing things on my laptop.
not sure if I answered your question...im not super techy so I like the ease of design space...after you get used to it.........I have no experience with other machines besides this one....but even a dummy like me can use it quickly and efficiently with ease

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

CarrieG wrote:I have the cricut explore one..and love it!  which is the same machine as the air  but just not Bluetooth ....I just use a cord with the laptop not a problem.....I like design space.....I like that it is web driven so im not storing things on my laptop.
not sure if I answered your question...im not super techy so I like the ease of design space...after you get used to it.........I have no experience with other machines besides this one....but even a dummy like me can use it quickly and efficiently with ease
I agree with everything that Carrie has said!! I also love my Cricut  Explore with the Design Space!  I watched a few tutorial videos on YouTube!! It was easy to learn!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

I agree with Carrie and Joannie!  I didn't use the CCR, but went through some of the same thoughts as you, that I had so many cartridges invested.  I got an Explore Air 2 for Christmas and love it!  When I first used it, all my stuff was still in my same account, so you won't have to more anything over if it's already on there.  Go for it.  I've seen almost as many good reviews for the Explore...
Kim

Image Image  

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

I have an Air 2 - it is amazing and so much easier to use - totally recommend the Air 2

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

joannie wrote:
CarrieG wrote:I have the cricut explore one..and love it!  which is the same machine as the air  but just not Bluetooth ....I just use a cord with the laptop not a problem.....I like design space.....I like that it is web driven so im not storing things on my laptop.
I agree with everything that Carrie has said!! I also love my Cricut  Explore with the Design Space!  I watched a few tutorial videos on YouTube!! It was easy to learn!!

Ditto!! I just got the new one for my bday in January. Like you, I had a lot of digital cricut cartridges and didn't want ot let go. But the new machine is so much better. Especially being able to get on design space via web browser.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

OH not sue how I feel about the changes, Ok I have the original cricut.  hmmmm better into a new one.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I have the Create and use it more than the NEW (Christmas '16) Explore Air.  I have not taken time to figure out how to use Design Space yet.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

meljustcole

Cherry Picker

Thanks for your input!  Sorry for taking so long to respond!  I did my research, prayed about it and decided to put my Expression (a friend had given me and I never used), my Expression 2 and 35 cartridges (already linked) up on Ebay to sell, so I can justify the cost of purchasing the Make!!!. I don't need the physical cartridges since they're already downloaded into Design Space.  I'm hoping to make at least half of what the new machine costs and the bids are already up to $205 (+shipping) so I'm pretty happy with that!!!  I ordered the Maker and the knife blade today from Cricut and it was $419, so not bad once I sell the other machines and cartridges. I just hope after I get the Maker home, Cricut doesn't unveil a new machine...again!!!!  

meljustcole

Cherry Picker

joannie wrote:
Thank you for your input!!!  I decided to just bite the bullet and get the Maker.  I deserve it!!  LOL!!!!!!!!!!

meljustcole

Cherry Picker

average_kim wrote:I agree with Carrie and Joannie!  I didn't use the CCR, but went through some of the same thoughts as you, that I had so many cartridges invested.  I got an Explore Air 2 for Christmas and love it!  When I first used it, all my stuff was still in my same account, so you won't have to more anything over if it's already on there.  Go for it.  I've seen almost as many good reviews for the Explore...
Thank you for your input!!!! I decided to dive right in and just get the Maker...I figured if I'm going to invest in ANOTHER Cricut machine, I may as well get the newest version.

meljustcole

Cherry Picker

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply and give me your opinions and thoughts on buying yet ANOTHER Cricut!!  I went ahead and ordered the Maker today.  I put my other machine(s) up on Ebay with all my physical cartridges (BOY!!  Did that ever free up some space in my craft room!!!!) to justify and take the sting out of purchasing another machine!  I won't get my money back in cartridge investment, that's for sure....but I didn't expect to...they're OLD!!!!!!  LOL!!! I'm excited to take my crafting into more "techy" realms!!  I loved Cricut Craft Room and I've been looking and learning how to navigate Design Space and I think I'm going to love it just as much....if not more!!  

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee